Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus RZ revealed

The day the prices were formally announced my dealer called to ask my colour and trim colours. I asked him why now as he was saying delivery would be well into next year (probably Sept) and he said he wanted to load the factory order and this needed the info. He said it would then be an order in my name and not a dealer order - he also said that nearer the time of manufacture,  if I wanted to change then it could push back delivery.  He did assure me that I could pull out of the order and get my £500 back, up until a test drive or start of manufacture, whichever was the later. 

13 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

John, I had a message left today to ring Cameron from the same dealer we have both placed our orders for our new RZ’s. Cameron’s message was he needs to know the colour and interior colour. So my order could be fully processed to Lexus. I tried ringing him back and spoke to one of his colleagues. I asked did I need to provide my colours etc. If the car wont be delivered until whenever next year. And I asked again, when might it be delivered, and didn’t get an answer. You seem to be getting more info from the Exeter dealer... Can I ask have you provided your colours etc…? I might be better to cancel my order with Exeter and place it with the Lexus dealer that supplied my new LC500 Convertible...! 

Hi Kevin

I ordered Sonic Grey the same as my NX. I was told that it was better to provide the colour at the time of order to ensure it gets into the system quicker. Whether or not this makes a difference or not I don't know. To be honest, I might cancel depending on circumstances nearer the time when I've had a test drive. I still think 72k is too much but who knows by the time we get to next year.

9 hours ago, John Adams said:

Hi Kevin

I ordered Sonic Grey the same as my NX. I was told that it was better to provide the colour at the time of order to ensure it gets into the system quicker. Whether or not this makes a difference or not I don't know. To be honest, I might cancel depending on circumstances nearer the time when I've had a test drive. I still think 72k is too much but who knows by the time we get to next year.

Hello John, I have cancelled my order with Exeter. I have spoken to the Lexus dealer I bought my LC500 Convertible from… Speaking to one of their sales guys has been so different…! 

I have learnt that RZ’s with One Motion steering won’t be available until early 2024.

I received the attached Price List that’s dated August 2022.

All be it they are at the other end of the country… I will be paying the £500 to this dealer. 

My thoughts, including prices for similar used electric cars… The BMW iX3 etc. I think the new RZ will no doubt be very good value for the money, and a great car… 

And it will be another great Lexus…!

From an email just received…

To confirm from the Supply bulletin provided by Lexus August 26th ''–  opened for ordering on Monday 8th August. However, due to ongoing global supply chain disruption, we are anticipating delays to the Start of Production for the All New RZ 450e. Based on the latest information we are now expecting production to commence during Q1 2023, with customer deliveries commencing from early Summer 2023.

RZ_Aug_22.pdf

• Like 1

I have finally just had a call from Lexus Exeter to ask for my debit card number to refund the £500. During the phone call I was advised if I didn't cancel my order... The car should arrive in March...!!!!!!!! So John, your car should arrive in March...?

If a dealer is adamant that the car would be delivered in March I would ask when they will have a car to test drive - the demos should be available well in advance of deliveries otherwise they will be risking manufacturing and delivering cars that the buyer can cancel and get their deposit back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

If a dealer is adamant that the car would be delivered in March I would ask when they will have a car to test drive - the demos should be available well in advance of deliveries otherwise they will be risking manufacturing and delivering cars that the buyer can cancel and get their deposit back. 

Bob, its a question for someone to ask that has ordered one from Exeter...? I cancelled my order with them. Because there is something not right with the Lexus Exeter dealer...? You can read above what my new Lexus dealer has said to me... I hope your Essex Lexus dealer isn't tarred with the same brush as Exeter...!

No they aren’t. They called on the same day the official price list was announced, asked my preferences and said demos realistically wouldn’t be in the UK until about June and my delivery Aug - prolly then waiting until the new reg in Sept.

They had experienced deliveries of NX’s pushed back so were being quite pessimistic about actual delivery times - even at the cost of potentially losing a sale. At the same time, the Range Rover dealer I bought my car from told me if I ordered a RR then he couldn’t give an official delivery time but said not less than a year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

No they aren’t. They called on the same day the official price list was announced, asked my preferences and said demos realistically wouldn’t be in the UK until about June and my delivery Aug - prolly then waiting until the new reg in Sept.

They had experienced deliveries of NX’s pushed back so were being quite pessimistic about actual delivery times - even at the cost of potentially losing a sale. At the same time, the Range Rover dealer I bought my car from told me if I ordered a RR then he couldn’t give an official delivery time but said not less than a year. 

Your post reads like your Essex Lexus Dealer is very good… Like the Lexus dealer I am now using that’s at the other end of the country to me…!

I recently took delivery of my local RR Dealer’s demo Evoque P300e. It’s good and ideal for me…

I am looking forward to my RZ arriving. I won’t be arranging a test drive… It will be a great car…!

I will be buying my 2nd SC430 to put in my side garage when it’s been cleared out by my builders… The Forum’s SC430 owners seem a good bunch…! They will no doubt help me purchase the right one…!

430 Front 2.JPG

15 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

I have finally just had a call from Lexus Exeter to ask for my debit card number to refund the £500. During the phone call I was advised if I didn't cancel my order... The car should arrive in March...!!!!!!!! So John, your car should arrive in March...?

I wont hold my breath!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought a Honda from Fish Brothers Swindon. I asked the guy I was dealing with to enquire of their Lexus Dealership about the RZ… He was advised that any new orders they received are likely to be 2024 deliveries as they have already taken orders for all of their 2023 allocations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve enquired about the Subaru Solterra, as essentially it’s a very similar car to the RZ underneath. It also claims a longer maximum range at 280 miles.

The local dealer says they expect to have a car to test drive before Christmas, with first customer deliveries starting in March. Sounds familiar…

Meanwhile, over at Toyota they had a BZ4 in the showroom. Looked nice. A saleswoman rushed over to say they couldn’t take orders for it, and that it was being taken out of the showroom due to ‘production delays.’

What on earth is going on?!

8 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It’s wheels may fall off. A full worldwide recall and deliveries suspended. 

https://www.electrifying.com/blog/article/recall-makes-wheels-fall-off-toyota-s-bz4x-launch-plans

Blimey...! It reads like Toyota have stupidly bought some bits from JLR...!

56 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Urgent question guys, is the price definitely  guaranteed if you have paid the £500 deposit?

You would need to discuss with your dealer. I suspect the £500 pre-order gets you on the waiting list but until you have 'ordered' the vehicle the price would be subject to change.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

You would need to discuss with your dealer. I suspect the £500 pre-order gets you on the waiting list but under you have 'ordered' the vehicle the price would be subject to change.

Thanks

Ok, I will wait and see what he says tomorrow then. If the price is fixed and delivery is mid2024, then I will pay the £500. If not, then obviously there is no point doing that with a 10% inflation ( Prices will go up 3% on Tuesday, hence why I wanted to be quick)

rz order.png

13 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Thanks

Ok, I will wait and see what he says tomorrow then. If the price is fixed and delivery is mid2024, then I will pay the £500. If not, then obviously there is no point doing that with a 10% inflation ( Prices will go up 3% on Tuesday, hence why I wanted to be quick)

rz order.png

Delivery is mid 2024...? Is this because of all the orders they have taken...? I am hoping to get mine in the Summer of 2023...      This is the latest I have from my dealer in Edinburgh...      To confirm form the Supply bulletin provided by Lexus August 26th ''–  opened for ordering on Monday 8th August. However, due to ongoing global supply chain disruption, we are anticipating delays to the Start of Production for the All New RZ 450e. Based on the latest information we are now expecting production to commence during Q1 2023, with customer deliveries commencing from early Summer 2023.

6 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:
Delivery is mid 2024...? Is this because of all the orders they have taken...? I am hoping to get mine in the Summer of 2023...      This is the latest I have from my dealer in Edinburgh...      To confirm form the Supply bulletin provided by Lexus August 26th ''–  opened for ordering on Monday 8th August. However, due to ongoing global supply chain disruption, we are anticipating delays to the Start of Production for the All New RZ 450e. Based on the latest information we are now expecting production to commence during Q1 2023, with customer deliveries commencing from early Summer 2023.

Just returned from paying the 2K deposit,  refundable if I don't like the vehicle and price is protected. 

It will come at some point in 2024

9 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

£2k - was that your choice or is the £500 no longer available. Have you got a full order with the terms on it confirming the price with no get out for Lexus ? 

That's the message 

"Hi Yes when the order is processed and you are given a build number your order is price protected 
The web site allows you to pay the reservation deposit of £500 
Whilst the centre is closed we would then make contact to take a further deposit of £1500 total £2000 then invite you in to configure the colours etc 
Once the demonstration car arrives if you test drive the car and do not like this you can cancel the order and the deposit is fully refundable back to you

OK, will give you a ring later. I guess we can protect today's price if I transfer the money today. Is this correct?

Correct speak to you later 👍"

So yeah, looks good. 

Didn't feel anything suspicious,  they agreed that if I don't like it at test drive - I requested a long one to check real world range - I will get my money back

3 hours ago, talaipwros said:

That's the message 

"Hi Yes when the order is processed and you are given a build number your order is price protected 
The web site allows you to pay the reservation deposit of £500 
Whilst the centre is closed we would then make contact to take a further deposit of £1500 total £2000 then invite you in to configure the colours etc 
Once the demonstration car arrives if you test drive the car and do not like this you can cancel the order and the deposit is fully refundable back to you

OK, will give you a ring later. I guess we can protect today's price if I transfer the money today. Is this correct?

Correct speak to you later 👍"

So yeah, looks good. 

Didn't feel anything suspicious,  they agreed that if I don't like it at test drive - I requested a long one to check real world range - I will get my money back

Have you been given a build number...? My Lexus dealer asked for the colours etc. Which I gave them and they said my order was now placed with Lexus UK... But I have no build number or asked to pay any more deposit...

33 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Have you been given a build number...? My Lexus dealer asked for the colours etc. Which I gave them and they said my order was now placed with Lexus UK... But I have no build number or asked to pay any more deposit...

No build number but I told them colours etc. That been said, he says we can always change colours and spec later.

I really doubt they will put their reputation at stake with someone that just bought a new RX and ordered an RZ, for 2 thousand pounds to be honest

On 10/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, talaipwros said:

Urgent question guys, is the price definitely  guaranteed if you have paid the £500 deposit?

I have spoken to my Lexus dealer to enquire about any change to my proposed delivery date… I was advised…

Lexus Edinburgh have only ever been dealing with fully refundable £500 deposits for any factory order vehicles. The £500 secures the build slot and order number and then the next major update (assuming there has been no further change or communication to us) will be when the car goes in to build.

As for the estimated ETA's of the RZ, we are still confident that the first customer orders (including yours) will arrive summer 2023.  

My order no is LH 4754 

Good news that I should see my RZ in the summer of 2023. 

They were very good to deal with when I bought my new LC500 Convertible from them…

• Like 1

I had an email from my dealer today confirming my order No as LE9783 with a current expected delivery of May 23. He also said - However when the car goes into build this date should come forward, but I do not know for certain or by how much.

I am hoping he is right !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links