Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash and Leather cleaner

Hi All - I just the Lexus clan. We had a 20 year old VW Polo that gave up the ghost and have bought a 2007 is250 with 23k miles on it at the start of the year and love the car. Huge step up from a 20 year old Polo 😂image.gif

Just wanted to know what products you all are using the clean the dash. Its soft touch so not plastic so not sure what cleaner to use on it? My one seems to have a slight Mat finish to the dark grey dash. I assume it was never shiny from new? What would everyone suggest as a cleaner? I was going to get Autoglym as its highly rated on amazon but some friends who are car nuts say its average at best?

Also I have the Ivoy/ Very light cream leather seats which are perforated and heated and cooled and fully electrics. What are you all using to clean it?.... I'm afraid of spraying in product and it breaking the seating and cooled seats with the products going into the wholes and breaking the electrics. Also friends looking at pictures suggest it nappa leather which requires a different kind of cleaner.... is that true?

Any suggestions would be really welcome

Huge thanks!

IMG_MJL_📷-Juan-All-🌞_20220220_161315.jpg

Screenshot_20220220-182548.jpg

Lexus do an Executive Leather cleaning kit, expensive but you'll know it will do the job. It's very good at removing dye transfer to the Seats though. Personally for routine cleaning I simply wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth after gently vacuuming. 

• Thanks 1

I use the Marine Aerospace 303 spray on the dash and door panels - it gives a really nice non-oily satin/matte finish. I don't think you'll want a shiny dashboard as it will reflect in your windscreen on sunny days

I have the same colour for the leather seats & I use the Supernatural leather cleaner & their sealant with a boars hair brush and a few detailing brushes. I generally apply the product to the brushes and scrub the seats as it tends to disappear in the small holes in the seats otherwise. they do smell a bit vinegary when using them, but the smell doesn't linger for long. I clean and seal the seats once or twice a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fx_Donkey said:

I had no idea that existed awesome thanks!

Any suggestion for cleaning the dashboard? @NemesisUK

Again just a damp microfiber. To get finger marks off interior panels (the wife loves to use moisturiser!) I use Meg's quick interior detailer spray.

I emailed Lexus and they dont do the leather cleaning kit so will need to look else where. They suggested the link below but friends suggest thats rubbish. Does anyone know if the 2007 Is250 uses nappa leather?

https://www.supagard.com/products/supagard-professional/leather-protection

This is the kit bought from Lexus but branded as Lexus. Obviously Lexus don't make their own stuff and this is exactly the same solutions and cloth and sponge applicator. 

Thumbnail__18642.1636363198.jpg?c=2

https://www.supagardshop.co.uk/executive-leather-care-kit/

This is the one from Lexus

IMG_1884.thumb.JPG.c633552786f533275e8cd

Thread from a few years back..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

This is the kit bought from Lexus but branded as Lexus. Obviously Lexus don't make their own stuff and this is exactly the same solutions and cloth and sponge applicator. 

Thumbnail__18642.1636363198.jpg?c=2

https://www.supagardshop.co.uk/executive-leather-care-kit/

This is the one from Lexus

IMG_1884.thumb.JPG.c633552786f533275e8cd

Thread from a few years back..

I used to work for a company in the UK who blended and packaged this for Toyota / Lexus on a call off, needless to say it is the same thats used for most other car manufacturers - the company done quite a lot of these from the same batch for the likes of Volvo, Ford etc so they will mostly be the same but some will have the premium price !!

• Like 2

Leather cleaning solutions choices is exactly like tyre choice. Everyone has a 'favourite '. It's a mind field. At the end of the day Any none coloured leather cleaner is as good as the next one. Just clean the seats 2 or 3 or 4 times a year.

• Thanks 1

@Fx_Donkey Congrats on the 250. 23k miles, wow sounds like a good find. 👍 remember to get your Calipers when you can and have the slide pins greased if you haven't already 

I bought a leather cleaning kit from Halfords last summer.

I made the mistake of not rubbing the cream into the cloth properly, it got stuck between the tiny holes in the leather. It's pretty much impossible to get out once its in. I'm left with circular stain on drivers side which looks like I've pi$$ed myself🤦‍♂️ 😒

Looks much worse in person 🤦‍♂️

seat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

My issue is some cracking and damage to the drivers seat bolster on the door side - so cleaning ius unlikley to resolve it. Anyoine has experience of leather restoration kits?

Two days into ownereship of a 2012 GS250 , 50,000 k and cream leather with grey metallics bodywork

I’m just about to enter that very route. 
2010 IS250 with Ivory Leather. Not cracking as such but wear and scuffing of the bolsters and centre armrest. I’ve ordered the kit and have researched removal of various bits. The armrest lid is removed and prepped in readiness.

I’ll take some photos as I go and hopefully will get a good result …. fingers crossed. If all works out I’ll try and do a detailed write up of the procedure.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 1:09 PM, eleveneleven said:

@Fx_Donkey Congrats on the 250. 23k miles, wow sounds like a good find. 👍 remember to get your Calipers when you can and have the slide pins greased if you haven't already 

I bought a leather cleaning kit from Halfords last summer.

I made the mistake of not rubbing the cream into the cloth properly, it got stuck between the tiny holes in the leather. It's pretty much impossible to get out once its in. I'm left with circular stain on drivers side which looks like I've pi$$ed myself🤦‍♂️ 😒

Looks much worse in person 🤦‍♂️

seat.jpg

Might be tedious to do but a brush type tooth pick might be worth a try.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:49 AM, malverniite said:

My issue is some cracking and damage to the drivers seat bolster on the door side - so cleaning ius unlikley to resolve it. Anyoine has experience of leather restoration kits?

Two days into ownereship of a 2012 GS250 , 50,000 k and cream leather with grey metallics bodywork

I've had good results with the leather colourants from Furniture Clinic. They'll match the leather colour, either from the code (if they have that colour) or a small leather sample, I cut off a piece of excess from the headrest. With just some cracks the seats came up like new.

6 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

I've had good results with the leather colourants from Furniture Clinic. They'll match the leather colour, either from the code (if they have that colour) or a small leather sample, I cut off a piece of excess from the headrest. With just some cracks the seats came up like new.

That’s exactly what I’m doing right now. The only place I could find a sample was tucked up inside a headrest.

Awaiting delivery at the mo’ 🙂

On 7/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links