Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I never learn

Well just over two years ago I made the "mistake" of having a look around the showroom of Lexus Teesside while my 2011 RX was in for a service and MOT.

I saw a 2017 RX while there .. had a look .. ended up buying it.

After retiring at the end of June I thought I would consider when to change again and went to Lexus Teesside again today to enquire about when the list prices of the new models would be out.

Mentioned that the thought of the V6 being dropped was putting me off the 2023 ones.

Sat in their showroom was a brand new (unregistered) RX450h Premium Sport in Dark Blue with cream seats, HUD, Panoramic Sunroof ... looked gorgeous, especially in that colour.

It was tempting ... very tempting ... too tempting ... Yes.. I bought it .. picking it up on Tuesday .. they are going to remove the dashcams from the 2017 and install them in the new one on Tuesday.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Well just over two years ago I made the "mistake" of having a look around the showroom of Lexus Teesside while my 2011 RX was in for a service and MOT.

I saw a 2017 RX while there .. had a look .. ended up buying it.

After retiring at the end of June I thought I would consider when to change again and went to Lexus Teesside again today to enquire about when the list prices of the new models would be out.

Mentioned that the thought of the V6 being dropped was putting me off the 2023 ones.

Sat in their showroom was a brand new (unregistered) RX450h Premium Sport in Dark Blue with cream seats, HUD, Panoramic Sunroof ... looked gorgeous, especially in that colour.

It was tempting ... very tempting ... too tempting ... Yes.. I bought it .. picking it up on Tuesday .. they are going to remove the dashcams from the 2017 and install them in the new one on Tuesday.

Congratulations Keith.The demise of the V6 is imminent and it will indeed be a sad loss.

• Like 2

and why not, you enjoy one of the best SUV's money can buy.

When you stop smiling enough to take some photos please let us see the beast.

Sadly I'm not a fan of SUV's and Lexus offer little else lately so am migrating to Toyota. Pick up a 2021 Corolla estate later next week.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Joe43 said:

and why not, you enjoy one of the best SUV's money can buy.

When you stop smiling enough to take some photos please let us see the beast.

Sadly I'm not a fan of SUV's and Lexus offer little else lately so am migrating to Toyota. Pick up a 2021 Corolla estate later next week.

1.8 or 2.0 litre?

13 hours ago, flookyk said:

It was tempting ... very tempting ... too tempting ... Yes.. I bought it ..

Nice one! Sounds like a very attractive colour/trim combination.

Although I'd love to try a Gen 4 RX one day, for the moment I'd rather not because I know it would spoil my current Gen 3 which I want to keep for a few years yet, but I fear I'd end up getting tempted like you.

I did recently try an NX450h+, which I thought would be a natural step on from my RX in a few years' time (when I won't need so much space), but I think I'd miss the V6.

P.S. Look after yours, could be just what I want one day......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Nice one! Sounds like a very attractive colour/trim combination.

Although I'd love to try a Gen 4 RX one day, for the moment I'd rather not because I know it would spoil my current Gen 3 which I want to keep for a few years yet, but I fear I'd end up getting tempted like you.

I did recently try an NX450h+, which I thought would be a natural step on from my RX in a few years' time (when I won't need so much space), but I think I'd miss the V6.

P.S. Look after yours, could be just what I want one day......

This one will be a low mileage one when I am finished with it.

Now I have retired my mileage has gone down to around 6,000 miles a year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I did recently try an NX450h+, which I thought would be a natural step on from my RX in a few years' time .....

I rest drove an NX450h last month. 2 things I recall : Could barely see the display screen and .... either it was a MASSIVE side wind that hit me or the car is much less stable than what I'm used to. It was scary !

Been told what the registration number is going to be.. the salesman (David) had asked if it could be something relevant.

It has ended up as my initials as the last two letters.. pity it was not an NX I was buying instead of an RX as the first two letters are NX.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

you should have purchased from Lexus Reading 🙂

https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

Mine was sold new by Guildford with an RX plate.

11 hours ago, flookyk said:

This one will be a low mileage one when I am finished with it.

Now I have retired my mileage has gone down to around 6,000 miles a year.

Perfect! Please get tempted by something else in 4-6 years' time, when it's got 24-36k on the clock and just nicely run-in. That'd be the equivalent of me picking up my 2014 model in 2019 with just under 23k miles.

9 hours ago, stringbender said:

I rest drove an NX450h last month. 2 things I recall : Could barely see the display screen and .... either it was a MASSIVE side wind that hit me or the car is much less stable than what I'm used to. It was scary !

I certainly struggled with the display. At some point I'll jot down my thoughts on it, and how it compared with the RX.

Well ... I got it today ... discovered a slight problem which they will look at on Friday... the drivers mirror goes UP instead of down when you put it into reverse 🫢

Will take pics inside once got things setup.

20221004_120137.jpg

20221004_120214.jpg

20221004_120224.jpg

20221004_120234.jpg

20221004_120245.jpg

• Like 5

It also looks like my 2017 Rx that I have part exed with Lexus Teesside might not be with them long as while I was waiting for the dash cams to be taken out of it and put in the new one someone came into the showroom and was shown it then had a test drive.

She was going to have a think about it and maybe buy it... the price of it was going to be just £1000 less than I paid for it 2 years ago... strange times for second hand car prices.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, flookyk said:

Been told what the registration number is going to be.. the salesman (David) had asked if it could be something relevant.

David has sold me my last two RXs. He's a great guy to deal with, very helpful, pleasant and friendly. Give him my regards when you see him (John - long-haired guy from Preston who is still loving his Red RX :thumbup:

Your new one looks superb Keith, well done!

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for a new RX 450h Premium Sport then Lexus Teesside has two at the moment.. one in the showroom is white with dark interior..not sure what the other colour is ... contact David at Lexus Teesside if interested.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

David has sold me my last two RXs. He's a great guy to deal with, very helpful, pleasant and friendly. Give him my regards when you see him (John - long-haired guy from Preston who is still loving his Red RX :thumbup:

Your new one looks superb Keith, well done!

So, where did Herbs originate from John ?

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So, where did Herbs originate from John ?

When I was about 9 years old I had an argument with a friend and, as you do at that age, we called each other names. I called him Krill because his name was Chris and there was a cartoon or comic monster around at the time called Krill (I'm sure it made sense to a 9 year old at the time). I don't know why but in turn, he called me Herman (as in Herman Munster from 'The Munsters' TV programme).

For some reason 'Herman' stuck and it wasn't long before it morphed into Herbie and that's been with me ever since. I'm now 64 and I'm still known as Herbie, so much so that even my own parents called me Herbie when they were still alive. If I ever get called John it's either on some form of official paperwork or I'm in trouble :laughing:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I wouldn`t like to clean that interior Keith.

Luckily for the interior I don't have kids/grandchildren and always keep the car tidy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links