Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Research shows it costs more to run an EV on long journeys

Mr Vlad

On 1/22/2023 at 7:39 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Now now John don't be silly lol. There's actually Too much micro plastic in the sea that's its actually got into the food chain. 

What David mentioned earlier about synthetic petrol is stonking good news which I read about some months ago and forgot about, typical me lol. At that time there were a few doubts about it in the way of its production I think. There were some negative things but they were working on them. It'll be a great thing when it actually comes into fruition. 

Maybe you'll like this one better:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Telegraph reports that the gas-grid is being replaced with plastic pipes for hydrogen transportation and boilers will have to be able to run on hydrogen by 2026!

1 hour ago, flotsam said:

The Telegraph reports that the gas-grid is being replaced with plastic pipes for hydrogen transportation and boilers will have to be able to run on hydrogen by 2026!

I haven't seen the article, but if that's what they published I would have expected better from the Telegraph.

Facts:

New gas boilers will be banned (the Govt says) from 2025 but you will stiil be able to get replacements for existing.

Newer gas boilers can already be converted to run on hydrogen fairly easily.

We will not, by 2026, be able to produce enough hydrogen to run the whole gas grid on it.

Pilot projects are in place to run small areas on a hydrogen /natural gas mix as a trial.

Hydrogen has a much smaller calorific value than natural gas so for the same heating effect more hydrogen will have to be supplied. This will mean that either pipes will have to get bigger (unlikely)  or the pressure in the system will have to go up.

Gas pipes  have been replaced over a number of years with yellow plastic, not to make them ready for hydrogen but to replace the old steel pipes which are rotting. The yellow plastic may need some kind of treatment to stop the hydrogen leaking out through the structure of the pipe as hydrogen molecules are small enough to diffuse through some materials.

The amount of lazy reporting and plain misinformation being disseminated by the media is breathtaking and I think is being driven by people whose interests are best served by a change to heat pumps. (Which won't work for much of our housing stock)

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Yes John perhaps the CO2 that would come out of the cars still be the same as of fossil fuel cars But the point is they'd be true CO2 neutral which can't be a bad thing I feel. Maybe even the CO2 out of the cars running the efuel might be less than fossil fuel cars then ruddy hell its a win win for petrol heads like me 😁

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links