Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey all.

Apologies if this has been covered before just wondering what the mpg is on the 2nd gen GS300's 

Currently drive an IS250 and seriously considering a 300, driving is a mixture of short 1  to 3 mile trips with a some longer 30+ mile motorway runs twice or 3 times a week. 

I know its going to cost more overall to run just wondering how much more. if I have some rough mpg figures maybe I could justify it with some man maths 😄 

Thanks in advance.  

Older engine design with a larger capacity and a heavier car. I'd say 15 to 20% more fuel than an IS250. I seem to recall getting about 28 mpg average in my 1998 GS300.

The series III GS300 (2005+) is better, but would still be around 10% worse compared to the IS250.

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I seem to recall getting about 28 mpg average in my 1998 GS300.

I don't think I even got that. My daily driving is very similar to the OP's.

I do remember though it improved considerably during the first lock down. Still working and empty roads. Christmas Day traffic every day.

5 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I don't think I even got that. My daily driving is very similar to the OP's.

Quite possibly. I cannot entirely remember. I do know that when I changed to a GS430 I averaged 23 mpg which was worse than the 300.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, eleveneleven said:

Hey all.

Apologies if this has been covered before just wondering what the mpg is on the 2nd gen GS300's 

Currently drive an IS250 and seriously considering a 300, driving is a mixture of short 1  to 3 mile trips with a some longer 30+ mile motorway runs twice or 3 times a week. 

I know its going to cost more overall to run just wondering how much more. if I have some rough mpg figures maybe I could justify it with some man maths 😄 

Thanks in advance.  

I used to get around 20 in town, and up to 38 on motorway. Making progress on motorway 32. Regularly did over 450 miles to a tank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links