Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi is250 owners. I am just in the process of selling my 1999 Mk.4 LS400 and am buying a 2012 is250 Advance.

Anything I should be aware of? What is the difference with an Advance compared to a standard model ? The new car will take some getting used to as I had the LS400 for 12 years.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Anthony. To get all the information you need about the is250 look at the first topic in this part of the forum. It's titled What to look out for in an is250. 

The Advance model was introduced for MY2011 as a replacement for the SE-i trim level.

Equipment level is roughly equivalent to the SE-i, but an Advance has leather and navigation unit as standard.

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

The Advance model was introduced for MY2011 as a replacement for the SE-i trim level.

Equipment level is roughly equivalent to the SE-i, but an Advance has leather and navigation unit as standard.

It is more like SE+leather+satnav. Which is exactly what SE-i was, except SE-i had standard heated+cooled leather, whereas Advance does not have cooled (ventilated) seats only heated. So SE-i was slightly better spec. than Advance.

All in all, I always consider Advance as lowest-end model available to buy in 2011 (or rather it literally was). So for somebody buying car in 2011 it was Advance>F-Sport>SE-L. Yes compared to older SE, Sport, SR it had more things in it, but it was just because it was introduced later and towards the end of the model run. It could as well be considered "limited edition" model for end of production run, so Lexus added some nice freebees before finishing production. But it is basically a base-spec for model year 2011-2012, anything else from that year will have better spec. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

So for somebody buying car in 2011 it was Advance>F-Sport>SE-L

SE and SE-I were still available in 2011/12, so the range was SE>Advance>SE-I>F-Sport>SE-L. But because the Advance was only £340 more expensive than the SE hardly any were sold, given that the Advance provides the following over the SE spec:

• Satellite navigation

• Rear parking camera

• Cruise Control

• Rain-sensing wipers

• Leather Seating Pack (leather upholstery, heated front seats, eight-way electric front seat adjustment)

• Front and rear parking sensors

• Auto-dimming rear-view mirror

• HID bi-xenon headlights with LED running lights

• 18-inch alloy wheels

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stericker said:

Thank you Vlad, John, Linas and Colin (I am honoured - big chief) for all your replies.

Whereas I shall surely miss my LS400 this is250 will hopefully fit the bill for an eighty year old.

Have you test driven the IS, Anthony? Coming from a big comfy LS, I'd say the IS might be a little too sporty and maybe not what you expect? (Depends on what you expect of course). I guess I'm just trying to say that it might be worth considering GS of similar year as it's a bit of both, LS and IS. Something in the middle should you not get on with the "sportiness" of IS.. Just food for thought. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links