Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remember that old joke about putting fuel in and "doubling the value of your car" ?

Well...   It certainly feels like it 🙄 🤣 It was actually cheaper to have both bumpers sprayed last week 😳 (just a quick blow over nothing major)

Fuel.jpg

• Like 1

If you run it low and fill (80 litres) with Super (£2.03 per litre) you could be spending up to £160. :surprise:
I'm just glad I don't commute 120 miles per day any more.

• Like 1

Our local garage is currently £1.87 per litre so for once (for some odd reason) we are lower than average after decades of always paying more than anywhere else "due to the distance the tanker has to travel" 🙄 I'm also lucky as I dont do a lot of miles and have use of my brothers car for most long journeys) so the 430 is staying put 😁 

• Like 2

I actually almost ran out of petrol and felt it start to chug before I reached the garage. I've never let it run that low before and I must admit the seat of my trousers started to quiver. 85 litres went in!

£189.9/ litre = £161.41 😬

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lex - eleven said:

I actually almost ran out of petrol and felt it start to chug before I reached the garage. I've never let it run that low before and I must admit the seat of my trousers started to quiver. 85 litres went in!

£189.9/ litre = £161.41 😬

The manual says 84 litres, but they always under-state the fuel tank size, so 85 litres doesn't surprise me.
When I last filled up it cost me £135 (Super) but I hadn't even hit reserve yet (I think it had 64 miles range on the dash).

give up worrying about it ........  it's a wonderful car and a joy to drive and beats most other cars on the road in absolutely all respects .... well my Ls400 is anyway

you know you can afford it, even tho' it's beginning to seem like a " little luxury " .....  and it's an absolute bug--ger to empty the bank account ...  hahahahaha, if ever ........ 

Jeez, who'd prefer to drive an " ordinary " car eh !  whatever the apparent and real actual petrol cost 

The cost will come down I'm sure ...... Brent Crude today  $103.80  ( earlier in the week it was $110 ) .... petrol could be about £1.50 a litre at that price .............. those sod--ding supermarkets are just taking the peeeeee  ... as I've said somewhere else on here I'm now only buying my groceries at Aldi / Lidl as I KNOW they aren't ripping me off with excessive petrol profiteering ...  as they very sensibly don't sell fuel !

Malc

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Malc said:

give up worrying about it ........  it's a wonderful car and a joy to drive and beats most other cars on the road in absolutely all respects

Could not agree more.

Yesterday had to do a 200 mile round trip, put £100 of expensive liquid in the tank, drove at around 50 to 55mph, no hurry, and got around 41mpg on the main highway.  For sure dropped off on the side roads.

So still cheaper than using the train, nicer than using the train, and at that speed the LS400 is quieter than the complaints desk at Waitrose.

( was a passenger in an Audi TT and a Merc SL500 and CL 500 recently -  nowhere near as enjoyable as a LS400 )

19 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

and got around 41mpg on the main highway.

Oh my, I'm so impressed .......  miss lightfoot for me these next weeks then .............  never thought that mpg could be at all possible .....  well done

Malc

weird today .....  filled up E10 .....the Honda Legend on the " Pay at Pump " and popped in £99 ....... at Asda .  max allowed at the pump on my Lloyds debit card ......... and then started again ....... to continue filling and blow me down the pump refused to accept my card ...  i had maxd it's use it said 😵  ....  so I pop in another card to contuinue filling-up and it's taken another £27 odd .....,

Very inconvenient scrabbling around for another card ..... especially as the first alternate card wouldn't work at all !!!

NOW, a few days, last week .....  i refilled the Lexus Ls400 and using the E5 pump at Morrisons, again the "Pay at Pump"  ( the only E5 pump ) .....  I put in the usual £100 max, replaced the hose in the holder and started again.. and it was absolutely fine ....  took another £37 ? odd on that same Lloyds Bank debit card 

So is it Asda don't like me or the Honda Legend  :unsure:  and  

Morrisons like me and the Lexus ?? :yes:

OR  has Lloyds Bank suddenly changed the rules of the game with car owners and needing to remove more of their dosh from their accounts  !

Weird as I say .  so there we are ........... 2 x  cars and £250 down in a week just on sod--ding petrol :yahoo:

Malc

I find that whole £99 limit laughable. My LS took over £100 on several occasions even before the current price hikes.
My S320CDI took over £100 regularly back in the mid 2010s, but it did give nearly 1000 mile range on a tank of stinky-diesel.
As a consequence I got out of the habit of using "pay at pump".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

I got out of the habit of using "pay at pump".

I shall in future buying E10 at Asda for the Honda Legend for sure  ........ cheapest E10 around ( 187.9p ) and only when we're passing ...  jeez it's HER car indoors and it's ME buying the petrol :whistling:

BUT  the only E5 available is at Morrisons on the " Pay at Pump " one  ........... 

NOW what i find unforgiveable at Molrrisons is the local'ish store with E5 is some 5 miles away next to Asda  BUT the Morrisons local local store, about a mile away, their petrol is 4p a litre more expensive than their store next to the Asda  ..........  and the cartel operates in that price is the same as my local local Tescos too ....  E10 at 193.9p

No supermarkets are looking after us, their customers right now with helpful ( to us ) fuel costs 

Malc

There is a further inquiry under way by the competitions regulater as to how the price of petrol as a distinct variance in price dependant on location I welcome this but unfortuantely nothing seems to come of these probes they are not delving deep enough in my view .

In the USA the term gouging is used when prices increase for extraneous events and the local authority who dish out the licences too gas stations do a immediate inquiry into any retailer who sells gas above the median price . 

If any are found guilty of gouging they are closed down and their licence revoked on the spot,I think we need to make stricter rules in this country as to the frequency of these rises and falls the latter being the less frequent.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, egolex said:

lpg 95 cent per litre.

06 ls 430.

approx €65.

420 + kms

boo..... hiss ..... the shamrock and leprecheauns are on your side for sure  ..  guess you're still on the original set of tyres too   :whistling:

:yahoo:

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

wot's that  ?

Malc

I think it alludes to Only Fools and Horses, where the first brush Trigger bought was the original, even though it had the handle changed as well as the broom many a time, so a fully replaced original

16 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Impressive!

nah, it's a big V8 lexus ....... only to be expected methinks :thumbsup:

with a caring owner

Malc

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links