Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone selling RCF?

Having been out of an F car for a few years now (other priorities sadly), I'm now ready to come back to the fold. If anyone is interested in selling their RCF please let me know. I'm in no real rush, so can be a flexible buyer, although I'm looking at a couple of cars over the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

The way everyone is going electric, give it six months and you could well find yourself getting a deal. Less and less people are looking for big capacity engine cars that are expensive to tax. Mix in the fact the cost of living, inflation, interest rate increases and it could soon be a buyers market!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

The way everyone is going electric, give it six months and you could well find yourself getting a deal. Less and less people are looking for big capacity engine cars that are expensive to tax. Mix in the fact the cost of living, inflation, interest rate increases and it could soon be a buyers market!

I do understand your concerns, maybe I'm in the minority. Do you drive RCF?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Ha none of that bothers him look at him outside his gaff…….

704ECDCE-BD69-4AD7-9314-6970667CA2BC.thumb.jpeg.83f392b4d51d53d8a269cde1e5517db1.jpeg

🐀

Ok, ok, ok 🐀.....I need another one to add to my impressive collection of F cars 😜.....that photo reminds me that I need to jet wash my perimeter wall 👍

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I do understand your concerns, maybe I'm in the minority. Do you drive RCF?

I used to, but the lack of torque killed me. You really have to spank an F car to get much from it. No room for that on the public roads. My Volvo has oooooodles of torque and great fuel economy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Talking of gaffs I passed yours the other day…..I must say I was somewhat surprised to see your Volvo on the drive and not in that rather nice garage….. 🐀

CFF7F6C8-4651-4C0F-AFEA-692246F432F0.thumb.jpeg.c04ee7dc6cf505c36182753f9c11c8ed.jpeg

What a beaut! Those designers at Toyota could learn loads from the Swedes 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I used to, but the lack of torque killed me. You really have to spank an F car to get much from it. No room for that on the public roads. My Volvo has oooooodles of torque and great fuel economy.

I can see where you're coming from, my previous car was a Seat Leon with a 2.0 TSI, it had heaps of torque from low revs and when I first drove the RCF I was somewhat unimpressed and wondering how something with so much power could feel so "slow". However driving the Seat was a pretty sterile experience and it seemed to just lose all of its pull at motorway speeds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I can see where you're coming from, my previous car was a Seat Leon with a 2.0 TSI, it had heaps of torque from low revs and when I first drove the RCF I was somewhat unimpressed and wondering how something with so much power could feel so "slow". However driving the Seat was a pretty sterile experience and it seemed to just lose all of its pull at motorway speeds.

I must admit of all the cars I've had, I enjoy the N/A cars more. I had a very interesting day at MB World many years ago, I had booked myself into the 4 hour intensive drivers course (they no longer do these) because I'd just bought a SL63 N/A and I wanted to see how the car performed pushing it on a closed circuit rather than the road.

When I turned up I was expecting a N/A SL63 but they had one of the all singing dancing new twin turbo SL63's. Had a great day being instructed by one of the AMG GT3 team drivers (how was that for luck) it was brutal instant brute force that I loved. Anyway despite doing hundreds of track days I came away having learnt a lot.

But on the drive home it was very revealing to me, at first I thought where's the power in my N/A SL63 it seemed almost dead compared to the instant power I'd been used to for the last 4 hours. But then after a bit of time I reverted back to N/A engine driving and quite frankly it was almost an epiphany where you just enjoyed ringing the N/A engines throat. My flat 6 Porsche was exactly the same although I felt that was a bit long geared but I just loved revving it out.

One of the reasons I keep my RCF is the fact you can rev the engine as much as you like and it never seems to complain.

• Like 3

Agreed, I have absolutely no complaints about the 2UR-GSE it's a sensational engine. If anything it's the transmission that can let it down, especially in normal mode it takes ages to wake up and downshift when you floor it. But I get why, they want normal mode to always feel smooth and torque convertery whereas Sport and S+ give you those fast and satisfying hard-edged shifts.

And I forgot to mention the cost of warranties on other marques engines that are prone to these failures and it can never be guaranteed they would do anything about it.

For instance N/A V8 AMG headbolt corrosion that could lead to the car getting hydro-locked (rare I know) Porsche flat six bore scoring issues, I speak from experience but did not suffer either these two well known issues with my cars, but it was always in the back of my mind and effected ownership joy. Also, I paid Mercedes £1500 a year for my SL and Porsche £900 for peace of mind.

I know I'm beginning to sound a bit like a Lexus RCF fan-boy but quite honestly it's a pretty good car from all angles.

I even landed up not buying a 720S and keeping the RCF, but that's another long story that I won't bore people with.

I don’t think there is another performance car out there from other marques that I would consider keeping long term other than an F.

On my eighth year of F ownership (ISF then RCF) & only ever had servicing costs to deal with, which is a complete contrast to the previous 20 years of owning various German performance cars!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DAW said:

I don’t think there is another performance car out there from other marques that I would consider keeping long term other than an F.

On my eighth year of F ownership (ISF then RCF) & only ever had servicing costs to deal with, which is a complete contrast to the previous 20 years of owning various German performance cars!!

Yeh - I dig that. Like yourself I owned both an RCF and an ISF and bought nothing but consumables.

I think the German reliability has improved. I’m three years into AMG ownership and once again I’ve only bought consumables.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Agreed, I have absolutely no complaints about the 2UR-GSE it's a sensational engine. If anything it's the transmission that can let it down, especially in normal mode it takes ages to wake up and downshift when you floor it. But I get why, they want normal mode to always feel smooth and torque convertery whereas Sport and S+ give you those fast and satisfying hard-edged shifts.

Yep, the gearbox is frustrating and only magnifies the lack of torque.

For me, an F car is great at crawling and great when being thrashed - it’s the middle ground when you want to make effortless progress - that’s where it suffers. Made even worse if you stick an after market exhaust on.

4 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yep, the gearbox is frustrating and only magnifies the lack of torque.

For me, an F car is great at crawling and great when being thrashed - it’s the middle ground when you want to make effortless progress - that’s where it suffers. Made even worse if you stick an after market exhaust on.

I think the car can do a good job at the middle ground stuff too, it's just reluctant! 😄 Sport mode with moderate throttle input seems to work for me.

I can relate to the "middle ground" thing mentioned above.

The times I have the most fun in mine, I quickly remind myself that I need my license lol....

Other day, front of the lights about head onto the M25. Had loadsa fun climbing the slip road before having to brake to join the traffic safely lol.

However, you will have the same issue driving any performance car on public roads - unless you are a complete loonatic which I am not. 

7 hours ago, BillNick said:

I can relate to the "middle ground" thing mentioned above.

The times I have the most fun in mine, I quickly remind myself that I need my license lol....

Other day, front of the lights about head onto the M25. Had loadsa fun climbing the slip road before having to brake to join the traffic safely lol.

However, you will have the same issue driving any performance car on public roads - unless you are a complete loonatic which I am not. 

Yep, got to be careful. 

I find that driving a car with more torque, you can get fun at lower speeds. I really did find myself really having to thrash the ISF and RCF to get fun out of the cars.

Lower gearing would help -  3rd gear is apparently very long on the RC-F

On 2/17/2022 at 10:21 PM, Flytvr said:

Yeh - I dig that. Like yourself I owned both an RCF and an ISF and bought nothing but consumables.

I think the German reliability has improved. I’m three years into AMG ownership and once again I’ve only bought consumables.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your AMG.  I remember discussing our thoughts on them in the run up to you purchasing yours & the C63S I drove around that time is still one of the most impressive cars I have driven, so it’s good to hear that you have had no issues to spoil the ownership experience.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:24 PM, DAW said:

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your AMG.  I remember discussing our thoughts on them in the run up to you purchasing yours & the C63S I drove around that time is still one of the most impressive cars I have driven, so it’s good to hear that you have had no issues to spoil the ownership experience.

Thanks. I’ll always have a soft spot for F cars. Only yesterday I spotted an IS-F for sale. Was a bit taken aback. Had to stop, get out and have a look round it. 

F community is a small community.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links