Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

11 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I looked at the stats and noticed that the 'without a/c' figure tends to change in small increments and is relatively stable whereas there are bigger and wilder fluctuations in the 'with a/c' figures. Not an unexpected finding as the software is trying to predict the range based on the occupants use of the heating and cooling systems and I guess this can vary quite a bit from drive to drive depending on time of day, number of occupants, outside air temperature, etc.

And I'm always messing about with stuff!! 

Sometimes air con on, sometimes off and sunroof open. Vented seats on different fan settings. I like to keep the software guessing!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My reading this morning 47.6/45.2 outside temp is currently 17c but the car is in early morning sun and likely to be warmer (its also black).

• Thanks 1

Latest result   43.4. /. 42.1  - slowly creeping up

did put a bit of a charge in while away from home - but the cost (77p/ kw) put me off doing a full charge.  So the run home started with zero ev miles, but got a respectable 47mpg from the ICE, with the hybrid helping out.. much better than with my “old” NX300h

• Thanks 2

Totally new to this, having taken delivery of my new 450h+ just last week. I noted the first charge of 40 and third charge this week of 41.1. Sorry did not note the AC figure but will start doing so from now on to be consistent with other entries on here. 

This thing just drives like a dream compared to my NX300h and I am loving it!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Today was my personal best so far, 48.2/46.7 not as high as some are achieving but not bad.

Malcolm

My guesstimate today is 57.3/53.8 which looks impressive, but I'm regularly losing 6-8 of those lower a/c miles when driving. If you only lose 1 or 2 our actuals will be very similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Malcolm

My guesstimate today is 57.3/53.8 which looks impressive, but I'm regularly losing 6-8 of those lower a/c miles when driving. If you only lose 1 or 2 our actuals will be very similar.

And as predicted I ended up achieving 45 miles today from the above guess. I'm wondering if it's my driving style that leaks so many miles?

But it took me 1 hour to travel 6.1 miles this morning at rush hour going in to Leeds. Then I had 2.2 mile and 3.3 mile journeys in moderate traffic at 20/30 mph.

Followed by 9.2 miles including a 60 mph blast up a hill on a dual carriageway, then 4.3 miles in rush hour in Bradford, followed by an 11.4 mile ride home to finish at 8pm leaving a range of 8.5 left.

Tonight's charge has resulted in a guess of 57.3/55. Tomorrow I'll be doing approx. 15 miles on motorway then 4 or 5 to my destination and back.

Let's see what I've got left when I get home after 30 miles at 70mph.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight’s charge is 43.7. /. 42.4.  (0.3 up for both)

only a few local journeys over the past few days so first charge for a few days - range seemed to drop off a bit faster today, all single track roads and only got up to 50 a couple of times.

will try and look at projected vs actual a bit more in future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

And as predicted I ended up achieving 45 miles today from the above guess. I'm wondering if it's my driving style that leaks so many miles?

But it took me 1 hour to travel 6.1 miles this morning at rush hour going in to Leeds. Then I had 2.2 mile and 3.3 mile journeys in moderate traffic at 20/30 mph.

Followed by 9.2 miles including a 60 mph blast up a hill on a dual carriageway, then 4.3 miles in rush hour in Bradford, followed by an 11.4 mile ride home to finish at 8pm leaving a range of 8.5 left.

Tonight's charge has resulted in a guess of 57.3/55. Tomorrow I'll be doing approx. 15 miles on motorway then 4 or 5 to my destination and back.

Let's see what I've got left when I get home after 30 miles at 70mph.

Did 38.1 miles with 6 remaining - 44.1 against 55.

Maybe the 70 mph sections and ventilated seats (being a little fat lad I love the ventilated seats in this weather!! 😅) have taken their toll?

Tonight's wild prediction is 57.3/55 again.

Please don't get me wrong, my moaning is meant to be a bit of a joke because I am still achieving nearly double what I could get from my Outlander PHEV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight's result 51.8/50.2 so edging higher. Actual today from previous charge was close on 48 from a predicted 50 which considering 50% of the journey was motorway is pretty good. Overall mileage now at 12600.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a query - is the ev range on the app the same as the range on the car? 

not being taking much notice of this, but this morning, after a charge showing ev range of 43.7 I reversed off the drive (about 20 yards) and as I put the car into drive looked down and the range showed 42. So 1.7 drop to reverse (slowly) 20 yards.  No ac etc

update - just driven back onto drive (another 20 yds) car still has range of 42 and just checked app and it’s now 43.3

Edited by HMT
Additional info

1 hour ago, HMT said:

Just a query - is the ev range on the app the same as the range on the car? 

not being taking much notice of this, but this morning, after a charge showing ev range of 43.7 I reversed off the drive (about 20 yards) and as I put the car into drive looked down and the range showed 42. So 1.7 drop to reverse (slowly) 20 yards.  No ac etc

update - just driven back onto drive (another 20 yds) car still has range of 42 and just checked app and it’s now 43.3

I've experienced similar small variations and they can go either way. Sometimes the EV range shown in the car drops off very quickly and sometimes it is much slower when compared to the actual distance driven. Lots of factors coming into play so I'm not at all worried about what the displays are predicting; I just know that the actual EV range is amongst the best for a PHEV and that keeps me smiling.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2023 at 7:40 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Did 38.1 miles with 6 remaining - 44.1 against 55.

Maybe the 70 mph sections and ventilated seats (being a little fat lad I love the ventilated seats in this weather!! 😅) have taken their toll?

Tonight's wild prediction is 57.3/55 again.

Please don't get me wrong, my moaning is meant to be a bit of a joke because I am still achieving nearly double what I could get from my Outlander PHEV.

Today I got 48 miles against the 55 guesstimate.

Tonight 57.5/55.2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've only had the vehicle for a week, today after a full charge the EV range with Aircon was 37 miles but I just ran out of electric power after 49 miles driving pretty conservatively. As a matter of interest the overall miles/kWh is now 3.5. I have just come from a RAV4 PHEV with the same battery/engine configuration as the 450H and was achieving around 3.7 miles/kWh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hayzee said:

I've only had the vehicle for a week, today after a full charge the EV range with Aircon was 37 miles but I just ran out of electric power after 49 miles driving pretty conservatively. As a matter of interest the overall miles/kWh is now 3.5. I have just come from a RAV4 PHEV with the same battery/engine configuration as the 450H and was achieving around 3.7 miles/kWh.

One careful driver, I’d say. Great technique!

• Like 1

42.2/40.1 such a slow creep upwards but I have not fully discharged except for once,  and this my fifth charge only. 250 mile round trip tomorrow so see what my weekend charge comes up with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hayzee said:

That's pretty good considering you're carrying around a petrol engine and associated bits too. With an EV you'd be getting a very good overall range with that kind of careful driving. I don't drive so careful and just have fun...

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links