Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water jets for wind screen ux250

If it's just the nozzles frozen, then more strongly conncentrated screen wash, or even meths, may not help, as the liquid here is exposed to the air and so the alcohol content will evaporate. Additionally water/water vapour from the outside may be freezing in the end of the nozzles, hence the need to melt that first so any screen wash can flow through.

Of course the nozzles could simply be blocked with dirt or something, and so giving them a clean might help too.

On 12/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, Andy p 1 said:

It’s a new car, used what was in it, same issue frozen. Filled it up 2 days ago with ready to use -10 stuff from Halfords. Still the same frozen. 

I'm experiencing the same Andy, new car with the manufacturers solution in the reservoir and all frozen up. Surprised at them not spending a few more pence and putting a more concentrated solution in. Display showing from -3 to +3, and the system doesn't work until its reached +3.

22 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

I'm experiencing the same Andy, new car with the manufacturers solution in the reservoir and all frozen up. Surprised at them not spending a few more pence and putting a more concentrated solution in. Display showing from -3 to +3, and the system doesn't work until its reached +3.

Hi I’ve totally emptied the washer bottle used ready mixed stuff that can apparently cope with -10. Still freezes up. This morning used some warm water to defrost the jets happy days it worked. The bad news for about 3 miles of driving in -6 conditions. The jets must just freeze over! But on a 30k car it’s a poor design. Hopefully it warm up soon so I can actually enjoy driving the car when I can see lol.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andy p 1 said:

Hi I’ve totally emptied the washer bottle used ready mixed stuff that can apparently cope with -10. Still freezes up. This morning used some warm water to defrost the jets happy days it worked. The bad news for about 3 miles of driving in -6 conditions. The jets must just freeze over! But on a 30k car it’s a poor design. Hopefully it warm up soon so I can actually enjoy driving the car when I can see lol.

Ask for your money back on the screen wash because I doubt it was below -10 degC where you are.

I can't understand why folk buy ready mixed screen wash. Wow it states good for upto and I stress UPTO -10°c. Rubbish. Buy a quality product which is a concentrate. Mix your own. In these very cold wintery conditions you make a 50/50 solution. It's that simple. 

What did you use in the 2000's? The 1990's etc? Why complain about a water jet nozzle? I've never had such issues. My 15 year old is250 doesn't suffer from blocked jets due to the outside temperature. I'll end this with one word. PRESTONE. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I can't understand why folk buy ready mixed screen wash. Wow it states good for upto and I stress UPTO -10°c. Rubbish. Buy a quality product which is a concentrate. Mix your own. In these very cold wintery conditions you make a 50/50 solution. It's that simple. 

What did you use in the 2000's? The 1990's etc? Why complain about a water jet nozzle? I've never had such issues. My 15 year old is250 doesn't suffer from blocked jets due to the outside temperature. I'll end this with one word. PRESTONE. 

Yep Prestone - I've tried all sorts and that's by far the best. Just picked up another 5 litres today from ECP - "Prestone -18c Concentrated Screenwash" 

Since using this (for a few years now) don't seem to have any problems with jets freezing. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links