Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Takumi

I bought my Takumi in September 2021 after just over two years with my UX with a Premium Pack. It drives exactly the same. Would I go into more debt to buy one?, no. I love it but at the time after 18 months of Covid and no holidays I needed cheering up, had a bit of extra cash so went for it and do not not regret it one bit even though I only found out a couple of months ago about the extra yearly road tax.

Love the larger sat nav screen, the sun roof (not used it much yet) the electric seats and steering wheel moving away for easy getting in and out and auto folding door mirrors are all great. Not used the heads up display yet. Only you can decide if it’s worth the extra money, depends I suppose weather you are a car person or it’s just a box for transport. I am a car person and it’s costs me tens of thousands in my lifetime 😂😩😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I took delivery of a Premium Pro Plus on the 17th January 2022

I could have ordered the Takumi but having checked what was fitted compared to the Premium Pro Plus I decided that going over the £40,000 car tax limit was not worth it to me.

The main options that are missing between the two models are..

Memory seats, 8 way instead of 6 way adjustable
10inch screen    
Self folding electric wing mirrors       
Kick sensor for tail gate ( This may have been deleted even on the Takumi)      
13 speaker sound system instead of 8.       
Colour coded wheel arch      

There may be one or two differences but the main things I wanted in my UX came with the Premium Pro Plus.

Heads up display. 
Sunroof.  
Plus all the other options that comes with the Premium Pro.

All in all I am very happy with the model I chose.

• Like 1

I'm picking up my F-Sport Takumi this weekend, replacing an F-Sport Premium Pack. I negotiated to bring the cost down to the point I could accept, though it does mean I'm going to be swallowing increased road tax for the next few years. As far as I'm aware the extra features I'm getting are:

• 3-eye headlights
  • Sunroof
  • Ventilated seats
  • Seat memory function
  • Automatic folding and tilting wing mirrors
  • Heads-up display
  • Mark Levinson sound system
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Sport+ mode
  • Dynamic dampers
  • 360-degree parking cameras
  • Blind-spot monitoring
  • Rear cross traffic alert
  • Colour-coded wheel arches

I think that's it? I'm most looking forward to the suspension and headlights, though there are a number of features there that I'm very keen to have on my car. You'll have to decide if enough of them are worth it to you to pay the extra! 🙂

Nick

John, as another posting I started a while ago I cancelled my premium plus UX and changed it to the Takumi, memory seats were an absolute essential for me as the car will be driven by myself and my wife whose seat settings are very different to mine so being able to hop in for either of us and recall settings, (seats, steering wheel and mirrors I believe) will make life so much easier. One day somebody will design interior mirror to do the same (I am assuming it doesn't on the Lexus) And of course the auto fold mirrors as well as other features so decided to swallow hard and pay the extra for car and road tax.

Bill D.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well done!

Actually memory seats on Takumi does also include memory setting for mirrors to adjust between Me & Mrs at the touch of a button 

A couple of weeks ago I had a two hour test drive in a UX 250h premium pack. Unfortunately I found the seats didn't suit my back. The electric seats in the Takumi have more adjustment options and based on just a few minutes sitting in one they did seem more comfortable. I realise seat comfort is very much a personal choice but I wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to compare manual and electric UX seats over an hour or two of driving?

For various reasons the F Sport isn't really an option for me.

Well the simple answer to your question in my case Roger is no but I can say that as my wife will also drive the car, electric seats with memory is a must for us, manual seats very often have adjustments which are incremental, electric seems to have a finer control. 

Hence my reason for biting the bullet and going for a Takumi (still waiting)

When I first went to have a look at Lexus cars I was quite surprised that any of them had manual seats anyway, not what I was expecting on a premium brand.

Bill D.

Thanks Bill, I've had electric seats in my last four cars and, like you, am a little surprised that many of the UX models don't. I've got used to the fine adjustments provided and being able to regularly tweak the seat position on long journeys does help my back. Also I got the impression that the Takumi seats might be a little better shaped or padded than the manual ones but I might well be mistaken.

As my earlier post when I had ordered a premium plus which has electric seats, never dreaming they would not have memory settings, that's what my current Kia Niro has and Sportage before that so surely a premium brand would but no. So cancelled and reordered Takumi, didn't want to pay that much but had to bite the bullet.

Bill D.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:20 PM, Bill Dawes said:

As my earlier post when I had ordered a premium plus which has electric seats, never dreaming they would not have memory settings, that's what my current Kia Niro has and Sportage before that so surely a premium brand would but no. So cancelled and reordered Takumi, didn't want to pay that much but had to bite the bullet.

Bill D.

Interesting Bill, I have a 2020 Premium Plus and it doesn't have electric seats. I have another on order for later this year same spec so perhaps this is a no charge upgrade on the 2020 model? I must check.

7 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Seats, mirrors and steering wheel setting on the Takumi, only thing missing is the interior mirror setting, there's the next challenge for you Lexus. 

Bill D.

Bill,

I think the rear view mirror lack of memory setting is effectively not needed with the introduction of the camera/digital rear view mirror on the new NX? (I haven't driven one enough to be sure but seems this should be the case).i know that doesn't help on your UX of course...

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links