Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Insurance on Newish Vehicle

Has anybody else had problems with trying to insure a newish car with Lexus? My NX was registered in September and my insurance is coming up for renewal so I went online and obtained 7 quotes from different companies. Over the weekend the Lexus website crashed and I couldn't complete the application but all was well on Monday. It wasn't the cheapest quote but I liked the idea of all genuine Lexus repairs so today (Friday) I decided to accept the quote. I hadn't been able to enter my registration number online but I was able to manually enter the details to get the quote. When I came to accept the quote online, I was once again asked for my registration number and again this failed so I phoned Lexus Insurance.

Spoke with an agent who just made loads of excuses and wouldn't listen. None of the other 6 companies had trouble with the registration number but this agent was insistent that the problem was caused by my current insurers not registering the car properly. It is with their special operations team at the moment but I am wondering if Lexus Insurance is the right decision if their systems don't work and their staff so unhelpful.

10 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Has anybody else had problems with trying to insure a newish car with Lexus? My NX was registered in September and my insurance is coming up for renewal so I went online and obtained 7 quotes from different companies. Over the weekend the Lexus website crashed and I couldn't complete the application but all was well on Monday. It wasn't the cheapest quote but I liked the idea of all genuine Lexus repairs so today (Friday) I decided to accept the quote. I hadn't been able to enter my registration number online but I was able to manually enter the details to get the quote. When I came to accept the quote online, I was once again asked for my registration number and again this failed so I phoned Lexus Insurance.

Spoke with an agent who just made loads of excuses and wouldn't listen. None of the other 6 companies had trouble with the registration number but this agent was insistent that the problem was caused by my current insurers not registering the car properly. It is with their special operations team at the moment but I am wondering if Lexus Insurance is the right decision if their systems don't work and their staff so unhelpful.

Id suggest giving Chris Knott a call. They can beat your cheapest quote by like £20 but their customer service is top drawer when claiming. Lexus insurance tends to be very expensive for what you get and you can get a genuine Lexus repair by going to a Lexus approved bodyshop and paying an excess of £200 regardless of who your insurer is

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 11:15 AM, Harrier Man said:

My NX350h is currently insured with Lexus Insurance. There were no problems with the registration number even though the car was only a month old at the time. Not sure why they are having problems with your car if other insurers can "locate" it fine.

I found that the price they quoted was similar to those from other insurers so I decided to go with them for the same reason that you were contemplating (e.g. genuine Lexus parts and workshops). I've not had the need to claim on the insurance (thankfully) so can't comment on that side of their operation.

In my dealings with them I have found their customer service to be average (not great but not bad either) and their customer-facing IT systems seem be on a par with most other Lexus IT systems (if you know what I mean 😉 ).

• Like 1

Just to round out my experience ... After calming down and re-evaluating my options, I was torn between the comprehensiveness the Lexus insurance offered and the poor systems and agent attitude that I had experienced. I was going to swallow my pride and go for it but kept asking myself why I would give my business to a company that had riled me so much. If life was this difficult giving them money, how would they be if I needed to make a claim? I made a last minute phone call to my current insurers and spoke to an agent who was not only very helpful and pleasant but was also able to offer a reduced renewal price that made the whole package the best on offer. No prizes for guessing that I went with them. Direct Line, one; Lexus Insurance, zero.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Just to round out my experience ... After calming down and re-evaluating my options, I was torn between the comprehensiveness the Lexus insurance offered and the poor systems and agent attitude that I had experienced. I was going to swallow my pride and go for it but kept asking myself why I would give my business to a company that had riled me so much. If life was this difficult giving them money, how would they be if I needed to make a claim? I made a last minute phone call to my current insurers and spoke to an agent who was not only very helpful and pleasant but was also able to offer a reduced renewal price that made the whole package the best on offer. No prizes for guessing that I went with them. Direct Line, one; Lexus Insurance, zero.

Thanks for the update Malcolm. Do let us know how the Direct Line Customer Service operates if you ever have to use it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links