Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Secrets of the RX

The technology behind the hybrid system just blew me away. Newer models are even better, I am LED to believe.

Apparently there is a secret switch that disables the hybrid Battery when the car is being service! 

Anyone know about this? Or is it just "Dung from the male cow" ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

What secrets have you found with your RX that pleasantly surprised you that you had no idea about until you stumbled across it?

Ooh, now you've done it. You've no doubt awakened the wrath of @royoftherovers

As he will most likely say, "If you read the manual there are no secrets." :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Apparently there is a secret switch that disables the hybrid battery when the car is being service! 

That is the least secret secret I know! 

It's under a flap of carpet under the rear passenger seat and is called the Service Plug Grip.

• Like 1

I believe that there are numerous sharp metal prongs embedded in the seat of the drivers seat, which automatically rise and retract through the vent holes, stabbing RX drivers who ask too many questions in the @rse. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How bout the illuminated door interior aluminium trim?

The adjustable depth cup holder? (Only the one closest to the dash)?

The lift out caddy in the armrest?

The very effective Climate Concierge and auto S-Flow function?

• Like 2

Its like getting a surpise present everytime I discover something.  Now where is that fun if you read the handbook?

I've only driven about 50 miles in it.  Looking forward to seeing it lit up a night time.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

How bout the illuminated door interior aluminium trim?

Only on certain variants. My 2018 Luxury doesn't have them and at about £400 each side, it never will :laughing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

Its like getting a surpise present everytime I discover something.  Now where is that fun if you read the handbook?

I've only driven about 50 miles in it.  Looking forward to seeing it lit up a night time.

You're only playing at it.

I drove 150 miles on the day I got mine, plus I did something like a 20 mile round trip that night to go for a pint of milk because, like you, I wanted to see everything lit up.

How can you possibly contain yourself so much?

• Like 1

Have you tried pressing the panoramic camera switch when parked up, the overhead view seems to impress most people.

Also get rid of the power meter display and set that to permanently show rev counter mode, you can put the power meter in the head up display.

Inbuilt sunshades for the rear windows are a nice feature.

• Like 2

I've been pressing buttons and looking at settings all over the place.  Still trying to get the smart link to work just because I like everything working. 

I did play with the 360 camera and that is pretty cool.

30 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Why press a switch after you’ve parked up, just set the cameras up to come on automatically at parking speeds.

It gets annoying in slow traffic.  I had that pleasure on a demo.  Where do you set this anyway?

27 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Have you found the secret storage compartment yet?

Is that in the spare tyre?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links