Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another recall for my Gen 2 NX

8 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Hi Ken

As reported before, my dealer flatly refuses to pay for petrol as "it is no longer Lexus policy". As it is a 240 mile round trip for these 2 recalls I'm not too happy. Not sure whether to contact Lexus HQ and ask for clarification

I would, there's nothing to lose asking the question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Hi Ken

As reported before, my dealer flatly refuses to pay for petrol as "it is no longer Lexus policy". As it is a 240 mile round trip for these 2 recalls I'm not too happy. Not sure whether to contact Lexus HQ and ask for clarification

Nothing ventured, nothing gained John.

I`ll wager that it is not official policy,but ratther that of the Franchise (Dealer).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Hi Ken

Dealer clearly told me that it was Lexus policy on recalls.

I was sat waiting for the car so told them not to bother since it was almost full, their response “we have to replenish the fuel sir, it is Lexus policy that we do so”

16 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I took mine in last week for the LTA fix, and now LTA doesn't work AT ALL!   It's going back to the garage to fix this, the petrol cap filler issue, and a bunch of other problems that I reported in August but they still haven't looked at.

What dealer was that, Coventry?

6 hours ago, John Adams said:

Hi Ken

Hi John

I would certainly contact Lexus UK for their take on this as I am pretty sure that the dealers who are replenishing fuel are passing this to them. I know that if you get a courtesy car the dealer bills Lexus UK.

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Hi John

I would certainly contact Lexus UK for their take on this as I am pretty sure that the dealers who are replenishing fuel are passing this to them. I know that if you get a courtesy car the dealer bills Lexus UK.

Hi Ken

I've asked Lexus UK for their policy on this and will report back when they reply

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stumpyuk said:

Yep!

I have used Coventry for servicing over the past 6 years as they are nearer my office but have been underwhelmed by them the last 2 times I have used them. I am now trying Derby for the fuel flap repair as that's nearer home.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:35 PM, Ken R said:

Hi John

Hi Ken

I have received a response from Lexus UK to say that it is not their policy to reimburse fuel costs for a recall no matter how long the distance. So it is obviously dealer specific when it comes to paying fuel costs. Looks like I might need to find myself another dealer.

• Like 2

Got mine done at Cambridge today and I won't be back again!

Place was unbelievably packed with cars to the point it looked like a dodgy second hand car dealer with cars bumper to bumper on the forecourt... Was then told they won't be able to clean it due to a burst pipe so disappointed as it really needs a clean with the weather we've had...

Couldn't get the push chair between cars where I should have, so had to walk the longest way round to get out so not impressed at all. 

No fuel or charge put in so despite Cambridge being a nicer place to go than Leicester, service and any other visits will be there...

Getting out of the parking spot they left it in wasn't the easiest either with the stupid amount of cars on the forecourt. 

Tbh, just made me think I made the right decision buying from Leicester and not Cambridge!

• Sad 1

Maybe we could all contribute to a list of "highly rated" Lexus dealer across the UK, such as offering free fuel on recall visit; or just a pleasant experience on service visit etc.

So one can make an informed choice for their next dealer visit. 😅

20 hours ago, Caspa said:

Got mine done at Cambridge today and I won't be back again!

Place was unbelievably packed with cars to the point it looked like a dodgy second hand car dealer with cars bumper to bumper on the forecourt... Was then told they won't be able to clean it due to a burst pipe so disappointed as it really needs a clean with the weather we've had...

Couldn't get the push chair between cars where I should have, so had to walk the longest way round to get out so not impressed at all. 

No fuel or charge put in so despite Cambridge being a nicer place to go than Leicester, service and any other visits will be there...

Getting out of the parking spot they left it in wasn't the easiest either with the stupid amount of cars on the forecourt. 

Tbh, just made me think I made the right decision buying from Leicester and not Cambridge!

Was this Steven Eagle on Cambridge? If so I am not surprised by the lack of room for parking, their Ipswich branch is the same mainly due to them sharing the premises with the dealer’s Toyota dealership.

However, I cannot speak highly enough of the Steven Eagle Ipswich branch. I have always received excellent service from them, both in the buying experience and afterwards. It was they who told me that it was Lexus policy to replenish fuel used when having to return to them for warranty and recall work

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

Was this Steven Eagle on Cambridge? If so I am not surprised by the lack of room for parking, their Ipswich branch is the same mainly due to them sharing the premises with the dealer’s Toyota dealership.

However, I cannot speak highly enough of the Steven Eagle Ipswich branch. I have always received excellent service from them, both in the buying experience and afterwards. It was they who told me that it was Lexus policy to replenish fuel used when having to return to them for warranty and recall work

But Lexus UK have just told me it is not their policy to replenish fuel for warranty and recall work. It must be dealer specific who decide what to do.

54 minutes ago, John Adams said:

But Lexus UK have just told me it is not their policy to replenish fuel for warranty and recall work. It must be dealer specific who decide what to do.

I saw your post to that effect, but you have missed the irony of my post since I believe that the Lexus Cambridge dealership is part of the Steven Eagle Group as is Ipswich, so why the difference in policy between dealerships in the same group.

32 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

I saw your post to that effect, but you have missed the irony of my post since I believe that the Lexus Cambridge dealership is part of the Steven Eagle Group as is Ipswich, so why the difference in policy between dealerships in the same group.

Sorry, I didn't pick that up. Started on the Sherry too early

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, loknx said:

Maybe we could all contribute to a list of "highly rated" Lexus dealer across the UK, such as offering free fuel on recall visit; or just a pleasant experience on service visit etc.

So one can make an informed choice for their next dealer visit. 😅

If you are proposing a league table of dealers I nominate Lexus Edinburgh. Absolutely fantastic "text book standard" of customer service across all the team. You are certainly made to feel very special. Can't rate them highly enough.

After getting a fix done on my fuel flat it’s gone again today, just refuses to open even with the pull handle in the boot, had to be prised open using a thin flat edge, it’s a real pain but back to the dealer again hopefully later next week, unfortunately one that doesn’t offer the free fuel!!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links