Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Those of us who are lucky enough to pay the £10 per year Road Fund Licence.

11 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

He has, it will be £20 from 2025 - please start saving.

Well, I wasn’t expecting that so soon. 100%inflation right there. Actually, when I bought the car, last year the sales guy asked me if I wanted to pay it via monthly direct debit. I think he was being tongue -in - cheek.

Thanks for replying with the bad news.

4 hours ago, serbarry said:

What is the road fund license? I have never heard of it. Thank you 

A term that I remember being used from when I first bought a car in 1966. Stuck with me.

21 hours ago, serbarry said:

What is the road fund license? I have never heard of it. Thank you 

Equivalent of Ireland's Motor Tax. We call it Motor Tax and not Road Tax for 2 reasons:

1. To make it clear that it's a tax for having a motor (car, van, truck, motorbike - anything with a motor) that is used on the roads.

2. To dispel any thoughts that drivers of motor vehicles may have that this payment gives them greater ownership of the roads than pedestrians or cyclists have.

Over here, we pay €190 PA for our IS300H's (one of the lowest rates)

• Like 1

I remember back in 1967 ( age 17 ) my Road Tax was at about the same level as my car insurance with the Co-Op and I remember it being £25  ?

Might have been on my old 1954 Austin A40 Somerset ..  i think !  ( cost me £4 to buy too ) 

Not sure if I had passed my Test by that time tho'

Malc

On 11/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, ColinBarber said:

He has, it will be £20 from 2025 - please start saving.

Is it really so cheap? I pay 790 euros for my GS in Ireland because it was registered in 2008. If it had been registered before 2008 I would have paid 1,809 euros. 😡

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, serbarry said:

Is it really so cheap? I pay 790 euros for my GS in Ireland because it was registered in 2008. If it had been registered before 2008 I would have paid 1,809 euros. 😡

Yeah it's £30 a year for our is300h and Peugeot 308hdi altogether. And I still hate paying it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links