Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Weather

Lexiguy

We've had almost nothing but sunshine for weeks in SE London—I've been hoping to see some rain to give my garden a chance of surviving! With a hosepipe ban making car washing a tedious chore and most car wash facilities closed, I'd also welcome a few deluges, mostly at night, of course. But isn't that typical of British weather—there's always someone with something to grumble about.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Timbers said:

We've had almost nothing but sunshine for weeks in SE London—I've been hoping to see some rain to give my garden a chance of surviving! With a hosepipe ban making car washing a tedious chore and most car wash facilities closed, I'd also welcome a few deluges, mostly at night, of course. But isn't that typical of British weather—there's always someone with something to grumble about.

Oh please stop moaning Kenny !

It would be much worse if you lived on  Jupiter where that Giant Red Spot we can all see, is in fact, a gigantic storm which has been rageing since long before Galilieo spotted it.🤣🤣

• Haha 5

On 10/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ken Timbers said:

Similar weather in Sussex but after a long search - eventually found a free car wash. The SC is hibernating.

IMG_4749.thumb.jpg.eb7f92aecef3b18ec47fc74d92d890c3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

Similar weather in Sussex but after a long search - eventually found a free car wash. The SC is hibernating.

It looks as though you really did have to make a long search! It's been a while since I had a GS Lexus, but I assume that's the car you show in your picture? I really enjoyed mine. I've had ten Lexus cars, including four RC 300 models, and enjoyed all of them, but I'm hoping my SC430 is going to be a keeper. So far so good...

• Like 2

Yes Ken it's the ultra rare GS460. If I could just find time to reverse the previous owner's visible exhaust antics it would be a perfect Q car. The car park at Kylesku Bridge is a well used spot......better weather different Lex.WP_20170830_012.thumb.jpg.0eafa5bcda7119c0a8dabb204d194003.jpg 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Neil E said:

it would be a perfect Q car

Hi Neil,  

The GS I had was a 450H and the first Lexus I bought. I was thinking of selling my third Porsche, but wanted to look at hybrid technology, encouraged by my brother's championing the Toyota breed. I was shown the GS and offered a test drive—and, as they say, "the rest is history"! The acceleration and power more than equalled the Boxster 3.8 Tiptronic I was selling. A Q car indeed! I only parted with it when I wanted to reduce to a single car and it was too much of a handful for my better half. Now that she prefers not to drive, I'd look seriously at a GS if I were to change, but I'm sticking with the SC pro tem.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Yet again Aldi get me to buy something from the middle isle. Now the mornings are getting very damp I bought one of these for a fiver to put in the SC.24EB7B9D-66A8-40F7-B518-093990B8493F.thumb.jpeg.d05c8525b43c221f520fb6255ad3fda8.jpeg

Hi Glyn

Can you give us a full report if how it works please.

Anthony 

6 hours ago, Ken Timbers said:

Hi Neil,  

The GS I had was a 450H and the first Lexus I bought. I was thinking of selling my third Porsche, but wanted to look at hybrid technology, encouraged by my brother's championing the Toyota breed. I was shown the GS and offered a test drive—and, as they say, "the rest is history"! The acceleration and power more than equalled the Boxster 3.8 Tiptronic I was selling. A Q car indeed! I only parted with it when I wanted to reduce to a single car and it was too much of a handful for my better half. Now that she prefers not to drive, I'd look seriously at a GS if I were to change, but I'm sticking with the SC pro tem.

My 450H Ken is like a Saturn 5 without the noise, vibration and harshness. I agree with your views of it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Winter has definitely arrived but I did go out Monday and yesterday in the SC. One of my RX wheels needed diamond cutting as I caught it on a kerb. An insurance job but over 20 miles away and I didn’t fancy driving that distance on a spacesaver and the 20” RX wheel fitted in the boot of the SC.  Lovely and sunny albeit cold on both days. I have to say I am so impressed with how good the sound of the ML system is particularly streaming music from my Iphone via the SC430mods.com Bluetooth adaptor. I have had several BMW’s with high end systems and they haven’t sounded as good.  However what I do find strange is how poor the ML system is in the RX, sounding very thin and lacking any sound stage.

A friend of mine had recommended a group called The War on Drugs so l have just started listening to them and am really enjoying their music. They are an old American rock group which I had never heard of. Nowadays I find it hard to find new artists that play music I want to listen to. Old bands didn’t just sing songs but took you on a journey through their music. I recommend you give them a listen. I particularly like tracks Under the Pressure and Red Eyes.  What do you think?  Any other artists you love to listen to?

SC is now back under it’s cover now. If only I had a garage then I wouldn’t have to wash and dry the car every time i put the cover back on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glyn Jennings said:

……A friend of mine had recommended a group called The War on Drugs so l have just started listening to them and am really enjoying their music. They are an old American rock group which I had never heard of. Nowadays I find it hard to find new artists that play music I want to listen to. Old bands didn’t just sing songs but took you on a journey through their music. I recommend you give them a listen. I particularly like tracks Under the Pressure and Red Eyes.  What do you think?  Any other artists you love to listen to?

Just had a quick listen on YouTube - great band. I’ll be looking out more of their stuff.  At the moment I’m really into Joe  Bonamassa’s stuff. Old school bluesy rock played with feeling. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Old bands didn’t just sing songs but took you on a journey through their music.

hahahahahaha .  how far back do ya wanna go  ???    seasonal

Bing Crosby  Merry Christmas for a starter .............  and I even heard a Cliff Richard one too a few days back .........  and he's been on TV too very very recently .........  he's looking good for his age eh !

AND it's jolly jolly cold, nay FREEZING down here in Kent .....  well all over I'm thinking  ..  wrap up well everyone 

Malc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

AND it's jolly jolly cold, nay FREEZING down here in Kent .....  well all over I'm thinking  ..  wrap up well everyone

My car was heavily iced yesterday morning, but I had to get to a medical appointment. I started the engine, set the blower to max and fetched my trusty ice scraper. I was amazed by how quickly the car's heating system de-iced the glass—I was expecting a 15-minute job and it was all done in five. If we're in for more of the same, as the forecasters predict, I'm glad I've got such a good system!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ken Timbers said:

My car was heavily iced yesterday morning, but I had to get to a medical appointment. I started the engine, set the blower to max and fetched my trusty ice scraper. I was amazed by how quickly the car's heating system de-iced the glass—I was expecting a 15-minute job and it was all done in five. If we're in for more of the same, as the forecasters predict, I'm glad I've got such a good system!

And it is 15 years old Kenny !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

My RX is a great car but the time for defrosting and demisting is abysmal unlike the SC. I wonder if it is because it is a hybrid. 

My hybrid RC defrosted quickly and the petrol engine was up to temp within minutes. Not really had to test the RX but from a subzero start the morning the engine was up to temp within minutes, very similar to the RC.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

My RX is a great car but the time for defrosting and demisting is abysmal unlike the SC. I wonder if it is because it is a hybrid. 

Glyn,my 20 year old Merc (non hybrid) was lousy and my GS (hybrid) is also lousy. The common denominator is ME  🤣

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Glyn,my 20 year old Merc (non hybrid) was lousy and my GS (hybrid) is also lousy. The common denominator is ME  🤣

Must be all that heavy breathing John! 😂

• Haha 2

defrosting and de-icing on my ancient steed is pretty damn good too actually ............  just don't really want to pop out in her until the wonderful sunshine has had fist stab at defrosting her in the mornings   Lucky the car is parked by the Town Quay and there's no buildings nor trees dampening the morning sun effect ........ 🤩

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links