Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 RX450H F Sport Tyre Pressures 235/55/20

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Does 2psi make that much difference?

Its 3 psi.

And yes it definitely does! Different car mind but the merc dealer was putting 39 PSI in my C-Class. I reduced it to manufacturer 36psi and it was much improved. I can feel a similiar difference in the RX - more so over potholed roads to be honest. At 33PSI it almost seems too spongy to me

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Does 2psi make that much difference?

not sure but my missus says 2 inches does

I have 2.5/2.6 bar in mine and its good on summer tyres.  Not tried with winters yet.  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sybaris said:

OK so I noticed today, from cold my tyre pressure has dropped from 2.5/2.6 to 2.3/2.4.  You think this is due to the colder weather?

Depends when you checked them. It should be done before the car moves off because rolling tyres cause expansion of the air inside due to friction heat, so you only get a true reading when the tyres are cold. This is why I can never understand petrol stations having air lines.

• Like 5

Relying on what the dash says re tyre pressures is an highly inaccurate way of measuring them. Only way is to use the old fashion method of checking pressures with a decent gauge, ideally before you move off in the morning, provided that the car is parked out of the sun.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 7:18 AM, NemesisUK said:

Only had my RX a couple of weeks but I will stick with the recommended pressures as shown on the driver's door pillar namely 2.3 bar all round 

The manual usually has instructions for normal driving, motorway driving with full load (higher pressure), and "eco" driving (even higher).

I think with the current fuel prices it is worth to stick to "eco" numbers which can be as high as 2.5 bar. The risks for suspension are not much higher than with usual setting, but you may find the fuel consumption go down 1-3mpg.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links