Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC 500 storage ideas

Winston

Hi All

Having just bought the LC 500 I tried to transfer all the junk/crap miscellaneous paraphernalia from my old car into my new car

I then realised that the lack of storage mentioned but not really appreciated when watching YouTube videos (to busy starring at the wheels and listening to the engine) was not an exaggeration. I have been through my pile of junk twice and managed to get it down to 25% of original amount but I am still struggling to find nooks and crannies to fit things in.

So my long winded question is has anybody had any clever ideas on fitting small bag or pouched in the boot or car and secure so they don’t roll around, any ideas would very much be appreciated.

Thank you

Not sure what you lug around all the time as my boot was basically empty other than after a big shopping trip.Any coats,day bags etc went on the back seat with our retriever.

A J.

We bought a black Stewart potting up tray from the garden centre for about £8. This fits neatly into the gap between the wheel arches against the back seat. We hold it in place with a bungy strap between the two forward chrome loops.

It works well and there is still room for a weekend case in the boot. 🙂

4 hours ago, Winston said:

so they don’t roll around, any ideas would very much be appreciated.

don't throw the junk out in the first place, it will then buffer itself against rolling around in a full-up boot 

14 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

is still room for a weekend case in the boot.

yes, you need that coz there's absolutely zero space for one on the back seats maybe :whistling:

Enjoy your new beauty 

Malc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winston said:

Was thinking of putting a small bag on floor behind drivers seat

the bag would need to  be as skinny as a greenfly :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian R said:

Simple solution, adopt a minimalist life style. Got to admit, I am intrigued as to what you are or at least attempting to stash in the  boot.........

I still like to keep an AA atlas, thin fleece, water proof of some kind, ice scrapper, small torch, CDs (now that I can again) latex gloves, electric tape, compact umbrella, etc. I think either a bag behind drivers seat (the seat is far enough back and close to the rear seats that you can not see it) 

or a small bag in boot that I can strap to the netting points on one side

The storage unit Alex suggested looks great but a bit too big for what I want, but some of the suggestions it throws up may be ok.

After a long hard internal argument I have decided to throw out my Atlas and water proof ( some of the pages of my Atlas had stuck together as it was last used on a holiday to St Ives in 1989😃

1 hour ago, Winston said:

or a small bag

small freebie Wilko carrier bag might do ......... compact yet big enough to stash all the above and a few chocolate bars too :whistling:  .....  for those emergency stops

I use  TWO  Morrisons carrier bags for all my  " essentials " ..... including an aged A - Z atlas last used some time back too,  but then again the boot in my Ls400 is ginormous :wink3:

My chocolate bars I keep with the cassette tapes in the glovebox !  .......  my torch is courtesy of my Iphone tho' .........

Malc

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Malc said:

small freebie Wilko carrier bag might do ......... compact yet big enough to stash all the above and a few chocolate bars too :whistling:  .....  for those emergency stops

I use  TWO  Morrisons carrier bags for all my  " essentials " ..... including an aged A - Z atlas last used some time back too,  but then again the boot in my Ls400 is ginormous :wink3:

My chocolate bars I keep with the cassette tapes in the glovebox !  .......  my torch is courtesy of my iPhone tho' .........

Malc

On my way to the shop to get my chocolate bars now I feel an emergency coming on😃

• Like 1

Just read the list of crucial items and your boot will provide more than enough room for that little lot. Curiously I too bought a "store all" similar to Graeme's and if I recall correctly probably for my XE. As for the compact umbrella, hopefully it will fit neatly into the passenger door bin, as indeed mine does. Earlier this week I used an atlas for the first time in years and in the event it proved very useful as we visited various spots in the New Forest so still a handy item to have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian R said:

so still a handy item to have.

I'll get myself a latest A - Z edition then .....  mine's from almost pre motorway times :wink3:

Malc

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brian R said:

Just read the list of crucial items and your boot will provide more than enough room for that little lot. Curiously I too bought a "store all" similar to Graeme's and if I recall correctly probably for my XE. As for the compact umbrella, hopefully it will fit neatly into the passenger door bin, as indeed mine does. Earlier this week I used an atlas for the first time in years and in the event it proved very useful as we visited various spots in the New Forest so still a handy item to have.

I have thrown mine out but I am getting strangely nostalgic for it

even though I never use it I have the urge to buy another 

Time will see if I succumb 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Winston said:

I still like to keep an AA atlas, thin fleece, water proof of some kind, ice scrapper, small torch, CDs (now that I can again) latex gloves, electric tape, compact umbrella, etc. I think either a bag behind drivers seat (the seat is far enough back and close to the rear seats that you can not see it) 

or a small bag in boot that I can strap to the netting points on one side

The storage unit Alex suggested looks great but a bit too big for what I want, but some of the suggestions it throws up may be ok.

After a long hard internal argument I have decided to throw out my Atlas and water proof ( some of the pages of my Atlas had stuck together as it was last used on a holiday to St Ives in 1989😃

I see you admit to carrying latex gloves, electrical tape, torch but no mention of jemmy and balaclava 🤔🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Winston said:

I have thrown mine out but I am getting strangely nostalgic for it

even though I never use it I have the urge to buy another 

Time will see if I succumb 

I think in an age where very little is physical, something tangible does have its merits. I fear however my view is a generational thing, but when/if technology lets you down it's good to have a plan B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

I think in an age where very little is physical, something tangible does have its merits. I fear however my view is a generational thing, but when/if technology lets you down it's good to have a plan B.

Totally agree Brian. In this "virtual" world the only thing virtually certain is they are all after your money by making you pay over and over for the same thing,by this money making machine called subscriptions. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian R said:

it's good to have a plan B.

I even hunt out old and ancient ..  but very inexpensive .........old atlases and driving maps .  they are sometimes interesting  .  my nephew has even covered his study ceiling in local ( old ) roadmaps .  jus out of interest whiling away the hours I s'pose 

Malc

3 hours ago, Malc said:

I even hunt out old and ancient ..  but very inexpensive .........old atlases and driving maps .  they are sometimes interesting  .  my nephew has even covered his study ceiling in local ( old ) roadmaps .  jus out of interest whiling away the hours I s'pose 

Malc

Great idea, a decorator chap in my local told me £70 is nothing these days for a roll of wallpaper 😱😱😱

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I see you admit to carrying latex gloves, electrical tape, torch but no mention of jemmy and balaclava 🤔🤣🤣🤣

You forgot the handcuffs and blindfold 

5 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

You have to be careful having old maps around 

a group of us went mountain biking near bike park wales recently 

and one of are group loves to be the path finder with his ordinance survey maps. He told us that if we cycled down this road to the next lake there we excellent trails all around the area. After one and a half hours of trying to ride through almost rainforest type conditions over thick thorny ground

more walking than cycling. We eventually got back to bike park Wales

after 7 punctures between us.

and re-examine his map and with a bit of help from the locals we found out that a reservoir lake had been build back in the 1980s ( if I recall right) in between there and the now second lake down the road

his OS map well he purchased that in 1974 

1 hour ago, Winston said:

his OS map well he purchased that in 1974 

does one have such cycle paths on Gooigle maps these days ?

Malc

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

does one have such cycle paths on Gooigle maps these days ?

Malc

Probably Malc, but he was born in 1951 and thinks Google is what you do when a pretty girl walks by.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links