Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

EH300h Premium cost

taxiboy

Hi All, just about to order an ES300h in sonic platinum, been offered £36,303 by dealer. Is that a good price? Delivery not until Feb next year though.

Thanks

i have just purchased today my new ES UX premium edition for £36'000 as the order that was on it was cancelled 

i think that price was reasonable with no wait time and hope to pick it up next week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxiboy said:

Hi All, just about to order an ES300h in sonic platinum, been offered £36,303 by dealer. Is that a good price? Delivery not until Feb next year though.

Thanks

The ES is around £40'000 now, so yes that's a great price 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So have been offered £36k cash and £34k on PCP (rounded down for simplicity). I was told it is possible to opt for the PCP, because ot comes with £2k lexus contribution. However, "The FDA cannot be settled within 14 days of payment and taking ownership of the vehicle, otherwise there is no penalty for settling the FDA." 

DOes this mean I can settle the PCP C. £32K Finance as soon as I take delivery without any penalty? The dealer is saying yes but I'm not 100% convinced as there seems to be a 50% rule. from carwow:

"If you wish to voluntarily terminate a Personal Contract Purchase (PCP), you’ll need to have paid at least 50% of the total finance amount."

Is the 34k without the 2k contribution...(should be shown on your quote) ,I have recently looked across several dealers  and the best price I have achieved was 32600 which included taking into account the contribution.

The voluntary termination at 50 percent is not the same as an early settlement.thats about being able to walk away from the contract and handing back the vehicle.

Early settlement would probably be able to achieved within 30 days so any interest would be minimal and would be very close to the balance of the amount borrowed (which would have taken into account the 2k contribution)

Essentially it would mean you had saved nearly 2k for just taking out the PCP.

• Like 1

It was a year ago and things may have changed. I paid 1 months payment and then phoned Toyota Finance. They couldn’t have been more helpful. Written quote appeared in a day or so and I think I paid the balance  over the phone.

Only annoying thing is the £2K contribution. If the list price was reduced by this amount it would have dropped below the £40K barrier.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Is the 34k without the 2k contribution...(should be shown on your quote) ,I have recently looked across several dealers  and the best price I have achieved was 32600 which included taking into account the contribution.

The voluntary termination at 50 percent is not the same as an early settlement.thats about being able to walk away from the contract and handing back the vehicle.

Early settlement would probably be able to achieved within 30 days so any interest would be minimal and would be very close to the balance of the amount borrowed (which would have taken into account the 2k contribution)

Essentially it would mean you had saved nearly 2k for just taking out the PCP.

£34k is with the £2k contribution from lexus. £32,600 is very good, 

2 hours ago, DTR said:

It was a year ago and things may have changed. I paid 1 months payment and then phoned Toyota Finance. They couldn’t have been more helpful. Written quote appeared in a day or so and I think I paid the balance  over the phone.

Only annoying thing is the £2K contribution. If the list price was reduced by this amount it would have dropped below the £40K barrier.

Are you referring to the road tax surcharge? i do have an e-mail from the dealer confirming the the price/car does not currently incur the government surcharge. Premium with sonic platinum

For VED I believe it is always based on the list price despite being able to achieve a better price than the list.

The only model that would qualify for the lower VED is the premium edition.

The FSPORT is currently pulled from the Lexus car configurator and was over the 40k limit when last available so if it returns will be way over the 40k list price.

Takumi is way over the 50k mark

13 hours ago, taxiboy said:

So have been offered £36k cash and £34k on PCP (rounded down for simplicity). I was told it is possible to opt for the PCP, because ot comes with £2k lexus contribution. However, "The FDA cannot be settled within 14 days of payment and taking ownership of the vehicle, otherwise there is no penalty for settling the FDA." 

DOes this mean I can settle the PCP C. £32K Finance as soon as I take delivery without any penalty? The dealer is saying yes but I'm not 100% convinced as there seems to be a 50% rule. from carwow:

"If you wish to voluntarily terminate a Personal Contract Purchase (PCP), you’ll need to have paid at least 50% of the total finance amount."

Think you can terminate the agreement and settle after 14 days have elapsed since taking delivery. I previously settled with Toyota finance after making one monthly payment but this was back in 2018. Toyota finance were very easy to deal with.

23 hours ago, taxiboy said:

Voluntarily termination is if you want to hand the car back and get out of the finance contract - here you need to have paid at least 50% because until then you won't have cleared the depreciation that occurs the most in the first months/years of the contract.

Early settlement is if you want to purchase early - the finance company has to offer this and cannot charge you interest that would have been payable had you kept the contact running - so yes you can terminate after a short time. If you cancel after 14 days you will probably pay less than £100 in interest, so you get a saving of £1900+ with that contribution.

You can cancel within 14 days but technically I think a manufacturer could try and claim the contribution back - but I don't believe that has ever happened.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Voluntarily termination is if you want to hand the car back and get out of the finance contract - here you need to have paid at least 50% because until then you won't have cleared the depreciation that occurs the most in the first months/years of the contract.

Early settlement is if you want to purchase early - the finance company has to offer this and cannot charge you interest that would have been payable had you kept the contact running - so yes you can terminate after a short time. If you cancel after 14 days you will probably pay less than £100 in interest, so you get a saving of £1900+ with that contribution.

You can cancel within 14 days but technically I think a manufacturer could try and claim the contribution back - but I don't believe that has ever happened.

thank, just annoying that dealers don't present all the options/discounts from the outset.

I think VED road tax liability is based on list price at time of delivery, not of ordering, so in a few months prices will have gone up and car will be liable for £355 per annum tax, and cost more.

When I needed UX of certain spec, colour and interior, I rang up loads of dealers. One had a new one in the showroom and I obtained car for car wow price. The car was not on the central Lexus database so I could not have found it otherwise. you could try the same to find a cancelled order, you may save and get car quickly by ringing round?

On 8/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, bigglesfllesundone said:

I think VED road tax liability is based on list price at time of delivery, not of ordering, so in a few months prices will have gone up and car will be liable for £355 per annum tax, and cost more.

When I needed UX of certain spec, colour and interior, I rang up loads of dealers. One had a new one in the showroom and I obtained car for car wow price. The car was not on the central Lexus database so I could not have found it otherwise. you could try the same to find a cancelled order, you may save and get car quickly by ringing round?

In the event that the Premium Edition rises above the 40k mark, does the vehicle duty not rise to £500 pa? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links