Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

On 4/12/2023 at 1:26 PM, FJN said:

Hello all, 

New poster here! Got an NX350h on order with an ETA of 5th June. 

In your experience, how long does shipping take to the UK? Just trying to estimate when it will likely be shipped. 

I’ve been supplied with a VIN number but I believe tracking via MyLexus isn’t available to non-retail customers.

Cheers! 

I've now been able to add my vehicle to mylexus and have downloaded the lexus link app but can't see any feature to track my order status, can anyone advise where I'd usually find this on the website and/or app? It may be because it's been ordered by a business rather than directly by myself as a retail customer but just wanted to check. 

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, FJN said:

I've now been able to add my vehicle to mylexus and have downloaded the lexus link app but can't see any feature to track my order status, can anyone advise where I'd usually find this on the website and/or app? It may be because it's been ordered by a business rather than directly by myself as a retail customer but just wanted to check. 

Thanks,

You might be right but some features take a little time to percolate through the system and to show up. How long has it been since you added your vehicle? As I have my car, I no longer have the 'track my order' option but I don't remember having any trouble finding it. My beef was with the misleading wording Lexus uses during the process ( I think I've made a couple of posts on this, one on 25th February).

The wait is (almost) over 

My sales rep called me during lunchtime (and you know that it is pretty important stuff when someone calls you during lunch in France). 
My long awaiten 450h+ will be at dealership next wednesday and ready for delivery for saturday 22nd 

Happy !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I've had no reply from Customer Services (which to be fair, I didn't expect given it was only last night), but I also DM'ed LexusUK on Twitter...who have finally responded after about four or five previous attempts. 

I explained I know of the ongoing shortages. I explained I've already been given a 'rough ETA' of August. I explained I would like the same updates others are receiving - such as build dates/slots, shipping information e.t.c... I explained there are now similar age and newer orders than my own which are getting build slots/dates and shipping dates. I explained the dealer isn't keeping me updated as they are with other people. I explained I'm not happy with just the absolute basic 'always subject to change' information the dealer is telling me, whilst others have much firmer dates.

This is the reply I have just had back... 

So, to conclude - a generic reply which is pretty much exactly what my dealer has told me. Oh yes - note how it's me who's expected to keep on chasing this. At the end of May. Which will take my order up to a full year without news of any progress at all from the day of ordering. 

Other members can make of this what they will and I'm always happy to hear other people's thoughts on this, but at the moment with August not even 'a given', I think this is very much a definite nail in the coffin of this long-standing order as I have no faith at all that I'll ever receive this car. It's clearly being pushed back over and over again to favour other orders. 

Screenshot_20230221_101729.png

Hi all 

After lurking in the shadows I thought I'd share my experience on the NX delivery date topic.

I ordered the NX 350 premium plus, sonic grey, protection pack & design pack back in early April 2022. The sales rep was very honest and said they were telling everyone to expect about a years wait for the 350 but a few months less for the 450. All of the previous explained reasons discussed on here for the delay but the earlier 450 delivery was down to Lexus expecting it to be the more popular model & therefore had ramped up preproduction for it.

I installed Lexus link a few weeks later & my car appeared on it with the status of "order in progress".

Knowing it could take a year I didn't ask for updates, just assuming I'd hear when the time came. A month or so ago not having heard any news I did some Google searches & came upon this forum.

So I was a little irritated to read several posts where delivery was either expected or had happened for orders placed after mine. I emailed the CR at Lexus & the same afternoon my dealership phoned me. 

I was told my car was due to be started in three days the Lexus Link App should update to reflect this. As you can imagine I was pretty happy to hear this. Sure enough one morning I checked the App & the car was now "build in progress". Two weeks later it changed to "left the factory"

The Dealer phoned me yesterday & said they expected the car around the middle to end of May & he would call back at the end of April with a further update. I asked about some of the problems experienced by other forum users & was told they fully expected my car to have mud flaps, 360 camera & 2 key fobs.

So all in all it will have taken a little over 13 months to get the car assuming nothing goes wrong between now & then.

I have no doubt my experience is shared with many of you & I hope it also gives others an insight of what to expect.

I'll post again when I pick it up, fingers crossed.

Hello, 

my NX350h (awd, full spec excl. sunroof) was ordered early February 2022. Original delivery date 8/22, postponed to 10/22, then to 4/23 and now latest information is 8/23, but still without guarantee as the build date is not fixed. This is info from my dealer from last week. It´s quite frustrating, honestly I have lost my trust in the dates they tell to me. I know the dealer cannot influence that, but still..

Reading the last pages here it seems I belong to those waiting longest, either bad luck, or preference put on another markets, or I don´t know. 

1 hour ago, Shanee said:

Hello, 

my NX350h (awd, full spec excl. sunroof) was ordered early February 2022. Original delivery date 8/22, postponed to 10/22, then to 4/23 and now latest information is 8/23, but still without guarantee as the build date is not fixed. This is info from my dealer from last week. It´s quite frustrating, honestly I have lost my trust in the dates they tell to me. I know the dealer cannot influence that, but still..

Reading the last pages here it seems I belong to those waiting longest, either bad luck, or preference put on another markets, or I don´t know. 

I'm sorry to hear this and I completely understand your frustration, given you're three months even further along than me. We can both relate to receiving no progression reports other than very rough ETAs which are always subject to change. Like yourself, my own estimated date at the moment is mid-August, but I have absolutely no faith that will be the case. 

Waiting a year or so really isn't so much an issue if people at Lexus actually kept us informed with more rock-solid information as they clearly have with others. I am perfectly fine with the wait, it's what's not happening which bothers me. For some reason, there are certain orders for NX350h's out there which they appear to have no intention to fulfill. Semi-conductor issues seem to apply some orders, but not others...and they don't seem to understand or know how to answer questions from people like ourselves who have also paid their deposits but seem to always be remaining at the back of the queue without any hope given that we will ever receive our cars. I did ask Lexus some pretty specific questions as to why some are waiting notably longer than others for similar specs, but it's a question they've very much ignoring from my own experience of their responses. It's all very well in them apologising for the frustration caused, but that's no good to those like ourselves who are seeing build dates and delivery dates given elsewhere, whilst we can't even get so much beyond a very rough ETA - which is subject to change. It's as if we've just ordered the car. 

With the reply I've had today (which tells me nothing more than what I already knew - they've ignored all my specific questions and points), I'm going to have a long think over the next week or two as to what to do. I will absolutely be looking out for other options now as it's quite clear to me they have no desire in clearing long-standing orders. If, at the end of May, when my own waiting time for any progress is up to twelve months and it's me having to do all the legwork in chasing once more with no firm information over how it's progressing, I'm going to have to seriously consider walking away from it and getting my deposit back.

I may very well calm down over the coming days and this is just me 'blabbing away' before the dust settles (and I'll happily admit to that if that will be the case), but I'm genuinely annoyed by that one paragraph I've had back from them today. I'm really not in a good place with this, now. 

5 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

You might be right but some features take a little time to percolate through the system and to show up. How long has it been since you added your vehicle? As I have my car, I no longer have the 'track my order' option but I don't remember having any trouble finding it. My beef was with the misleading wording Lexus uses during the process ( I think I've made a couple of posts on this, one on 25th February).

I only added it yesterday to be fair, so may take a while to feed through. I emailed the dealer for more info, she says it's been shipped but cant provide me with the name of the ship to track . . . 

Hi Gary, I have also ordered a NX350h Takumi like yourself, mine ordered on 12th Feb 22, so 14 months now.

Below is the response from Lexus customer relations I had on the 6th March 23:-

"Dear Michael

Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

With the changes that are currently being implemented it has unfortunately taken some time to get confirmation of the information you were requesting.

I can now advise that your vehicle order will definitely be a MY24 when it does get matched, meaning it will benefit from the new specification.  However, we have still not been able to get a matched or confirmed build date for your order and have been advised that based on your order position in the queue for the NX Takumi model, realistically we are now looking at an estimated delivery date of around October 2023. (could be subject to change)."

I also asked another query to which they replied on the 29th March 23:-

"Thank you for your further email regarding your NX350h Takumi order.  The MY24 will mainly be as per the order you have placed but will benefit from some minor enhancements, including NanoeX air conditioning.

However, in answer to the questions you specifically raised, I have received the following confirmation from our Product Department: 

• 1) Will Remote Parking via the app will be available?   This is to be determined and confirmed closer to the launch date, so for now no.
    2) Will the Drive Recorder function (integrated dash cam using the front and rear cameras) be available?      No– but an accessory dash cam is available.
    3) Are the 20" wheels now fitted with standard tyres instead of run flat tyres?      No"

I hope that the above might throw some light on the Takumi delays / specification etc.

22 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I'm sorry to hear this and I completely understand your frustration, given you're three months even further along than me. We can both relate to receiving no progression reports other than very rough ETAs which are always subject to change. Like yourself, my own estimated date at the moment is mid-August, but I have absolutely no faith that will be the case. 

Waiting a year or so really isn't so much an issue if people at Lexus actually kept us informed with more rock-solid information as they clearly have with others. I am perfectly fine with the wait, it's what's not happening which bothers me. For some reason, there are certain orders for NX350h's out there which they appear to have no intention to fulfill. Semi-conductor issues seem to apply some orders, but not others...and they don't seem to understand or know how to answer questions from people like ourselves who have also paid their deposits but seem to always be remaining at the back of the queue without any hope given that we will ever receive our cars. I did ask Lexus some pretty specific questions as to why some are waiting notably longer than others for similar specs, but it's a question they've very much ignoring from my own experience of their responses. It's all very well in them apologising for the frustration caused, but that's no good to those like ourselves who are seeing build dates and delivery dates given elsewhere, whilst we can't even get so much beyond a very rough ETA - which is subject to change. It's as if we've just ordered the car. 

With the reply I've had today (which tells me nothing more than what I already knew - they've ignored all my specific questions and points), I'm going to have a long think over the next week or two as to what to do. I will absolutely be looking out for other options now as it's quite clear to me they have no desire in clearing long-standing orders. If, at the end of May, when my own waiting time for any progress is up to twelve months and it's me having to do all the legwork in chasing once more with no firm information over how it's progressing, I'm going to have to seriously consider walking away from it and getting my deposit back.

I may very well calm down over the coming days and this is just me 'blabbing away' before the dust settles (and I'll happily admit to that if that will be the case), but I'm genuinely annoyed by that one paragraph I've had back from them today. I'm really not in a good place with this, now. 

Waiting is not the biggest issue, we all know the issues the industry is facing. For me the point is communication, this makes me crazy. I work for a company belonging to Toyota group, supplying all their OEM plants in Europe, I think I know quite well their expectations from suppliers, accent on customer first approach, perfect communication especially if any issues etc. All the supply chain is strongly requested to comply this philosophy, which I honestly like. But in my opinion it doesn´t work at the end of the chain, at the end customer interface. Communication is far different there, keeping silence rather than bad news first, vague uncertain phrases..  This devalues all which otherwise works quite well, I think.

I too ordered an NX350 Takumi way back in February 2022 and having become frustrated at the delays I emailed Lexus CS last weekend,

To their credit I received a response the next day (this was the Easter weekend remember) however the response as shown below adds little encouragement to those of us waiting for this model.

Thank you for your email regarding your vehicle orders. We are very thankful for your patience and custom whilst we work towards the production and supply of your vehicle order.

We sincerely apologise for any delays that are occurring. As you may be aware, the whole motor industry is facing unprecedented challenges when it comes to the supply of vehicles and parts.
Regrettably we have seen disruption to our supply and production of cars, logistics and the movement of raw materials. These issues have had a knock-on impact on product capacity in Japan.

Regrettably I cannot comment on the conversations you have held with the sales staff at your Lexus Centre. I referred your enquiry onto the Sales Management of Lexus Sidcup to ensure your comments are highlighted with them, and requested that you are updated with any information related to your vehicle order in the near future.

The Takumi model of NX is also the highest specification Lexus offer, and utilises the largest amount of components required for production. It is therefore, one of the most impacted in terms of requiring additional components.

I am sorry to confirm that we cannot provide exact dates of any kind. We presently offer estimates as to when we can expect vehicle production to be allocated with our orders.
Lexus have been affected by last minute and unforeseen changes to our production allocation in recent months from the factories, which is entirely unsatisfactory however unavoidable for us. This is not just a Lexus issue, but an industry wide situation impacted by a large number of factors external to Lexus control.

We therefore presently offer production month estimations with shipping estimates. Once a vehicle is produced and allocated shipping, we can begin to narrow down on the anticipated ETA for your orders and support you with clearer information.

We sincerely thank you for your continued patience, and I appreciate that this email carries further disappointment. We are not in a position to offer any specific dates and feel it would be inappropriate for us to do so in the current climate. For this I do apologise and trust that I have explained the reasons for this.

5 hours ago, FJN said:

I only added it yesterday to be fair, so may take a while to feed through. I emailed the dealer for more info, she says it's been shipped but cant provide me with the name of the ship to track . . . 

I would ask again. Initially I was told by my (junior) salesman that he didn't think he could get this information but after pointing out that many on this forum had been given the ship by their dealer, he went away to check and came back a couple of days later with the ship name. Meanwhile, I looked up all the ships out of Nagoya for my 'Build Complete' date (the car can sit in the compound for several days after it has actually rolled off the production line; the app only changes from 'Build started' when the vehicle is on the ship). A long list of 204 vessels that I then whittled down to 12 that were listed as vehicle carriers. Some were quickly eliminated as I plotted their progress because they were going in the wrong direction, leaving 2 or 3 to follow. I then got the information from the dealer; which was just as well as it wasn't one of the ships I was tracking! A lot of detective work involved and I obviously failed the final exam (because 'my' ship was listed as a cargo carrier and I had erroneously eliminated it when I initially whittled the list down) but it was an interesting exercise/puzzle (if you like that sort of thing).

On 4/7/2023 at 4:29 PM, NiCoRe said:

I do not know car companies that are building cars in a pure first come / first serve model.
They usually try to predict the mix of  RHD / LHD cars + trims and options they will have to produce and organize production (and procurement) to meet these forecasts. 
Ordering a statistically "rare" combination will set you in a specific waiting list or even a "special order" which must be squeezed into the production schedule

Europe is seen by Lexus as a priority market for 450H+ .

Glad to hear that your order is finally settled 😄 my order from March 2022 in Sweden is still pending and no build slot in a foreseeable future. Sales said “ it seems to have been delayed to October “ but he doesn’t know if that’s going to be pushed back again … 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chance521 said:

Glad to hear that your order is finally settled 😄 my order from March 2022 in Sweden is still pending and no build slot in a foreseeable future. Sales said “ it seems to have been delayed to October “ but he doesn’t know if that’s going to be pushed back again … 

Thanks

I keep fingers crossed for you. I see that Lexus Sweden is as accurate and reliable as Lexus France. March 22 order should be a late may mid june delivery unless Sweden has a very small share of européen allocations. 

• Thanks 1

Update on my June 2022 order of a NX450. Last week they informed me that the build had started. Here’s hoping I will still get it within the 2nd time frame that they give me and have it by May🫣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

Update on my June 2022 order of a NX450. Last week they informed me that the build had started. Here’s hoping I will still get it within the 2nd time frame that they give me and have it by May🫣

If build has just started, it should take 2 to 3 weeks to be completed and ferried to the port. Add a 4 weeks navigation and 3 weeks to reach dealership and delivered to you.
Mid to end June seems a more accurate prediction (and I do not want to rain on your parade 😇). A 12 months waiting time is a pretty good one in these days and age

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NiCoRe said:

If build has just started, it should take 2 to 3 weeks to be completed and ferried to the port. Add a 4 weeks navigation and 3 weeks to reach dealership and delivered to you.
Mid to end June seems a more accurate prediction (and I do not want to rain on your parade 😇). A 12 months waiting time is a pretty good one in these days and age

Sorry but I think Nicolas is correct with a more realistic date.

My NX450 started build late March and “Left the Factory” on 5th April. ( 2 week build)  My dealership have said it may be available end of May or might be early June. So I think mid to late June is more realistic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Harry !

Your car may be on the Morning Calypso currently in the Red Sea making its way to Suez Canal. It is scheduled for docking in Portbury early May 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, HMT said:

Sorry but I think Nicolas is correct with a more realistic date.

My NX450 started build late March and “Left the Factory” on 5th April. ( 2 week build)  My dealership have said it may be available end of May or might be early June. So I think mid to late June is more realistic

I know you are right with the timing but I would like to dream that Lexus’s delivery date will come true. 😁

I seem to be in the same position as everyone else. I ordered my NX350H F Sport at the end of May 2022 and was given a delivery date of April/May 2023. An image of the car appeared almost immediately in my garage on the Lexus app. It’s still showing as pending. The only information I’ve had is when I’ve prompt Lexus Bristol. Each time I’ve spoke to them the April/May date was confirmed.  

I was aware that it takes about a week to build and then about 6 weeks to get here from Japan. I started chasing again at the beginning of April. On Thursday I was told some vague sounding date of October. October seems to be quite a common date on the forums so not sure if it’s real or not.

I’m as wound up about the lack of information from Lexus and the dealership as much as I am about the non-car. Most of the people I got to know at the centre over the last six years have gone and there’s been two changes of ownership. I wonder if this is the cause of poor communications.

My current NX is three in September so I’ll have to service and MOT it. I bought it on a PCP so I’ll have to re-finance it. I was told when I ordered 16 months was more than enough time. 

The other thing I notice is that they appear to be taking orders again. The Lexus web-site is quoting a delivery date of 2024 Q2.

I understand the frustration which I shared. The dealer communication was very poor. I took delivery last week. The car is everything I'd hoped. It is fantastic. Keep the faith. NX350h, AWD, Premium pack.

So.. I placed my order for 450h+ in August 2022. Delivery expected at the time was March 2023. Since then it has consistently slipped to my utter frustration. Spoke to the dealer today and build is now expected in July and delivery in September.

No one can give me an iron promise that these new dates will hold. He said that I am in a 'better' position since many other orders during the same order time have slipped into January 2024.

Somehow I was keeping myself hopeful but rational part of me is asking now to explore other options - and soon...

On 4/14/2023 at 12:32 PM, NiCoRe said:

The wait is (almost) over 

My sales rep called me during lunchtime (and you know that it is pretty important stuff when someone calls you during lunch in France). 
My long awaiten 450h+ will be at dealership next wednesday and ready for delivery for saturday 22nd 

Happy !

Happy for you! Hoping mine is not far behind yours!! Enjoy the anticipation and let us know when you are behind the wheel at last!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links