Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Well folks, I could potentially have some positive news to share at long last. Last Thursday afternoon I had a voicemail message on my phone (sadly I couldn’t get to it in time, being in work…) from the same pleasant lady who called me before. Basically, she advised that my NX350h Takumi has been ‘confirmed’ to be getting built on the ‘next production run’ which is at some point next month. She says that should mean it should be at the dealers by the back end of August – which means I could collect in early September for the new ‘73’ plate. She said she will get in touch with my dealer after calling me to get them to basically update me with this news and update me more regularly. (Updating me without me having to do all the legwork first and doing something off their own backs for once would be welcome…). 

Obviously it’s still all ‘estimates’ rather than actual build dates/slots which are informed to others, but at least it’s the first sign, in almost an entire year, that something is actually moving forwards with my order. Obviously as my existing contract on my UX ends in September, I’m probably going to have to extend it for a month to cover logistics (if these estimates can be relied upon…and remember this is the fifth estimated date I’ve had), or I might ask for a three month extension given the zero confidence I have in the company given my experiences since this order was placed. 

So, it’s taken almost exactly a year to not get a build slot/date – but a build ‘month’. I don’t know quite how common this is and without having to go back many pages on this thread, haven’t fellow members with NX’s on order had information on actual dates or slots their cars were produced? Maybe I’ve just dreamt that…  

So yes, I was given this information by Customer Relations on Thursday afternoon and guess what….there’s still complete radio silence from the dealer. I think that tells you all you need to know. No call. No text. No e-mail. No nothing, so far. 🙄 

So in hindsight, maybe I should have used the word ‘cancel’ a few months ago, when it seems things were moving quite nicely on many other orders – with the likes of ours seemingly ignored or pushed to the back of the queue again. It’s something I’ll still be pushing for an answer for, beyond dealer level. Not just in my own case, but for others. It’s simply not fair when we’ve all paid our deposits and it’s clear to me the factory is being rather selective over what orders they want to build. I’m particularly annoyed for those who have been waiting even longer than myself. 

It appears to have been the case and as I just said, in hindsight maybe I should have done this earlier - but it really shouldn't have to take threats of cancellation for them to get round to giving you a build 'month' a year after placing an order. 

What I would do, if I was to cancel, would be to look at pre-registered, ex-demo cars which are already physically there. I wouldn't order 'from scratch' again as indeed, I'd be back to square one. 

Fingers crossed on yours. If I have to be honest, I have no faith in my NX being built next month - given I know we have members who ordered theirs three months earlier than mine and they've only just gone into build. Something seems 'off' with this date but indeed, we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know who the Sales Manager at my dealer is. I can hardly remember what my salesman looks and sounds like to be honest...  

It isn't so much the wait which bothers me, it's factors around it which do. For instance, the complete lack of updates from the dealer or assurance that things are progressing. It's good to hear some dealers are giving weekly updates. I wouldn't even mind just a fortnightly update. Even once a month - just something rather than absolutely nothing at all. Not even a phone call - a quick couple of lines on an e-mail would suffice. Another factor is what I'll extend upon below - and that's having to extend finance on your existing car. Tricky to do when you're having to literally 'fight' to get scraps of information which provide little in the way of shedding light on the subject.

I completely agree. A lot of people, especially with younger cars, don't own them outright these days. 

I don't think it's fair that, in my case of ordering my NX some 15+ months before my existing contract expires, you should be scrabbling around looking for when your new car will be built (never mind arriving at the dealer...) as your existing contract is about to come to an end. It hasn't been a 'last minute' order.  

Before I even collect my NX, the dealer has still got to take a look at my car to see what positive equity there is on it - and only then can I begin to sort out the finance to know exactly what I'll be paying. This is something my salesman has refused to do until we get 'closer to the time'. 

I don't like doing things 'in a blur'. I like to be prepared. The logistics of this particular trade in is just an absolute logistical nightmare - due to a complete lack of updates/information from the dealer. Obviously we can't blame them for long lead times, but my own particular dealer has done me no favours at all when it comes to this.

Given my experiences of no communication with my dealer (other than if I've chased first...), this doesn't surprise me in the least. This is why I'm considering a three month extension to my UX contract, rather than just one month. I have no faith in what I'm being told and with additional delays like this, I could end up without a car - not knowing when I'll receive the new one. I know full well the dealer will be in no rush in sorting out the situation. 

In reply to your query on build month - yes that is what I was given by Lexus CS ( nothing from dealership) in Jan I was  told “build in April and delivery during June.”  They hit the build date and car is now in the black hole known as Derby but should still get early June?

2 hours ago, Gary H said:

Well folks, I could potentially have some positive news to share at long last. Last Thursday afternoon I had a voicemail message on my phone (sadly I couldn’t get to it in time, being in work…) from the same pleasant lady who called me before. Basically, she advised that my NX350h Takumi has been ‘confirmed’ to be getting built on the ‘next production run’ which is at some point next month. She says that should mean it should be at the dealers by the back end of August – which means I could collect in early September for the new ‘73’ plate. She said she will get in touch with my dealer after calling me to get them to basically update me with this news and update me more regularly. (Updating me without me having to do all the legwork first and doing something off their own backs for once would be welcome…). 

Obviously it’s still all ‘estimates’ rather than actual build dates/slots which are informed to others, but at least it’s the first sign, in almost an entire year, that something is actually moving forwards with my order. Obviously as my existing contract on my UX ends in September, I’m probably going to have to extend it for a month to cover logistics (if these estimates can be relied upon…and remember this is the fifth estimated date I’ve had), or I might ask for a three month extension given the zero confidence I have in the company given my experiences since this order was placed. 

So, it’s taken almost exactly a year to not get a build slot/date – but a build ‘month’. I don’t know quite how common this is and without having to go back many pages on this thread, haven’t fellow members with NX’s on order had information on actual dates or slots their cars were produced? Maybe I’ve just dreamt that…  

So yes, I was given this information by Customer Relations on Thursday afternoon and guess what….there’s still complete radio silence from the dealer. I think that tells you all you need to know. No call. No text. No e-mail. No nothing, so far. 🙄 

So in hindsight, maybe I should have used the word ‘cancel’ a few months ago, when it seems things were moving quite nicely on many other orders – with the likes of ours seemingly ignored or pushed to the back of the queue again. It’s something I’ll still be pushing for an answer for, beyond dealer level. Not just in my own case, but for others. It’s simply not fair when we’ve all paid our deposits and it’s clear to me the factory is being rather selective over what orders they want to build. I’m particularly annoyed for those who have been waiting even longer than myself. 

It appears to have been the case and as I just said, in hindsight maybe I should have done this earlier - but it really shouldn't have to take threats of cancellation for them to get round to giving you a build 'month' a year after placing an order. 

What I would do, if I was to cancel, would be to look at pre-registered, ex-demo cars which are already physically there. I wouldn't order 'from scratch' again as indeed, I'd be back to square one. 

Fingers crossed on yours. If I have to be honest, I have no faith in my NX being built next month - given I know we have members who ordered theirs three months earlier than mine and they've only just gone into build. Something seems 'off' with this date but indeed, we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know who the Sales Manager at my dealer is. I can hardly remember what my salesman looks and sounds like to be honest...  

It isn't so much the wait which bothers me, it's factors around it which do. For instance, the complete lack of updates from the dealer or assurance that things are progressing. It's good to hear some dealers are giving weekly updates. I wouldn't even mind just a fortnightly update. Even once a month - just something rather than absolutely nothing at all. Not even a phone call - a quick couple of lines on an e-mail would suffice. Another factor is what I'll extend upon below - and that's having to extend finance on your existing car. Tricky to do when you're having to literally 'fight' to get scraps of information which provide little in the way of shedding light on the subject.

I completely agree. A lot of people, especially with younger cars, don't own them outright these days. 

I don't think it's fair that, in my case of ordering my NX some 15+ months before my existing contract expires, you should be scrabbling around looking for when your new car will be built (never mind arriving at the dealer...) as your existing contract is about to come to an end. It hasn't been a 'last minute' order.  

Before I even collect my NX, the dealer has still got to take a look at my car to see what positive equity there is on it - and only then can I begin to sort out the finance to know exactly what I'll be paying. This is something my salesman has refused to do until we get 'closer to the time'. 

I don't like doing things 'in a blur'. I like to be prepared. The logistics of this particular trade in is just an absolute logistical nightmare - due to a complete lack of updates/information from the dealer. Obviously we can't blame them for long lead times, but my own particular dealer has done me no favours at all when it comes to this.

Given my experiences of no communication with my dealer (other than if I've chased first...), this doesn't surprise me in the least. This is why I'm considering a three month extension to my UX contract, rather than just one month. I have no faith in what I'm being told and with additional delays like this, I could end up without a car - not knowing when I'll receive the new one. I know full well the dealer will be in no rush in sorting out the situation. 

We would never have put an order in for our new NX unless we had a deal in place first?! We ordered 30th September 22 and price was locked in (just before they all went up on 1st October 22). Can't believe your being made to wait until delivered. 

1 hour ago, HMT said:

In reply to your query on build month - yes that is what I was given by Lexus CS ( nothing from dealership) in Jan I was  told “build in April and delivery during June.”  They hit the build date and car is now in the black hole known as Derby but should still get early June?

I can understand the manufacturing delays.

We have to accept the time for shipping the cars to the UK.

Difficult to understand the "black hole known as Derby". Surely Lexus UK should be trying their best to get these cars out to the customers as quickly as possible.

5 hours ago, HMT said:

Fair enough - I shall stand down off my 'high horse' on that one...! I couldn't honestly remember if people were given just a build 'month' or an actual date/slot. I thought I saw people given information on actual slots but I could very well have just dreamt that! I'm happy to stand corrected. 

Your experience is the same as mine then - Customer Relations have given me a month, whilst the dealers remain stubbornly silent. 

4 hours ago, Deb said:

We would never have put an order in for our new NX unless we had a deal in place first?! We ordered 30th September 22 and price was locked in (just before they all went up on 1st October 22). Can't believe your being made to wait until delivered. 

Hi Deb. Just to clarify my price is also locked on my May '22 order. What hasn't been sorted is the actual finance/what I'll be paying per month. We just went over very rough figures to give me an idea. To be fair to the salesman on this occasion, I was told this right on day one of the order. I also clarified with him for a second time that my 'total price' would remain locked back in October when the prices did go up. 

He hasn't given me a trade in value on my UX yet. I would have thought given extended lead times, there would be some arrangement (i.e - showing a bit of understanding and goodwill gesture over the infuriating wait) but alas not. He said he could only hold the price for three months. Given Customer Relations have advised my NX is going to be built next month, then surely the dealer should be able to value my car sometime within the next month...(?) Until such time, I can't properly look into the finance for the new NX. Similarly, I can't sort any contract extension on my existing UX (ending in September) which Lexus Finance is chasing me up on, until I know when the NX is going to finally turn up at the dealers.

They're both Catch-22 situations which the dealer certainly have offered no help to me with. 

Hi,

Does anyone have a direct contact for anyone at Lexus customer services? Emailed the generic email and a week on I've still not had any response. Not very optimistic of getting my car on the revised delivery date of 29th. 

Thanks,

6 minutes ago, FJN said:

Hi,

Does anyone have a direct contact for anyone at Lexus customer services? Emailed the generic email and a week on I've still not had any response. Not very optimistic of getting my car on the revised delivery date of 29th. 

Thanks,

For some reason most companies nowadays do NOT want us to be able to phone them and talk to a human. Very annoying.

Hopefully someone has a number...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

For some reason most companies nowadays do NOT want us to be able to phone them and talk to a human. Very annoying.

Hopefully someone has a number...

Earlier in the process my contact at Lexus told me she couldn't provide me with an update as she was 'in an office' and had 'no way' of contacting the factory in Japan  😂

28 minutes ago, FJN said:

Earlier in the process my contact at Lexus told me she couldn't provide me with an update as she was 'in an office' and had 'no way' of contacting the factory in Japan  😂

It is amazing the "rubbish" that the general public has to put up with 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FJN said:

Not Lexus, but I was once told by the Virgin Complaints Department that they "do not deal through the medium of voice" (by email, obviously)!

Needless to say, I no longer have any Virgin products or services.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great news - my NX 450H has arrived at my dealership this evening !!!!!!!

Landed at Portbury on 5th May, so looks like the delays at Derby are improving- under 3 weeks which included a Bank Hol

No info on any "bits" missing (mud flaps, locking nuts, key fobs etc) - will let you all know when I do

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HMT said:

Great news - my NX 450H has arrived at my dealership this evening !!!!!!!

Landed at Portbury on 5th May, so looks like the delays at Derby are improving- under 3 weeks which included a Bank Hol

No info on any "bits" missing (mud flaps, locking nuts, key fobs etc) - will let you all know when I do

Great news 😀

I could live without mud flaps and locking wheel nuts 😃

• Like 1

Things are moving quicker, had update yesterday on the app saying 'left the factory ' - at last!

I think it is on the Marvelous Ace which departed yesterday morning.

NX350h Takumi 

Ordered 12/02/22

In Build 03/05/23

Left Factory 24/05/23

Due to Dock at Portbury 24/06/23

Then it will disappear into the Derby black hole for a few weeks.

Overall, now happy it's coming. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

Theres a lot of NX moving through the PDI place this week. Hundreds.

Hopefully this continues 😀

5 minutes ago, Chance521 said:

Got this update in my app today, build should start soon… it’s been 14 months since order was placed.

IMG_2923.png

Hi Chance, my app showed what you are now seeing for 15 days before it changed to 'Build in progress ', so not too long now for you to wait for start of build.

• Thanks 1

Just now, imgo said:

Hi Chance, my app showed what you are now seeing for 15 days before it changed to 'Build in progress ', so not too long now for you to wait for start of build.

Wow, i start countdown now 😄 can’t wait.

• Like 1

I have been quiet about my vehicle delivery over the past few months due to a false 'gone to build and In Transit alert' sent by Lexus Customer Services through the App,  only then to have them cancel that notification with no explanation or reason.  Zero Communication from Lexus themselves and since then I was not sure if the informationj I was getting from the Lexus app was accurate.  Even my dealer was frustrated and did share the internal Compass system correspondence with me at all stages.  I cannot complain at the dealer here...  more on this later under another thread.

Anyway,  I collected my NX450H+ F-sport in Sonic Titanium today and I am over the moon with the vehicle.

Given the common topics and discussion points in this thread, and for those that are interested in the nitty gritty details:

Order Details

• NX450H+ F-sport Premium Plus in Sonic Titanium
  • Front and Rear Dash Cam
  • Protection Pack
  • Roof Bars + Roof Box
  • Tow Bar

Delivery

• Orderred 15th May 2022
  • Build date Mid-March 2023
  • Shipped 29th March 2023
  • Vessel Name : Morning Clarie
  • Arrived Portbury 28th April 2023
  • Arrived Derby 4th May 2023
  • Arrived Dealership (Southampton) 22nd May 2023
  • Collected 26th May 2023.

Status on key items

• The vehicle is MY24
  • Single Key Fob provided  (2nd Key Fob to be provided 'Eventually')
  • Keyfobs are 'UWB'
  • Car does include NanoeX
  • Dash Cam Front and Rear has been fitted.
  • Tow Bar Fully Fitted.  ( I believe this does disable the kick sensor option - still trying to verify)
  • Protection Pack including Mud Flaps and  Rear bumper PPF strip all fitted
  • Roof Bars and Roof Box OK (Despite Lexus shipping the wrong colour)
  • Locking wheel bolts not fitted (to be provided 'eventually')

Notes

• The Tow bar is very discrete and is recessed when not used.  I have included a picture below as I have not see any previous images of an NX Phase II of how the TB looks.  There is a cut out in the bumper skirt which can be seen from underneath.

• The HUD does not work with my Polarised Oakley's

Pictures

962453636_NXVehicleImage1redactedsmall.thumb.png.2c853820ef049e8899b7e91f2ac20d82.png1162842268_NXVehicleImage2redactedsmall.thumb.png.84e676d43dcfa832dd0b543a7d17fc62.png

936934826_NXVehicleImage3TowBarsmall.thumb.jpg.1067f685104bd4ad01dab9786c777f64.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Hillie said:

Dash Cam Front and Rear has been fitted.

which dash cam did they fit? is this something you had to order beforehand?

Peter

7 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

which dash cam did they fit? is this something you had to order beforehand?

Peter

Peter, 

It was the NextBase Model 380GWX Rear Cam Bundle.  I orderred this through the dealer but did not have any say on what model they would source.

25 minutes ago, Hillie said:

I have been quiet about my vehicle delivery over the past few months due to a false 'gone to build and In Transit alert' sent by Lexus Customer Services through the App,  only then to have them cancel that notification with no explanation or reason.  Zero Communication from Lexus themselves and since then I was not sure if the informationj I was getting from the Lexus app was accurate.  Even my dealer was frustrated and did share the internal Compass system correspondence with me at all stages.  I cannot complain at the dealer here...  more on this later under another thread.

Anyway,  I collected my NX450H+ F-sport in Sonic Titanium today and I am over the moon with the vehicle.

Given the common topics and discussion points in this thread, and for those that are interested in the nitty gritty details:

Order Details

• NX450H+ F-sport Premium Plus in Sonic Titanium
  • Front and Rear Dash Cam
  • Protection Pack
  • Roof Bars + Roof Box
  • Tow Bar

Delivery

• Orderred 15th May 2022
  • Build date Mid-March 2023
  • Shipped 29th March 2023
  • Vessel Name : Morning Clarie
  • Arrived Portbury 28th April 2023
  • Arrived Derby 4th May 2023
  • Arrived Dealership (Southampton) 22nd May 2023
  • Collected 26th May 2023.

Status on key items

• The vehicle is MY24
  • Single Key Fob provided  (2nd Key Fob to be provided 'Eventually')
  • Keyfobs are 'UWB'
  • Car does include NanoeX
  • Dash Cam Front and Rear has been fitted.
  • Tow Bar Fully Fitted.  ( I believe this does disable the kick sensor option - still trying to verify)
  • Protection Pack including Mud Flaps and  Rear bumper PPF strip all fitted
  • Roof Bars and Roof Box OK (Despite Lexus shipping the wrong colour)
  • Locking wheel bolts not fitted (to be provided 'eventually')

Notes

• The Tow bar is very discrete and is recessed when not used.  I have included a picture below as I have not see any previous images of an NX Phase II of how the TB looks.  There is a cut out in the bumper skirt which can be seen from underneath.

• The HUD does not work with my Polarised Oakley's

Pictures

962453636_NXVehicleImage1redactedsmall.thumb.png.2c853820ef049e8899b7e91f2ac20d82.png1162842268_NXVehicleImage2redactedsmall.thumb.png.84e676d43dcfa832dd0b543a7d17fc62.png

936934826_NXVehicleImage3TowBarsmall.thumb.jpg.1067f685104bd4ad01dab9786c777f64.jpg

Looks great - I have gone for the same colour!
mine is at dealership getting ready for collection next week.  Got the dealership to take some photos, has mud flaps, but could see there were no locking wheel nuts on. The inside shows the MY24 build. No mention from dealership about what’s missing.

the HUD will not work with any polarised sun glasses, I found that gradient lenses work best

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links