Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

2 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Received an update that the expected date has changed to not giving a projected date! So dealer unable to give any indication when the vehicle will arrive!

The fact you ordered in November last year and have no date as of yet is abit worrying, last heard from Lexus Edinburgh a month ago, so going to ask what they feel like the current estimations are..... is there even worth buying a new car (Lexus or otherwise) in 2022?

2 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Received an update that the expected date has changed to not giving a projected date! So dealer unable to give any indication when the vehicle will arrive!

Wow! You must have the patience of a saint. I would be cancelling if it was me. It drove me mad waiting almost 4 months for mine.

Indeed very worrying for a vehicle ordered November 2021 that has already had three projected dates slip and now has no date. Dealer also not mentioned the MY23 changes and would be in the dark about this if not for this excellent forum. Ironically the vehicle cannot be tracked in the App. Even more ironic is that I ordered Toyota new around 5 weeks past for the Mrs and this can be tracked in the App and is apparently on target for a mid November delivery. Why is the Lexus experience inferior to the so called mainstream brand? Here is the templated response,

As you may be aware due to the current climate in the world with Russia going to war with Ukraine and cases of Covid still slowing production like the 2-week closure of the Shanghai Port, Lexus are experience delays in fulfilling the huge demand for their vehicles. This has meant Estimated Time of Arrivals have been slipping.

Lexus have changed the way we track the vehicles in relation to this. While your vehicle is in the que for going into build it is classed as a Non covered Order (NCO) at this stage we are not offered any additional information of estimated delivery date.

Once the vehicle has passed into “Build” they will then give us updates of when it goes from Build to at Sea, From Sea to Arrival in the U.K and then finally from Depot to us here at Centre. This process usually takes around 2 and half months from start to finish.

All of this information will be accessible by you as a customer on Lexus Link so if you haven’t already signed up I highly recommend doing so: https://www.lexus.co.uk/my-lexus/registration/

As I am sure you can appreciate, I am as keen as you are to handover your New Lexus as soon as possible. These things are out of our control at Dealership level but if there is anything I can do in my power to help I will. We value your custom extremely highly and your patience while waiting for your new Lexus to arrive is greatly appreciated.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

Wow! You must have the patience of a saint. I would be cancelling if it was me. It drove me mad waiting almost 4 months for mine.

But get what instead? Toyota/Lexus still seem to be in a better position than most other manufacturers 

20 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

But get what instead? Toyota/Lexus still seem to be in a better position than most other manufacturers 

From what I understand BMW are keeping to a 3/4 month from ordering last time I heard.

I just called my dealer for an update. Mine is still a non-covered order, last update was 23rd September, this has now moved to 7th October and I have no faith in that date either. 

Re. the MY23 changes they did confirm that the infotainment will be updated, with delete of the touchpad and DVD. They couldn't provide anything firm but said that they have been told that cars being produced from the start of August will be MY23.

I told my dealer that I would raise this with Lexus UK and have just filled in the online form as I couldn't find a phone number. I don't blame the dealer in any way, they are telling me what they know, but it just isn't good enough.

I sympathise with the logistical challenges but have absolutely no tolerance for the abysmal communications and lack of information, especially regarding the MY23 updates. They either don't care, lack the resources to cope, or are intentionally not communicating as a strategy. None of these sit very well with me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/27/2022 at 7:52 PM, beyond the blue said:

Indeed if it was not for the Mrs would have told them where to shove it. After having dealt with Lexus since November 2021 and being a new customer to the brand would feel much more comfortable driving a Toyota (ironic I know) or a Ford and I feel such brands have better customer service levels. The only positive is we only paid £31,598 for a near £40k car. Will be convincing the Mrs and try to influence that we should sell for a small profit when it arrives and to forget this brand completely 

21 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Indeed if it was not for the Mrs would have told them where to shove it. After having dealt with Lexus since November 2021 and being a new customer to the brand would feel much more comfortable driving a Toyota (ironic I know) or a Ford and I feel such brands have better customer service levels. The only positive is we only paid £31,598 for a near £40k car. Will be convincing the Mrs and try to influence that we should sell for a small profit when it arrives and to forget this brand completely 

Now then, if that price is for the premium edition, your wife might have a point. That's a hell of a price and it's a fabulous car.

13 hours ago, VengaBus said:

Production of the 2023 Lexus ES will commence in August 2022, with deliveries to customers expected from October

🤣

For those poor souls still waiting for an order to be fulfilled this is an interesting statement on the ES page of the website:

Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Lexus Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you. 

22 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you. 

Well, take it or leave it! If you leave it you will have waited x months and no have nothing but another wait (whichever manufacturer you go with) or compromise on spec and/or colour and settle for a stock/ex-demo/secondhand car...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

For those poor souls still waiting for an order to be fulfilled this is an interesting statement on the ES page of the website:

Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Lexus Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you. 

To be fair, i think that statement is aimed at prospective new customers looking to specify a vehicle, and not those of us who have already placed an order with a dealer. We're just relaxing and enjoying the legendary Lexus customer service! (Where's that sarcasm emoticon when you need it?)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got an update from my dealer that my car (F sport with tech & safety pack ordered December 2021) will be going into production this month with an expected delivery date of October 6th - although dealer is optimistic this will be nearer end of September.

Mine will be one of the last cars on the MY22 spec, so don't get the new software updates with Lexus link pro. But at this point, I'm not too fussed. The tech & safety pack has been deleted, so I may well have had a 'reduced' spec in other areas, had I received the updated MY23 F sport.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, Cs150 said:

Go for it. 

Lexus has a very loyal following and its usually due to customer service levels. To be honest, you've been on the forum and I haven't read a single positive from your posts.

You obviously fail to grasp the fact that theres a economic crisis going on, an ongoing war and a worldwide supply issue. I've also got a car on order from another brand and thats almost been 7 months of waiting whihc has also had an MY23 change. You dont get any updates from the dealer unless you ask for one and you're not the only monkey in the jungle despite you thinking so.

"comments removed, no need for the personal insults" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Go for it. 

Lexus has a very loyal following and its usually due to customer service levels. To be honest, you've been on the forum and I haven't read a single positive from your posts.

You obviously fail to grasp the fact that theres a economic crisis going on, an ongoing war and a worldwide supply issue. I've also got a car on order from another brand and thats almost been 7 months of waiting whihc has also had an MY23 change. You dont get any updates from the dealer unless you ask for one and you're not the only monkey in the jungle despite you thinking so.

Just suck it up already and stop posting the same old crap youve been posting for the past few months. We need a change.

/Go for it

It all comes down to standards really, like most things in life different people have different standards. In 2022 if ordering a vehicle and 8 months later it is not trackable then indeed Lexus are doing a fine job. Ordering a new Toyota a few months after the Lexus has been an interesting comparison how for example the Toyota was trackable 10 minutes after placing the order. Surely a premium brand should not offer an inferior and informed experience compared to a mainstream brand. Perhaps with lower standards it is of course acceptable. After all it is only a near £40k list price car. We need a change.

/Decommission keyboard

14 hours ago, Cs150 said:

/Go for it

It all comes down to standards really, like most things in life different people have different standards. In 2022 if ordering a vehicle and 8 months later it is not trackable then indeed Lexus are doing a fine job. Ordering a new Toyota a few months after the Lexus has been an interesting comparison how for example the Toyota was trackable 10 minutes after placing the order. Surely a premium brand should not offer an inferior and informed experience compared to a mainstream brand. Perhaps with lower standards it is of course acceptable. After all it is only a near £40k list price car. We need a change.

/Decommission keyboard

Different manufacturers follow different processes. Just because Lexus are a division of Toyota, it doesnt mean they follow the same process.

Like I said, the manufacturer we ordered a car from does not have tracking either. They used to before the crisis, but they took it down after it became stupidly unreliable.

In the grand scheme of things a £40k car is probably closer to the average. A Golf R costs more than that now.

Just wait it out, dont see what the problem is and really dont see why you need constant updates.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:26 PM, rayaans said:

Different manufacturers follow different processes. Just because Lexus are a division of Toyota, it doesnt mean they follow the same process.

Like I said, the manufacturer we ordered a car from does not have tracking either. They used to before the crisis, but they took it down after it became stupidly unreliable.

In the grand scheme of things a £40k car is probably closer to the average. A Golf R costs more than that now.

Just wait it out, dont see what the problem is and really dont see why you need constant updates.

More updates become important I would suggest when confidence fades within the dealership and the brand. When 4 projected dates are missed and then the 5th date has a value of 'we don't know' then confidence is not exactly high.

Interestingly the dealer did not mentioned if it will be 22 or 23 model year spec until I pushed them only days past. No mention specifically of the features lost although online research gives the answer but it really should be the dealers job to explain this. Still cannot understand how a premium make does not allow tracking via an App or web portal when the order is placed. Since 2010 within the family we have ordered 6 new cars from 3 different brands and dealing with Lexus has been below par and inferior compared to the rest. Let's hope things get better but confidence is low and considering we got a huge discount will likely sell the vehicle for a small profit when it arrives. Will drive it for a month perhaps and then make a decision on if it stays.

14 hours ago, Cs150 said:

More updates become important I would suggest when confidence fades within the dealership and the brand. When 4 projected dates are missed and then the 5th date has a value of 'we don't know' then confidence is not exactly high.

Interestingly the dealer did not mentioned if it will be 22 or 23 model year spec until I pushed them only days past. No mention specifically of the features lost although online research gives the answer but it really should be the dealers job to explain this. Still cannot understand how a premium make does not allow tracking via an App or web portal when the order is placed. Since 2010 within the family we have ordered 6 new cars from 3 different brands and dealing with Lexus has been below par and inferior compared to the rest. Let's hope things get better but confidence is low and considering we got a huge discount will likely sell the vehicle for a small profit when it arrives. Will drive it for a month perhaps and then make a decision on if it stays.

It's been the same with most manufacturers for the past year. It's nothing new. 

VAG build dates change on a daily basis. 

You're lucky it's actually going to come in 12 months since order tbh so it's nothing drastic to be complaining about

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rayaans said:

You're lucky it's actually going to come in 12 months since order tbh so it's nothing drastic to be complaining about

To be honest , I agree with Cs150 ,

For those of us new to the brand , we were expecting some of this world beating customer service that is always talked about.

Yes there is a war, chip shortage, covid and many other problems, but that doesn't excuse dealers not telling the truth , not updating customers when they say etc.

If you signed an order for an was told ,well contact you when the cars on the way that's fine,but when you're told you will get monthly updates and then don't, when you have to keep asking if you are going to get price increases due to model year changes etc and dealers tell you anything just to get rid of you ,it's not on.

Some of us Lexus virgins expected better . I've had 4 new cars since covid hit ,and as Cs150 has experienced, Lexus communication and updates have been the worst of my 4 cars.

33 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Just because you've been treated badly by VAG, that's no reason to dismiss people's complaints about the lack of information from Lexus. VAG do not make Omotenashi a key part of their brand image.

4 hours ago, Dippo said:

Just because you've been treated badly by VAG, that's no reason to dismiss people's complaints about the lack of information from Lexus. VAG do not make Omotenashi a key part of their brand image.

Who said Id been treated badly by VAG? They've told me an estimated date of arrival which was initially 6 months with the proviso it could move closer or further but likely further. 

I email them when I fancy an update and they reply with an estimated build date. I dont have any complaints and I dont expect them to keep sending me monthly messages.

There's probably enough customers who are in the same boat chasing their orders constantly. 

Lexus customer service has and always will be much superior to other brands, but it does tend to be after you receive the vehicle! 

FYI I went to order a Nissan Qashqai for my wife as we need it for January/February. 

They had advised that lead times for factory orders were currently only 3 months, and to come back in order around October/November…

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links