Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is300h Recall (Spotted Dec 2022)

I had mine done yesterday. Apparently pressure can build up causing a flange to crack. I'm not sure the person who told me this fully understood the work however.

According to my dash cam, the job took no more than 30 minutes. The rear car bench seat was removed from the car and work was presumably undertaken there. Bonnet was opened but not sure what for.

I was told it affects a few other Lexus models too. A chap was in with his ES for the same work.

Must be one of these tubes but there are about 4 of them listed on the parts diagram so could be anyone of them. If you want to be on the side of caution, probably best don't fill your tank more than half way until you have the remediation work done. I typically only fill mine half way normally anyway as the car rarely does long trips and because overfilling and damaging the EVAP system is an expensive mistake to make.

Screenshot_20230125_195842_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 3

Letter arrived here today too. Co-branded DVSA and Lexus letter.

What is the condition?

The subject vehicles are equipped with a fuel evaporative emission control unit (fuel tank vent tube assembly) that is attached to the fuel tank by a flange. The fuel tank vent tube assembly prevents the fuel vapor, that is created in the fuel tank, from being released directly into the atmosphere. Due to the design of the flange, there is a possibility that a stress related crack could develop on the exterior surface of the flange. The crack could expand over time and, depending on the size of the crack, could eventually allow fuel to leak. Depending on the amount of fuel that escapes and, if it is in the presence of an ignition source, this could increase the risk of a vehicle fire.

What will Lexus do?

Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance. Consequently, Lexus has decided to conduct a Safety Recall to replace the fuel tank vent tube assembly. Our records show that your vehicle is amongst those subject to this campaign.

Please contact your local Official Lexus Centre as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have the fuel tank vent tube replaced, free of charge You can find your nearest centre in the enclosed directory or on our website by visiting

Please note that, due to the nature of the repair, we would kindly request that, where possible, your vehicle is presented to the Lexus Centre with no more than 1/4 tank of fuel.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please address them to your local Lexus Centre or alternatively, call us free on 0800 046 7907. Our lines are open 8am-8pm, every day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are other owners still waiting for a recall letter (who are showing on the system as recall needed)?

I haven't received any letter yet although the system says the recall is required (I have owned the car for 6 years).

I'll raise it at my next service (which will probably be due around April), as it sounds like Lexus dealers are in the main booking the recalls for March onwards, if I haven't heard anything by then. 

I’m in the same boat. Apart from reading about this recall, I haven’t heard anything fro Lexus. My dealer is Lexus Hedge End who have usually provided excellent service, so far. I’ll give it until March and then give them a call.

• Thanks 1

Got ours letter this week. Will wait to the weather gets better polish up the car then dress fancy, see what nice machines the sales man let me out in when I express interest in an upgrade 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shada said:

Got ours letter this week. Will wait to the weather gets better polish up the car then dress fancy, see what nice machines the sales man let me out in when I express interest in an upgrade 

They will just give you the ugly UX.. i got them twice in the same colour.

The spec on the first one was really nice, including heated steering wheel and wireless charging.
The 2nd one was basic as them come and really disappointing.

12 hours ago, agent_dess said:

They will just give you the ugly UX.. i got them twice in the same colour.

The spec on the first one was really nice, including heated steering wheel and wireless charging.
The 2nd one was basic as them come and really disappointing.

Was hoping to get a run in an rc300h were actually thinking about changing to one. But it won't be from a lexus dealer. A nice 2 year old damage repairable one if the right one pops up

• 3 weeks later...

My 2013 is in tomorow at Lexus bham. They just rang me to see if I’m happy with my current car and if I had thought about changing it? 
I don’t know what to expect i have heard it is a short job but then why am I getting a courtesy car? They said at least half day. 
how is everyone getting on. 

9 hours ago, Nickyt211 said:

My 2013 is in tomorow at Lexus bham. They just rang me to see if I’m happy with my current car and if I had thought about changing it? 
I don’t know what to expect i have heard it is a short job but then why am I getting a courtesy car? They said at least half day. 
how is everyone getting on. 

Took my dealership about 20 mins, from driving into the workshop, to driving out. dashcam evidence.

I think they just like to sit on the car for the day.

• Like 1

Dropped the car off this morning at Lexus bham. They had asked me about selling mine before and Thought they would give me a ux or nx as a courtesy car and not a big fan of them so I thought no way you could try the sales tactics on me. Then they give me this beauty I was like touché Lexus touché 😂 

2C7796A4-7A90-454A-A9DA-4B2507249806.jpeg

50A03778-E27D-496A-A790-815DEEF49DDB.jpeg

5871859A-3DF5-4A9F-8632-F36FAA928084.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice ES looks more suited for an old boy in that spec or interior colour :wink3:

F Sport trim level is a must with Red leather on the Lexus range just an opinion of course.

Spotted Civic type R in the background in that 2nd pic.

Just got my IS back and overall the ES is a nice car mainly for its comfort and modern interior.  I gave it a bit more stick on the way back and found it not as nice to drive as the IS, it definitely doesn’t handle as well and I found those front wheels were spinning up a bit too easy. I have my car back now and I still loved driving my IS home 😊 I think I would prefer one of the last of the IS over the ES.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links