Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

pgn340r

excuse my ignorance but what is  PPF'd  ?

My bro-in-law some years back had a brand new Lexus, sleek and useless rear seat combo BUT in that red and black and it did look absolutely superb too

Well done

Malc

27 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

excuse my ignorance but what is  PPF'd  ?

Paint Protection Film.

Basically, it is a plastic sheet that is applied on top of the bodywork to protect the paint from damage e.g. stone chips, light scratches, etc...

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/car-wrapping-uk/paint-protection/

• Like 1

Oh great choice - just what I have on order but last I heard mine's not due to go into production until February :-(

Did you PPF the whole car or just selected bits?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Wow. I respect, each to their own, but that wing is…. A bit Halfords for me.

You need to see it in the flesh old chap 🙂

I was a little apprehensive when I ordered mine as there were none yet available to look at in person, but glad I saw it through as it follows the form of the car perfectly.

image.thumb.jpeg.53c8d14d52e7186ac4c8e95feb03adf7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.39be2f6a6ade77fc7e4bcbcb0a6a65c4.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

You need to see it in the flesh old chap 🙂

I was a little apprehensive when I ordered mine as there were none yet available to look at in person, but glad I saw it through as it follows the form of the car perfectly.

image.thumb.jpeg.53c8d14d52e7186ac4c8e95feb03adf7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.39be2f6a6ade77fc7e4bcbcb0a6a65c4.jpeg

Stoked for you and the fact you like it 👍. I’m just not a fan of static wings on any GT. I guess the world would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Stoked for you and the fact you like it 👍. I’m just not a fan of static wings on any GT. I guess the world would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

100% get you 🙂   (But this is the internet, it's almost law that we can't agree to respect one anothers opinions! 🤪   )

I should stop de-railing someone elses new car thread.... 

• Like 1

My understanding of rear spoilers is that at normal road speeds they have a negligible effect.  If car buyers like their aesthetic appeal then that’s simply an additional styling feature.  What I think might be slightly questionable is when manufacturers link, say, a wing into a complete package of other performance related elements which might actually be more effective.

In other words, as a general observation, maybe styling/performance packages should be more flexible and allow buyers to exclude specific items.

The Press Release detailing the development of the rear wing is very interesting, but it seems to me that the claims for any actual performance benefit are entirely subjective.  Although the article claims wind tunnel testing, it doesn’t present any data to support improvements in real world situations.

Incidentally, I was surprised that Lexus engineers found it noteworthy that the aircraft-derived wing worked better on a road car if it was inverted.  Surely the last thing you want over the rear wheels is something that creates lift!

One practical benefit I can see of rear wings is when mounted on the roof just before the rear screens.  I can understand that even at relatively low speeds, the change to the airflow would help to keep rain off the rear screen - useful as so many modern cars no longer have rear wipers.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=58706&key=348002eb9d4a1c51cf507cd78336acdb

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links