Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus service booking frustration

In recent years, booking a service has become an unpleasant experience. The days when you could call the dealership service department, discuss your requirements and book a service have long past. It's now a call centre with non technical people operating from a script. The last 3 occasions I had to use them resulted in many errors such as wrong date, wrong location, messages not passed on etc. I called the dealership this afternoon for costs and was transferred to the call centre who told me £320 for Intermediate and £580 for Full service including spark plug change. When I last enquired at the dealership they deduct £170 if you fit your own plugs (at a diy cost of £45 for OEM plugs plus 15 minutes). The call centre young lady told me the cost is the same whether I have plugs replaced or not. I asked to be transferd back to the Dealership (whom I originally called) when the line went dead!   I didn't get the chance to discuss the £100 previously quoted price reduction for OEM oil I always provide (£54.98 for 5 litres 0w20 from Snows Toyota, Exeter) with service cost always historically reduced. I would be interested to hear others experience and whether it has proved benefitial to have servicing done other than by Lexus.

All my Lexus cars have been within the manufacturer's warranty period and I have always had (and still do)  a service plan with Lexus. I simply telephone my dealer, arrange a date and time and service is done, no hassle. I often wait in the showroom (plenty of coffee and biscuits!) or I have a courtesy car. Never had a problem 👍

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments Peter. Maybe this is down to area. The 2 Lexus dealerships nearest to me immediately transfer me to the call centre if I just mention "service". The actual experience when the car is serviced has always been great.

I've never had an issue with either of my dealers, I find it better, if possible, to pop in to dealership and book car in face to face when I did book via call centre in the early days I was always informed courtesy cars are not available on Saturdays (my preferred day) but each time I have booked in person at either dealership (Sidcup & Maidstone) it has never been a problem.

• Like 3

My car has a service plan and I use Lexus Leeds who are part of the Vantage Group.

I have nothing but praise for the dealership and all the staff but they use a central call centre to book vehicles in for work which is less than ideal.

I have met most of the problems identified earlier in the thread and commiserate with all you out there that have to suffer it.

I find it best to call in or email a service advisor with the request and ask for a call back to confirm.

Good luck guys,

Anthony

Automatic answering machines where you have to press 5 to 10 different digits to get to the place you try to call, chatbots, call-centres. We better get used to it. Qualified personnel, no way, far too expensive.

Brave new world.

image.thumb.png.ba55d1414d7f61c4d2e72870886e5be3.png

Thought it was just my dealer as they are part of a larger group and as a newcomer I found this option to be very poor. Phoned the service centre to ask a question on the car and the person answering asked what make a 350h was !!

The dealer have kindly given me a couple of contact numbers for the service department so will avoid the "Lexus centre" next time

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links