Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 UX

16 hours ago, Willsth said:

Have you ordered the UX250h in the UK ??

I ordered mine 1st April, still awaiting update on build/delivery.

Its been ordered through the Toyota/Lexus Employee scheme, so I don't have a dealer to chase !!

I was told delivery in October.

I believe there is one shipment per month from Japan to Portbury, Bristol.

So I'll wait and see

13 hours ago, ALAW said:

I was told Demo's available to dealers Sept. Then when i said good i will have a look at one in Sept when i come in for service. The rep checked and said different it would be November and goes into production January.

Seems odd if demo cars will be available in Sept or Nov while production doesn't start until January. I've done some design and production work in the car industry but that was many years ago so things might now be different. Back then prototypes for development, testing and early promotional activities were produced using low volume production techniques which were very expensive relative to the series production techniques used for volume manufacture. Once the design and volume production techniques were approved the model would enter series production and then only minor changes to account for component shortages or fault fixing would be allowed. I guess Lexus has a few hundred dealers around the world and that each dealer would need at least one MY2023 UX demonstrator and one showroom model. This would imply a production run of >1,000 which I would have thought would be much more than would normally be made by prototype manufacturing facilities.

Admittedly the MY2023 is "just" a facelift. But the new screen, dashboard change from touch pad to touchscreen and repositioning of the heated seat switches would amount to quite a significant change to the visible parts and to the wiring harnesses, connectors, etc. 

10 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Seems odd if demo cars will be available in Sept or Nov while production doesn't start until January. I've done some design and production work in the car industry but that was many years ago so things might now be different. Back then prototypes for development, testing and early promotional activities were produced using low volume production techniques which were very expensive relative to the series production techniques used for volume manufacture. Once the design and volume production techniques were approved the model would enter series production and then only minor changes to account for component shortages or fault fixing would be allowed. I guess Lexus has a few hundred dealers around the world and that each dealer would need at least one MY2023 UX demonstrator and one showroom model. This would imply a production run of >1,000 which I would have thought would be much more than would normally be made by prototype manufacturing facilities.

Admittedly the MY2023 is "just" a facelift. But the new screen, dashboard change from touch pad to touchscreen and repositioning of the heated seat switches would amount to quite a significant change to the visible parts and to the wiring harnesses, connectors, etc. 

Yup I thought odd as well. I think who I spoke with was fairly new to the dealers. We will wait and see how it develops and what posts we get back.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, Willsth said:

Have you ordered the UX250h in the UK ??

I ordered mine 1st April, still awaiting update on build/delivery.

Its been ordered through the Toyota/Lexus Employee scheme, so I don't have a dealer to chase !!

Nope, Spain. Back in May, I should have it by next week. Ordered at a local dealer, maybe because you went thru the employee route you don't get prioritized. (I work for Merc and happens the same, customers over employees for some reason)

On 9/14/2022 at 11:15 PM, jacme said:

Nope, Spain. Back in May, I should have it by next week. Ordered at a local dealer, maybe because you went thru the employee route you don't get prioritized. (I work for Merc and happens the same, customers over employees for some reason)

And it's here, delivery in 2 days.

12 hours ago, jacme said:

And it's here, delivery in 2 days.

Congratulations, you'll be among the first to get a MY2023 UX. Will be really interesting to hear what you think of the touch screen and whether the changes to the body rigidity, new Bridgestone runflats and suspension tweaks make any noticeable improvement to the ride quality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, jacme said:

Mine is at the dealership now, I have seen a video and I collect tomorrow.  UK based, it is a UX250h premium plus pack in celestial blue.  Can't wait to get it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LisaHP said:

Mine is at the dealership now, I have seen a video and I collect tomorrow.  UK based, it is a UX250h premium plus pack in celestial blue.  Can't wait to get it.

Enjoy it. The car in person loooks so much better.

3 hours ago, LisaHP said:

What date did you order LisaHP

Hi New member, longtime watcher here.

I ordered my 250H in February, collected it today. much to my surprise I have got the 2023 spec, touchscreen and colour coded wheel arches.

Needless to say I am over the moon with it.

• Like 2

Took the UX in for its 2nd service today. As I previously posted I was told the new MY2023 wouldn't be in the dealers until November. Well I got there today and low and behold they had one in the showroom and a demonstrator. Still told not going into production until January. They were taking orders with a deposit that would be given back if when car arrives in another 10 months to a year you didn't want it. On the 3rd or 4th Oct the prices are going up 3%, so if you ordered before you would get the current price and that would be honored at delivery. 

So i had a sit in the new UX MY2023. Like we know the infotainment has changed moving to touch screen from the touchpad. I noticed all the volume media controls from the end of the Centre armrest had vanished and there was a volume  knob on the touchscreen. It also had the Dunlop run flats on. This was a F sport design.

12 minutes ago, ALAW said:

So i had a sit in the new UX MY2023. Like we know the infotainment has changed moving to touch screen from the touchpad. I noticed all the volume media controls from the end of the Centre armrest had vanished and there was a volume  knob on the touchscreen. It also had the Dunlop run flats on. This was a F sport design.

Mine came with the Dunlop run flat and are very quiet, albeit on a UX MY2022

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

Mine came with the Dunlop run flat and are very quiet, albeit on a UX MY2022

Yes Nick this is what i was LED to believe 2yrs ago. All the talk of the MY2023 has been about the new quieter Bridgestones so was suprised to see the Dunlops on it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LisaHP said:

Hello Lisa, fancy posting a few pictures? I have the same model and similar spec arriving sometime in November so would like to see it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a test drive in a MY2023 UX250h yesterday. Previously I was concerned that the ride wouldn't suit my aging back and hips. My impression was that the ride of the MY2023 is slightly more comfortable and so I placed an order for a Takumi with an expected delivery date of 30/9/23.

The ride quality might have been improved by the extra spot welds increasing body stiffness, suspension tweaks or the revised Bridgestone runflats which are now Alenza 001s whereas previously I think the UX was fitted with Bridgestone Turanza T005A runflats. However, because it's some months since I last drove an MY2022, I could be completely wrong in thinking the ride quality is any different and also comfort is a very personal and subjective assessment.

The touch screen multimedia interface is, of course, the most obvious MY2023 change. The screen is very noticeably much larger and I think an improvement on the touchpad system. I didn't spend anytime investigating the software as by the time my car arrives it will probably have been updated!

I've ordered mine in the new Sonic Platinum colour. Haven't seen this on any Lexus, so I'm hoping it'll look OK. My last three cars have been silver which is a boring choice but I've found it to be best for not showing scratches or dirt which is now more a concern as I've less interest or enthusiasm for cleaning cars 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Had a test drive in a MY2023 UX250h yesterday. Previously I was concerned that the ride wouldn't suit my aging back and hips. My impression was that the ride of the MY2023 is slightly more comfortable and so I placed an order for a Takumi with an expected delivery date of 30/9/23.

The ride quality might have been improved by the extra spot welds increasing body stiffness, suspension tweaks or the revised Bridgestone runflats which are now Alenza 001s whereas previously I think the UX was fitted with Bridgestone Turanza T005A runflats. However, because it's some months since I last drove an MY2022, I could be completely wrong in thinking the ride quality is any different and also comfort is a very personal and subjective assessment.

The touch screen multimedia interface is, of course, the most obvious MY2023 change. The screen is very noticeably much larger and I think an improvement on the touchpad system. I didn't spend anytime investigating the software as by the time my car arrives it will probably have been updated!

I've ordered mine in the new Sonic Platinum colour. Haven't seen this on any Lexus, so I'm hoping it'll look OK. My last three cars have been silver which is a boring choice but I've found it to be best for not showing scratches or dirt which is now more a concern as I've less interest or enthusiasm for cleaning cars 😊

I got sonic grey, but there was a sonic platinum on the forecourt and I though it looked lovely with the beige interior they had.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Nigel,

Odd cannot be unique.

Unique cannot be odd.

Unique is unique.

Sorry, young man.

It's nick john 😆 I have got to like the colour despite it was not my choice. I get a lot of positive comments as it's very rare to see another on the roads 

2 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

It's nick john 😆 I have got to like the colour despite it was not my choice. I get a lot of positive comments as it's very rare to see another on the roads 

Sorry Nick, I was getting confused after several people tried to talk me out of entering for the Tory leadership race (🤣)

I agree with you. It is a lovely colour and it is currently rare.

If it was unique there would only be one of them in the Universe.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry Nick, I was getting confused after several people tried to talk me out of entering for the Tory leadership race (🤣)

I agree with you. It is a lovely colour and it is currently rare.

If it was unique there would only be one of them in the Universe.

Indeed, john 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First 2023MY review I've seen which includes a short road test and the guy emphasises the improved comfort resulting from the MY2023 suspension changes. Also mentioned is the improved NVH of the new Bridgestone runflats. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links