Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seems to have lived a hard life with a misting shock absorber at 4 years old and advisories at nearly every MOT since.

I would assume most of the defects were sorted particularly the fuel filler pipe.

Plus side is reasonable mileage and nothing a good valet wouldn’t sort.

You could take full advantage of the “unlimited test drive” and decide after a year or two if you want it 😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

You could take full advantage of the “unlimited test drive” and decide after a year or two if you want it 😀

Agree.

I wonder what the final price will be?

Seller feedback would make me cautious.

The pictures come from when it was sold by BCA (British car auctions) you see the same back drop with all their cars, so 1, The dealer is too lazy to take his own pictures and 2, if it's been sold through the trade via BCA then it is not a nice car, if it was it would have been bought direct from where it came by the 101 dealers who are after nice cars to sell...

Personally I'd find another, it's on an eBay "no reserve" auction for a reason, dealers with confidence in their stock sell cars with an asking price...

Just my 2p...

• Like 2

+1 above.

I would ask yourself what's your motivation for buying it?

( Did you have an RX300 previously which you sold or do you still have it? )

Sometimes better the devil you know...?

19 hours ago, Haylands said:

BCA (British car auctions)  2, if it's been sold through the trade via BCA then it is not a nice car, if it was it would have been bought direct from where it came by the 101 dealers who are after nice cars to sell...

This has jogged my memory. I'd had my 2005 SEL for 14 years and LOVED her. I bought a 4RX Premier from Lexus Milton Keynes which I soon regretted. After just over a year I got shot and bought my current Takumi at Cheltenham. I seem to remember that Milton Keynes got the car from BCA . They said all Lexus head office cars go through BCA. All I know is that I couldn't keep the car and was glad to see the back of it. I wonder if it's true that Lexus HO use BCA.

• Like 1

BCA do have decent late model cars, older ones like this 350 tend to be the poor condition tatty cars that cost too much to correct for retail so they get sent to auction...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 7/15/2022 at 11:14 AM, Haylands said:

if it's been sold through the trade via BCA then it is not a nice car, if it was it would have been bought direct from where it came by the 101 dealers who are after nice cars to sell...

I don't think that's necessarily true, typically if you trade in an older car most franchised dealers won't have it on their forecourt simply due to age even though the vehicle may be in immaculate condition, hence such cars end up at auction.

49 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

I don't think that's necessarily true, typically if you trade in an older car most franchised dealers won't have it on their forecourt simply due to age even though the vehicle may be in immaculate condition, hence such cars end up at auction.

BCA own WBAC, all the poor quality tatty cars that they can't retail go to BCA for disposal.... I'm not saying they are all in poor condition but in my experience, and the cars I have seen go over the block, bear this out. I personally wouldn't buy a car from them unseen, the pictures are poor quality and the description never mentions ANY blemishes or faults.... Basically there are better places to buy cars unless you just want the cheapest thing you can get... !

They say they post high definition photos of the car for sale - they don't say when those photos were taken, or digitally altered. The car in the Image looks brand new, I doubt it is an accurate reflection of how the car looks now. I heard that if you use nr sheen, it even wd40, an old and ropey looking car will look lovely long enough to hoodwink someone. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links