Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I hope this is allowed, a link to my car ad. I see links to other people's cars are here so hopefully it is.. After almost nine years of happy ownership I've decided to move my LS 400 on. It's in excellent condition and has done a mere 73000 miles. It's a wonderful thing but I'm simply not using it enough (same for my daily as well). The link to the ad is here: https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1460938

Hugh, a very fine looking specimen and at a brilliant sensible price in this market ........... 

wish you good fortune in selling to a discerning and appreciative buyer

Malc

Thank you Malc. I've been stewing over it for months, and written an ad several times, only to change my mind. I'm really not using it, so once I made my mind up, decided to price it to sell quickly, hopefully.

• Like 1

Hugh,  to echo Malc, a fine looking car, and priced well.

I know what you mean about stewing over the decision, I keep stewing over whether to move on from my Mk4 (with 217,000) on the clock.  not as pristine as yours, with more bits starting to fail and show there age.

I sat in a mates Merc CL550 (ten years old) full of gizmos, but when I got back in my LS, I knew why the LS has really stolen my heart.

I do a 24 mile round trip to work, so does get daily usage, and like you say hopefully someone can give your car the miles it deserves

• Like 1

Hugh .................  it hasn't ( silly ) air suspension then ?          is it an Original DHP from brand new at the Main Dealer do you know ?

Malc

11 hours ago, Malc said:

Hugh .................  it hasn't ( silly ) air suspension then ?          is it an Original DHP from brand new at the Main Dealer do you know ?

Malc

No air suspension. Original DHP suspension, when a spring broke with the previous owner, Lexus replaced all 4 for him, and specified DHP springs

• Like 1

SOLD - I just sold my car to a charming chap from down South. It seemed to be exactly what he was looking for and he was a pleasure to deal with. He is a member of this forum so I know it's gone to a good home. This mattered to me as I had doubts about selling right up to the end. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, harrylime said:

SOLD - I just sold my car to a charming chap from down South. It seemed to be exactly what he was looking for and he was a pleasure to deal with. He is a member of this forum so I know it's gone to a good home. This mattered to me as I had doubts about selling right up to the end. 

Well done, and I think you'll find we're all charming chaps down south!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I bought my 430 through the forum unseen - it was delivered by the forum member.

I would of bought yours if I was in the market for one - From your posts I know it has bee looked after and it was very reasonably priced.

and I'm sure Mike should be very pleased with his discerning purchase  .....  is it you Mike that has bought it ?  :unsure:

Malc

2 hours ago, harrylime said:

as I had doubts about selling right up to the end. 

and maybe they will continue long past this time too ...........  do tell us when you get, or even search for  another eh :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

I will miss that car a lot, but my circumstances mean I would never have used it much. I probably don't do more than around 3000 miles a year between both my cars. It's a waste. One of the things that made me change my mind about selling before is when I read about what went into the 400's development, compared to other cars. Things like seat suspension system with an anti roll bar! Just last night I read that the cupholders and ashtray were designed to deploy at exactly the same speed, As if they are ever deployed at the same time, so who would notice? Where else would I ever get that level of engineering and attention to detail? I would suggest nowhere

6 minutes ago, harrylime said:

Where else would I ever get that level of engineering and attention to detail? I would suggest nowhere

when you wake up and smell the coffee and suddenly realise she's living down South and there's a possible replacement somewhere in Yorkshire or further North :wink3:

I've realised I'm never going to readily sell mine even tho' she's a little battered and beaten from nearly 239k miles of good honest toil and amazingly happy fantastic european and UK wide easy driving with lack of likely breakdown .... security and tremendous comfort all the way ...........

your's might have been that contender for a replacement but Mike ? got there quickest and I'm always ultra ultra careful about putting my hand in my pocket just in case the moths flyaway :whistling:

You'll be back for another ( possibly ) 

Keep in touch on here whatever and

Best wishes

Malc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malc said:

and I'm sure Mike should be very pleased with his discerning purchase  .....  is it you Mike that has bought it ?  :unsure:

Malc

Oh yes and I feel like I have just won the Lottery. I had often dreamed of ending up with such a LS 400. Sadly I was told that my present LS400 had a bad dose of Tinwormulitis and to fix would cost in excess of £2000, the inner rear wheel arches were in a bad shape. Whilst I was more than happy in getting the mechanical bits the trouble with rust is you don't know how bad the car is suffering. The car has a MOT until the end of February 2023. Once I have had the new Lexi LPG installation down at Profess I will put my old Lexus up for sale. Mean while I must try and wipe this grin off my face. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bluesman said:

Oh yes and I feel like I have just won the Lottery. I had often dreamed of ending up with such a LS 400. Sadly I was told that my present LS400 had a bad dose of Tinwormulitis and to fix would cost in excess of £2000, the inner rear wheel arches were in a bad shape. Whilst I was more than happy in getting the mechanical bits the trouble with rust is you don't know how bad the car is suffering. The car has a MOT until the end of February 2023. Once I have had the new Lexi LPG installation down at Profess I will put my old Lexus up for sale. Mean while I must try and wipe this grin off my face. 

Aha! So you're the proud new owner! Well done young man, you've made a great decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 6:14 PM, Bluesman said:

I had often dreamed of ending up with such a LS 400.

and so Mike .................  tell us all about this phenomenon in your midst :yes:

Malc

On 6/7/2022 at 5:33 PM, Malc said:

and so Mike .................  tell us all about this phenomenon in your midst :yes:

Malc

With only 73k on her she drives as you would expect her too straight out of the show room when she was new. Everything works, having done around 100,000 miles on my original LS400 giving her a combined mileage of 194,000 the only way I can describe her as become loose when compared to Lexie2. Hugh the original owner has done a sterling job of looking after her. There cant be many cars that are 23 years in age have only ever failed the MOT once and that was for a duff lamp bulb. Brand new brakes and 5 x Kumho Ecsta tyres, I knew this car was going to be mine after 1st looking at her picture, the car and Hugh were as genuine  as the day is long.

Getting her LPGd in the next couple of weeks, thankyou Profess.

Lots of miles with lots of smiles. I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bluesman said:

With only 73k on her she drives as you would expect her too straight out of the show room when she was new. Everything works, having done around 100,000 miles on my original LS400 giving her a combined mileage of 194,000 the only way I can describe her as become loose when compared to Lexie2. Hugh the original owner has done a sterling job of looking after her. There cant be many cars that are 23 years in age have only ever failed the MOT once and that was for a duff lamp bulb. Brand new brakes and 5 x Michelin tyres, I knew this car was going to be mine after 1st looking at her, the car and Hugh were as genuine  as the day is long.

Getting her LPGd in the next couple of weeks, thankyou Profess.

Lots of miles with lots of smiles. I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Thanks for that Mike, it was a pleasure to do business with a true enthusiast. Just one correction, the new tyres I fitted are Kumho Ecsta, which I was very happy with. I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did. Regards

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 5:33 PM, Malc said:

Malc

She is down in South Wales having the LPG fitted. I get her back on Tuesday. I will get some nice pictures of her and post them on here.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 5:57 PM, Bluesman said:

She is down in South Wales having the LPG fitted. I get her back on Tuesday. I will get some nice pictures of her and post them on here.

Sounds a cracker Mike. Congratulations

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links