Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another recall for my Gen 2 NX

I received a letter from Lexus today stating that my NX350h is subject to a Customer Satisfaction Campaign (aka a "recall") to perform an update to the Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) software. Looks like they have discovered an issue (apparently with the forward recognition camera) whereby the LTA system may not function fully under certain road conditions. The update will of course be done free of charge but I'll need to take the car to the dealer for this to be done. No mention of how long this will take. 

Just a heads-up for other Gen 2 NX owners on here. 

• Like 2

I pulled this snippet off an Australian website w.r.t  NX 2022 LTA recall.  This seems to be a global issue for Lexus.

• What is the condition?
  • Due to a software error in the LTA control computer, the upper limit of the LTA steering angle may be reached earlier than expected. If this condition occurs, the system may provide a reduced level of lane centring assist than designed under certain road and vehicle conditions (e.g., curve radius, vehicle speed, etc.) and may not provide the full level of assist required under certain test condition

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/lexus-nx-recalled-for-three-fixes

• Thanks 1

I got my letter today. Dealer unsure about the time needed to complete the work to address this issue as software updates can sometimes take longer than anticipated. Appointment made for next month but rather than wait in the showroom (comfortable as it is!) I am being given a courtesy car.

Ours being done on 28th this month so I’ll report back on the time it took. I’ll be happy if it is 90 minutes since there are places I can go around the dealership to kill 90 minutes.

Only having the update to keep the car up to date.only time I tried LTA it seemed to work ok but tbh I can’t see me using it again, can’t see the point of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had mine in for its 10k service (already!) recently and apparently a recall was done but they didn't say what. Is it just me that is finding the recall checker on the Lexus website is broken (and has been for some while)?

I had mine in last month for a stuck fuel filler cap and they did the recall at the same time. They had my car for the full day and I didn’t notice any difference with it after the LTA fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 78csj said:

I had mine in last month for a stuck fuel filler cap and they did the recall at the same time. They had my car for the full day and I didn’t notice any difference with it after the LTA fix.

Stuart

Was it the remote release that failed or the actual filler cap?

I had a worrying time at the petrol station when it wouldn’t release  when I pressed the button. At the 4th attempt with me pressing and pulling the flap and my wife pressing the button it did release.

I cleaned the grit out of the hinge and it seems to have been Ok since.nWas going to mention it on frost service.

It was the remote release, it would keep clicking but refuse to open, I tried the release catch in the boot but that wouldn’t open it either although it all moved freely enough. It was a worry when it went down to one bar, but all done, a wee bit ott but I open it every couple of days just to make sure it’s working.

• Like 1

Just the same on mine as it would not open while stuck in filling station alone. At home sprayed the inside with wd40 still stuck, so gently inserted a piece of card into flap and that then gave enough pressure to open with the button.

Have now greased all parts and still try it every few days to check. Will get it fixed with the software update, but in no hurry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Obviously a design fault then.☹️

I wasn’t aware of a release in the boot so I will look into that.

With thanks to Jean on another forum, I attach the following:

"If you open boot and look at the same side as the petrol cap you will see a petrol cap shape in boot lining. Remove this and put hand in and feel for a square of plastic, push towards back of car and prise open petrol cap with finger nails at the same time. Works a treat!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve just received this recall letter and will get the update done shortly I hope.

interestingly, I have noticed the LTA not being as responsive as I would have thought.

On my regular run home there are a serious of bends where the car will try to overshoot the double middle line. I’ve tried this section at various speeds and it has always struggled. 
Once the update has been done it will be good to compare.

19 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Obviously a design fault then.☹️

I wasn’t aware of a release in the boot so I will look into that.

Clearly is a growing problem as I experienced the same issue yesterday. Fortunately I knew about the boot release so no great panic at the pumps. Will mention this when it goes in for the LTA issue.

• Like 1

I've got mine booked in for 22/12 and was told it'll be 2hrs.

I actually use LTA quite often and it does start to complain if the road becomes too curvy.

Can't comment on the fuel cap issue as getting close to 1k miles done and as still got 2 bars of petrol left!

8 hours ago, Caspa said:

I've got mine booked in for 22/12 and was told it'll be 2hrs.

I actually use LTA quite often and it does start to complain if the road becomes too curvy.

Can't comment on the fuel cap issue as getting close to 1k miles done and as still got 2 bars of petrol left!

Just coming up to 8k miles since 4 Feb and I think the fuel flap release issue is due to grit being driven into the cavity by motorway spray etc. gentle hose of the cavity solved it for a while but last fill I had to prise my fingers under the flap…

On 11/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, The_Doctor said:

I had mine in for its 10k service (already!) recently and apparently a recall was done but they didn't say what. Is it just me that is finding the recall checker on the Lexus website is broken (and has been for some while)?

Why is is that experienced and knowledgeable people NEVER buy the first cars from the first production run ?

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why is is that experienced and knowledgeable people NEVER buy the first cars from the first production run ?

Yes always best to avoid at least the first one or two quarter of a new model and I'd have been very nervous if the series II NX was the first of a new platform/drivetrain to be built, but the RAV4 has been out for some time already so I'm a little surprised with the amount of issues.

To date there have been recalls across the world for Lane tracing assist, headlight/DRL issues, parking brake, missing welds around the suspension, Vehicle Stability Control randomly deactivating.

Plus a whole bunch of issues/TSBs for things like fuel flap, console door/button stuck, remote control app functions not working, air con compressor noise, software fixes for the infotainment system etc.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:12 PM, royoftherovers said:

Can’t say I agree in relation this model. My Takumi NX was £ 51,800 when I bought it for Feb 2022 delivery. RRP now is £ 57,810 and I bet they haven’t ironed out all the problems….

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

Can’t say I agree in relation this model. My Takumi NX was £ 51,800 when I bought it for Feb 2022 delivery. RRP now is £ 57,810 and I bet they haven’t ironed out all the problems….

Thanks Ken. My point was that problems will always manifest themselves until the upgrade (Facelift) of the model has taken place.This is usually at least 2years following the model`s introduction.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:12 PM, royoftherovers said:

2 hours ago, hintonwood said:

I too was an early buyer of the Gen2 NX (so must therefore be inexperienced and not knowledgeable) having took delivery of the car in early February. Since then the price of the car has increased by over £6,000 and the PCP interest rate has risen sharply from what I am paying on mine. 

In the time I have had the car it has performed impeccably and has exceeded my expectations. Admittedly it has been subject to one or two recalls but these have been minor inconveniences compared to the joy and pleasure it has given me. 

I ordered the car "sight unseen" and well before even a demonstrator car was due to reach our shores, but having owned Lexus cars before, including the Gen1 NX, I was confident that I wasn't taking too much of a gamble. 

If I could travel back to the time before I ordered it in September 2021 I would do all it again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Had the recall done this morning. Wasn’t due to be done until Monday but dealer called & said bring today if you want, we’ve had a cancellation in the workshop.

It took 1 hour 5 mins so no inconvenience waiting for it, although I did tell them not to wash it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Had the recall done this morning. Wasn’t due to be done until Monday but dealer called & said bring today if you want, we’ve had a cancellation in the workshop.

It took 1 hour 5 mins so no inconvenience waiting for it, although I did tell them not to wash it.

As a matter of interest, did Lexus offer to pay for petrol ?  For me it's a 120 mile round trip which means 240 miles with the other recall I've had done.. I don't wish to sound pedantic but 2 recalls with a new car they should contribute something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

As a matter of interest, did Lexus offer to pay for petrol ?  For me it's a 120 mile round trip which means 240 miles with the other recall I've had done.. I don't wish to sound pedantic but 2 recalls with a new car they should contribute something.

The last 5 mins of my wait was while they went to fill it up.

I said “i only filled it 3 days ago and had done hardly any petrol miles since so leave it.”
Receptionist responded “it is Lexus policy to replenish fuel on recalls so we will squeeze in whatever we can”

Guy came back & said “it only took a fivers worth”

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links