Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300H TAKUMI - wheel arch CAN BUS theft

Colenso

6 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

This is an email conversation I have had over the last couple of days with my local dealer. I answered with my thoughts. I have removed names to protect the innocent as they say!

Interesting that they didn't say the new models aren't vulnerable to attack.

I do sympathise with the dealership salesman, he (or she) is trying to sell a product and not getting the support from the manufacturer.

Lexus should be briefing both dealerships and customers that a) they recognise the problem and b) what they are doing about it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, shapiro said:

I’m not convinced they are putting enough pressure on Lexus. 

All rather passive. 

Indeed and advising people to fit steering locks due to the security design flaws for a premium vehicle is completely unacceptable. They either retro fit Canbus encryption via a recall to ALL vulnerable vehicles or fit a third party immobiliser. They have sat on this long enough with no action.

• Like 6

I was just about to do a system and attach an alarm to the wiring going to the headlight which should slow down or put away the thieves, but unfortunately if was just stolen last night from Forest Hill - London.

Make sure that you are making something to slow down the thieves if you have a Lexus or thinking of buying one.

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, PDM said:

Sorry to hear of this.

As Bob says I hope you can track it.

It may help the general cause if everyone who has been a victim posts on this page:

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/car-security-advice-and-tips/

Sadly comments are moderated so only lame inane comments would probably make it through!

21 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Sadly comments are moderated so only lame inane comments would probably make it through!

I’ve just asked for some advice for the LC500. I’m guessing they too can be gone in second seconds.

Let’s see if they make the directors cut. 

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

There are quite a few on there that are brutally honest, so things should make it through!  Let's see!

1 minute ago, PDM said:

There are quite a few on there that are brutally honest, so things should make it through!  Let's see!

I left a message on there after mine was stolen a week ago, it went for moderation and disappeared. 

5 minutes ago, Derant said:

I left a message on there after mine was stolen a week ago, it went for moderation and disappeared. 

At least if they are being deleted at moderation, somebody at Lexus is seeing the amount of discontent.

Depreciation for existing owners that have not had theirs stolen is going to be brutal. Word is out on these vehicles expect it to go the Range Rover way with values dropping off a cliff....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do hope that my last comment hasn’t been taken in the wrong context. It was the immense frustration and worry what ES owners are going through.  I just wonder why this has been, so recently, that we have became a target.  Yes it has to be the obvious, Canbus and the key. Oh such a concern.

6 minutes ago, PDM said:

At least if they are being deleted at moderation, somebody at Lexus is seeing the amount of discontent.

Being a cynic they would probably just purge and not pass the dissatisfaction to Chris Hayes ivory tower. Lexus UK have sat on this too long the word is out and damage to the reputation will be very hard to turn around now.

Interesting there are 75 comments on the car security page.

I was surprised to find that my UX (keyless entry) doesn't deadlock unless you touch the handle twice within 5 seconds.  I only discovered when I accidentally touched it twice, heard a second 'clunk', and went to look it up in the manual.  Not under 'Opening and closing the doors'.  Go figure........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links