Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear seats - seatbelt chime disable

mister_johnn

Does anyone know how to disable the rear seats seatbelt chime? Had my bag on the rear seat today and it drove me crazy... DING! DING! DING!

I found a few videos, but not for ES300h:

I know that this can be done using Techstream but I don't have access to any of the tools yet.

Any suggestion is welcome, thanks!

It obviously must detect weight like a person would be so the car thought not wearing a seatbelt.

But yes agree it is indeed very annoying and makes me crazy but there for our safety ultimately.

What if I need to take the dog out? Need to train him to get used with... DING! DING! DING! 🐶

IMG_20221108_001338.jpg

I know I can connect the seatbelts and keep the car quiet, but I've got used with my previous cars and want to have the same comfort in this one... If possible, if not than I'll set the ringtone on my phone the same with the car to get used to it... 😜

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you not restrain you dog when in the car? I always fit ours with harness and clip him into the seatbelt buckle.

If that is the dog in the picture above, they need restraining.

That is a lot of weight being thrown forward into the driver or passenger, in the event of an emergency. 

• Like 5

UK Highway Code:

Rule 57

When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mister_johnn said:

Always restrained. We have a few parks where we live so most of the time we walk, rarely we take him in the car.

Using the seat  belt buckle? And the warning still goes off?

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Using the seat  belt buckle? And the warning still goes off?

Not with the dog, just with the bag... That's my issue. I'll try with Techstream when I'll have the tools and post an update if it will work. If not, I'll have to get used, not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, mister_johnn said:

Not with the dog, just with the bag... That's my issue. I'll try with Techstream when I'll have the tools and post an update if it will work. If not, I'll have to get used, not the end of the world.

Put the bag in the boot?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links