Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 Takumi with credit card key

Hi All,
I know the new 2022 NX Takumi (UK) comes with a credit card style fob as well as 2 standard keyless fobs.
My question is, can you get one(CC fob) for the previous gen NX 2018 - 2021 (UK)?

If so, where from? And, how do you get it programmed?
I'd prefer the idea of having it in my wallet, rather than having to carry a separate fob. I know, I know, first world problems!

2 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Hi All,
I know the new 2022 NX Takumi (UK) comes with a credit card style fob as well as 2 standard keyless fobs.
My question is, can you get one(CC fob) for the previous gen NX 2018 - 2021 (UK)?

If so, where from? And, how do you get it programmed?
I'd prefer the idea of having it in my wallet, rather than having to carry a separate fob. I know, I know, first world problems!

Be aware that the CC Fob is slightly larger than a CC, particularly the depth, so it may be bulky in a wallet.

My previous RX was supplied with one which we put in a safe. The only time that it came out of the safe in almost 5 years was the day the dealer delivered our new NX and took the RX away

Despite what some dealers may say there is nothing special about the key card, from the car's point of view it just appears as a standard key and is programmed in the same way (using Techstream) and the blank cut on a normal cutting machine. You just need to get one that matches the version of keys you have.

89904-53603 is possibly the part you need but you need to get that verified. They are expensive though, £350+.

56 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Despite what some dealers may say there is nothing special about the key card, from the car's point of view it just appears as a standard key and is programmed in the same way (using Techstream) and the blank cut on a normal cutting machine. You just need to get one that matches the version of keys you have.

89904-53603 is possibly the part you need but you need to get that verified. They are expensive though, £350+.

£350+ for a key card ?????????
WOW!!
Think I'll leave it, thanks for all the replies

• Sad 1

I got one with my 2019 car. I never use anything else, the two jumbo fobs are switched off and one comes out temporarily for the dealer to use during service. 

18 minutes ago, alpine said:

It has, amongst other advantages, the useful feature that you can't accidentally go out with no credit cards!

I'm not sure many people do that these days as they have their cards electronically stored on their phones.

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I'm not sure many people do that these days as they have their cards electronically stored on their phones.

That's true, but it's all eggs in one basket.
Also know that the new Honda HR-V has keyless via a phone app.

Imagine that! Lose your phone, there go your communications, money, and transport. A really efficient way to screw up your day!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beamish said:

I have one with my 2015 NX.

I keep it in my wallet and have simply stopped using the key fobs.

Dec.

15 hours ago, alpine said:

It has, amongst other advantages, the useful feature that you can't accidentally go out with no credit cards!

That's exactly what I'm looking into.
I'm not sure though if my laziness is worth £350+ ??? 

Update from Lexus.
Apparently the credit card key is not available for my car as "the credit card style key does not match the vehicle specification and as such is unfortunately not something that would be able to supply in this instance"

That tells me it can be done, but the dealer isn't allowed to.
Shame.

6 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Update from Lexus.
Apparently the credit card key is not available for my car as "the credit card style key does not match the vehicle specification and as such is unfortunately not something that would be able to supply in this instance"

Shame.

or too lazy to properly investigate. Several people have had the same response over the years, and some have purchased the correct card and programmed it themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Happens across many marques. I asked MB dealers to code various functions into my S203 but "sorry can't be done" Went to a very respected independent who did it easily.

One cannot blame the dealers, their hands are tied with Lexus (Mercedes etc...) enforcing model variant differentiation.

• Like 2

Best way to get the correct key is for a member with a Takumi grade to confirm their normal key fobs have the same part-codes as yours and then use their reg to order a key card. Then get someone to programme and cut the key for you.

Similar to Andrew:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Happens across many marques. I asked MB dealers to code various functions into my S203 but "sorry can't be done" Went to a very respected independent who did it easily.

One cannot blame the dealers, their hands are tied with Lexus (Mercedes etc...) enforcing model variant differentiation.

No blame laid.
I know the dealer is only following the corporate play book. And Lexus Nottingham have been very helpful and generous in the past. So, I know it's a proper no, no from "upstairs"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links