Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 RX450h Driver's seat

dgw1

Just moved from a 2010 RX450h L to a 2018 450h Premier.  In the 2010, the steering wheel moved away and the seat moved back when powering off - top allow easy exit and re-entrance.  In this 2018, the steering wheel moves away but the seat doesn't move at all.  Is this a fault or a downgrade ?

Also any tips on how to set the radio presets would be great because has defeated me so far.

Many thanks !  It is a great improvement on the 2010 with its air suspension and only done 3600 miles .... !

My 2020 RX (Premium with Tech and Safety packs) moves both the seat and the steering wheel either when the start button is pushed or if the seatbelt is fastened prior to the start button being pushed.

I assumed it was standard - perhaps @Herbiecan advise as I think his RX is of the 2018 or 2019 vintage. 

1 hour ago, dgw1 said:

Is this a fault or a downgrade ?

It's in the set up somewhere as I recall as I disabled it on my 4th Gen, the only caveat is if the seat is already set to it's maximum reach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgw1 said:

Just moved from a 2010 RX450h L to a 2018 450h Premier.  In the 2010, the steering wheel moved away and the seat moved back when powering off - top allow easy exit and re-entrance.  In this 2018, the steering wheel moves away but the seat doesn't move at all.  Is this a fault or a downgrade ?

Also any tips on how to set the radio presets would be great because has defeated me so far.

Many thanks !  It is a great improvement on the 2010 with its air suspension and only done 3600 miles .... !

Sorry, just dashing out so just a very hurried reply.

Yes, my 2018 RX does have the facility and it works fine. Steering wheel retracts and/or moves up and the seat moves back etc. Best thing I can suggest for now is to just have a look in the manual as I'm sure the instructions will be in there somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to concur with what the other have said. I think it's called seat easy exist assist or something and it can be set to off, partial or full retract. Yours must be set to off. Have a look in the infotainment menus. I can't remember exactly where it is but it is there!

Paul 

• Like 1

Echoing with what has been said above. I have this feature on my RX too, but because my seat is set quite far back, the seat doesn't slide back when turning the power off. However, the steering wheel does retract. This is an excerpt from the manual:

image.thumb.png.bbed6e341973fbdf0ea003cd842eda87.png

13 hours ago, dgw1 said:

Time you read the Handbook old pal !

• Haha 2

Thank you very much Mikey - excellent information.  I am waiting to receive the full Owners Manual and the Navigation Manual.   Only have the smaller User Guide presently which does not have the same detailed information.  

When I get the full manuals,  I am sure I will read the all about 1000 pages as royaloftherovers so kindly gives as his helpful answer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dgw1 said:

Thank you very much Mikey - excellent information.  I am waiting to receive the full Owners Manual and the Navigation Manual.   Only have the smaller User Guide presently which does not have the same detailed information.  

When I get the full manuals,  I am sure I will read the all about 1000 pages as royaloftherovers so kindly gives as his helpful answer.

Manuals are available in electronic format, which has the benefit of being easily searchable:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

• Like 1

Thank you Colin !  Can you believe that  neither Lexus Head Office nor the Lexus Main Dealer where I bought the car could give me that website link !!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links