Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crossclimate tyres for the RX

Does anyone know if Michelin actually makes the crossclimate or crossclimate 2 for the RX ( size 235/55/r20) ?

I can't seem to find a set in the UK anywhere. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

Does anyone know if Michelin actually makes the crossclimate or crossclimate 2 for the RX ( size 235/55/r20) ?

Michelin, will give the only definitive answer Sybaris.

• Like 1

I hope so.  I can't see why they don't make them for the RX.  There is a huge market for them, the RX is the US's best selling SUV.  Not so much here in the UK but I am sure there are plenty of people who would want them.

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

I hope so.  I can't see why they don't make them for the RX.

There is a very limited choice in this size full stop, but having used Cross Climates on my previous vehicle I agree would be great if they are in the pipeline.

• Like 2

Fitted a set of 235/55 R19 to my 450h last year, great tyres with no complaints here.... well yes I have one complaint, we had no snow last winter so I couldn't try them out in the slippy stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bat21 said:

Fitted a set of 235/55 R19 to my 450h last year, great tyres with no complaints here.... well yes I have one complaint, we had no snow last winter so I couldn't try them out in the slippy stuff.

Do you find them quieter than what you had fitted before ?

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, Sybaris said:

I see that the Michelin tyre selector only comes up with Pilot Sport at that size.  As John suggested, a call to Michelin might be the answer.

My IS250 uses different sizes on each axle, of which Michelin only made one!  Otherwise there would have been four CrossClimates on by now.

• Like 3

Not much choice for these wheels.  Probably stick with Bridgestone Duellers for summers and maybe Yokohana for winter

Or ?

Cut your losses and fit a set of 19 rims.

• Like 1

Changing the rim size will affect the calibration of some of the safety systems, anything that measures, will cost £550 per wheel for a lexus rim and lexus insurance won't cover any car with any kind of performance or cosmetic modification.

5 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Another option is to fit 255/50 tyres which I believe should fit, much wider choice.

I wondered about this myself, and if the tyre would rub on any steering/suspension components?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WipeOut said:

I wondered about this myself, and if the tyre would rub on any steering/suspension components?

I suspect the extra 20mm would be ok, but can't say for sure and also whether insurance companies would deem this to be a modification.

19 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

I suspect the extra 20mm would be ok, but can't say for sure and also whether insurance companies would deem this to be a modification.

It will be a modification according to the insurance company as it deviates from the standard manufacturer specification.

• Like 1

Tempted to put GEOLANDAR CV G058 on for the summer and get a proper set of winters for the winter as I am not sure these perform as well on the snow as anticipated but they look good for wet and dry grip.

My previous winters were really bouncy when temperatures went over about 11 degrees.  They were Hankooks and were fantastic in the snow.  Maybe get a set of them for the summer but some people say they feel disconnected and there is some lateral something or other, which I have no idea what that means.

• Haha 1

Tempted to put GEOLANDAR CV G058 on for the summer and get a proper set of winters for the winter as I am not sure these perform as well on the snow as anticipated but they look good for wet and dry grip.

I’ve only had them a couple of months (so summer use) and so far I am happy with them with no real compromise over a summer.  No winter testing yet. Having on previous cars run two sets of alloys one with summer and winter, I expect that the winter performance won’t be as good as dedicated tyre. 

• Like 1

Do you find the summers are bouncy on the motorway?  I once took my Hankook winters on the motorway in 15 degrees heat and at 70 the thing was bouncing every second.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links