Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nextbase Front and Rear Fully fitted for only £299 Normal RRP price of £395

13 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

Nextbase Front and Rear Fully fitted  for only £299 Normal RRP price of £395.

Would this be it, Philip?

If so, then a very good price to include fitting.  And a great way to protect your new investment.

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-nextbase-1080p-front-and-rear-integrated-dash-cam/

Just one thought:  if this is the model fitted then I note that according to the specs. it comes with either a 16MB or a 32MB SD Card.

My advice would be to buy the biggest capacity card the system will accept and use that, keeping the original as a spare.  Should you be involved in an incident - and able to do so - then you can swap the cards over and thus keep the evidence secure.

Also these cards should be reformatted on a monthly basis to avoid copying errors creeping in.  It can be done in the camera, I believe, but if you remove the card to view it on a PC then you can pop your spare in so that the system is always functional.

All the best with your new Lexus.

• Like 1

Yes LenT that’s the one and yes excellent advice  the Scandisk 128gb fast read write is good at £20 compared to Nextbase 128gb at £70 if you formate the card via pc untick fast format  options it then takes 10/15 minutes but as you say it can be formatted in the dash/cam 

• Like 1

Be aware.  I had a front and rear Nextbase dash cam fitted by dealer on a 21 plate ES.  I had read, previously about problems with interfering with the DAB radio reception, and it did! Many station’s had no signal.  In the end the dealer removed it.  My dealer, now will not fit the REAR camera.  As this is where the problem is. 
Front camera fitted to my 22 ES.  No problem.

14 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

Be aware.  I had a front and rear Nextbase dash cam fitted by dealer on a 21 plate ES.  I had read, previously about problems with interfering with the DAB radio reception, and it did! Many station’s had no signal.  In the end the dealer removed it.  My dealer, now will not fit the REAR camera.  As this is where the problem is. 

I wonder if this may be connected to the presence of the aerial in the rear screen?  My car suddenly developed a reception problem and it was traced to a break in the rear screen wiring, which was cured by replacing the screen.  So it maybe the result of fitting the rear camera, not the fault of the rear camera.

22 minutes ago, LenT said:

I wonder if this may be connected to the presence of the aerial in the rear screen?  My car suddenly developed a reception problem and it was traced to a break in the rear screen wiring, which was cured by replacing the screen.  So it maybe the result of fitting the rear camera, not the fault of the rear camera.

The position of the camera and aerial seems to be a problem, also the cable screening?  Maybe Nextbase have now modified the system.

51 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

I had read, previously about problems with interfering with the DAB radio reception, and it did! Many station’s had no signal.  In the end the dealer removed it.  My dealer, now will not fit the REAR camera.

33 minutes ago, LenT said:

I wonder if this may be connected to the presence of the aerial in the rear screen?

It's more likely to do with proximity to each other. If the aerial cable runs down the right side then the camera cable should run down the left side and everything will be alright. If that's not practical quite a few people have had great success with placing a ferrite bead on the camera lead.

One thing for certain - refusing to fit the rear camera is neither a fix for the problem nor good working practice/customer service. All it would do for me is to make me lose confidence in that dealership.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Herbie said:

It's more likely to do with proximity to each other. If the aerial cable runs down the right side then the camera cable should run down the left side and everything will be alright. If that's not practical quite a few people have had great success with placing a ferrite bead on the camera lead.

One thing for certain - refusing to fit the rear camera is neither a fix for the problem nor good working practice/customer service. All it would do for me is to make me lose confidence in that dealership.

Agreed.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, Herbie said:

Unarguably right!

Enough rear cameras have been installed to prove it can be done.  And a Dealer should have access to the kind of technical expertise that will cover even the more unusual causes of installation problems.

But, presuming it is a Lexus Dealer, it’s not just customers who should be reassessing this Dealer, but Lexus too.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, cdmaskell said:

My dealer, now will not fit the REAR camera. 

When placing my NX order with Lexus Hedge End earlier this year, I asked about a dual camera setup and was told very clearly they will not offer a rear camera.  I will check again to see if their position has changed and what the reason is for not offering a rear camera.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, cdmaskell said:

When I was enquiring to have the system fitted to my RX around 18 months ago I asked this question and was told they alway fit a ferrous ring to the rear wiring.

Have had no problems with interference on the DAB radio in that 18 months.

Why isn’t this technical information shared and distributed to all Lexus Dealerships?  I, until recently was a workshop manager with the MOD .  When a problem was identified on a vehicle .  Rectifications ,instructions, and modifications were sent to us and then put in to place. 
I feel that a lot of technical savvy has been lost at Lexus.  Along with many other trades.  Maybe, this rant of common sense is my advancing age. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I went back to my local dealer and asked why they would not offer a rear camera installation.  They stated that this is due to 'DAB Interference and operation' and till they receive guidance back from Lexus they are reluctant to offer it.  As a closing statement they did indicate that they would proceed if I insisted but the language used by them tells me that there would be a lot of exclusions and caveats made relating to the warranty and operation of other devices such as DAB radios.

• Like 1

I hope this is not with all, I just ordered mine with front and rear camera.  Though to be fair I still use FM radio, I always found that sounded better than DAB, then again I generally only listen to one station these days.

I recently fitted Viofo 4k front and rear camera system to my RC300h and haven't suffered any interference on DAB.The rear camera is fitted slightly lower than I would have liked,to avoid the adhesive pad damaging the top few lines of the heating elements which double up as the DAB aerial.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links