Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Purchase

Byngo123

Hi all, 

Been looking for a nice example of a LS400 for a while now, and here it is!

1997 Lexus LS400 - 84K miles - Reasonably good condition! I think the colour is called Cashmere Beige? 

It joins my 2000 BMW E39 528i in taking over all available driveway space, and I'm shocked at how much bigger it is than my 5 Series.

1593970827_IMG_6575(2).thumb.jpeg.9f720143babeffcd02c596725fe2e62a.jpeg

Already developing a slight headache from what looks to be a bodged repair to the front O/S wing/bumper which is also causing issues with the parking light, but other than this, it's a lovely example in my favourite colour. More pics below 🙂 

IMG_6610.thumb.jpeg.e007e0d6879a56be6c0682a5a89e6b4f.jpeg

IMG_6614.thumb.jpeg.3c6e4bf36075f92727577a34d772c115.jpeg

IMG_6612.thumb.jpeg.5d487d88702ae734e2ba35db9c8f60f4.jpeg IMG_6647.thumb.JPG.05da0d1ad27ab56a3ecca442eb44c57e.JPG

Here's to many more years of ownership, as I don't plan on letting this go any time soon!

IMG_6583.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Byngo123 said:

a bodged repair to the front O/S wing/bumper

seeing that was mentioned in the MOT Advisories 3/4 years back  !

She looks a nice car .  the Mk3 is my favourite too ...  only had the Mk1 and 2 prior 

Well done, she could last you for ever if treated nicely ......  have u checked all the stuff out on here about the Mk3 issues ?  there are very few but maybe worth reminding yourself sometime .... she looks good

Malc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Malc said:

seeing that was mentioned in the MOT Advisories 3/4 years back  !

I did notice this before I went to look, from a quick inspection of the outside it's almost invisible to see, but looking closely you can see where it has been pulled, and the parking light doesn't quite line up with the guide holes. I think an inspection with my local mechanic and a little bit of work could get it back to how it should be, but it's not urgent, just a niggle that will stay in my brain every day until it's done! 

Other than this, I think it's like you mentioned, will last forever if I keep on top of everything. Familiarising myself with common issues as we speak, will come in handy at some point I'm sure. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi James and welcome to the LOC.

I’ve only recently sold my 1994 model after 16 years of ownership, I never thought I would find another in the same or better condition but eventually upgraded to a 2004 model.

How did you come across yours? It looks to be in good condition apart from the wing problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@steve2006

Why did you sell yours after 16 years of ownership? 

It was in such good condition, reliable, cheap classic agreed value insurance and I do such low mileage I just kept it thinking I would never find another like it.

How many cars do you know at 25 years old that still have their original brake discs all round, the original headlight bulbs, still not hit 100k miles and spends 99% of its life in the garage.

Even when it was cat C years ago I could not find a decent replacement so after the insurance gave me the car back for nothing I had it repaired.

A few times I thought about changing it, sometimes I thought “I’m bored with driving the same car and the seats need some work” However I did the seats myself and carried on.

Had it not been for Phil selling his 2004 Celsior with everything maintaining  wise already done and in immaculate condition at a good price I would certainly still have it.

I did hang onto it for several months after buying the newer car but let it go before the insurance ran out.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Byngo123 said:

Familiarising myself with common issues as we speak

Have you looked at the specifics on the Ls400 section of this Forum ?

There's a top section about unexpected debilitating issues that your normal indy mechanic might not think about 

Good luck with it all

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links