Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner

tHomBleached

Well I'm finally back. I've finally made the jump up a size (previous IS200, IS250, IS300h) and now onto the ES!

Lexus Derby have been really good. Although the day I collected my ES I drove out the showroom down the road, went to pop my details in the sat nav and... There's no navigation button on the infotainment screen. Odd I think and turn around. I gingerly go back inside, feeling like my manhood is about to be handed to me as someone shows me a button I've failed to press

But no, salesperson says "it shouldn't do that" followed by two other tech guys saying "it shouldn't do that". In the end they just let me leave with a similar model on loan while they faulted.

That was almost two weeks ago. They've faulted it and awaiting a part (guessing the nav unit, curiously it did not read as any fault on OBD). In all my research I've found one instance of it happening on an ES -c£2k fix...ouch!

That aside, I'm very happy with the ES. Only two gripes so far (one I've overcome).

1) I changed phones and on the new phone Bluetooth audio would not give any ID3 info - I had to go into developer settings to change Bluetooth mode to 1.3 (pixels fault not Lexus)

2) no auto wipers? Seems an odd thing not to have, doesn't bother me too much though.

Anyway...hello 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

Congratulations,is this a new ES and what model?

Just the bog standard, I couldn't wait around for a premium pack one to turn up local to me (needed a new car imminently!). But it's got all the bells and whistles I'm used to (cooled seats and ML would have been nice like on my is300h f-sport but hey ho).

Same black paint as my IS - the one with the sparkly bits on it (no idea what it's called). I did make sure to get the alloy protection plan this time - costly mistake last time around.

Dealer told me it was £400 to fit android auto (!!) So I said no thanks, but he's going to fit it now while they've got my car by way of apology for the nav issue on day 1 - as well as paying any expenses for the last couple of weeks so I'm happy 😀

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed is about the LOC...it's rather quiet here these days. It was quite the hive of activity on the IS200 and 250 forums. Slightly quieter on the 300h but very very quiet here on ES.

If the amount of ES's I see on the road are an indication (not one have I seen) then I suppose that answers my question 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tHomBleached said:

One thing I have noticed is about the LOC...it's rather quiet here these days. It was quite the hive of activity on the IS200 and 250 forums. Slightly quieter on the 300h but very very quiet here on ES.

If the amount of ES's I see on the road are an indication (not one have I seen) then I suppose that answers my question 

We are a very discreet lot 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took a mate to Epsom Hospital today. Deep grief, 1st,  no designated Lexus parking bays!  Then the alloy wheel and coil spring destroying pot holes.  A very unpleasant experience. Good job they had an A&E for my elevated blood pressure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Still not seen any ESs on the road...

And I do around 400 miles a week down to Berkshire and back.

Here goes some Q's that I've not as yet found an answer to in the manual.

1) can the radar cruise control distance be set to minimum by default? It's a marginal annoyance to have to set this every time I turn on CC

2) Auto-wipers? I could have sworn they worked at some point on a journey (definitely didn't work on my loaner) but could be Mandela effect

3) android auto - auto start-up. Seems a bit hit and miss. If I've been using android auto recently and then get back in car it will automatically start-up, but sometimes I have to click the android auto button on the infotainment (despite the music from AA coming through) 

All first world problems for sure but thought I'd ask!

Not having an ES I can't help you with questions 1 and 2 but with regards to question 3 - there is an option within the Android Auto settings on your phone (usually listed under your phone's general settings) to control whether AA starts automatically when it connects to the car. The setting to look for is "Start Android Auto automatically". Might be worth taking a look at the selected option under there and change it if necessary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy B said:

Not having an ES I can't help you with questions 1 and 2 but with regards to question 3 - there is an option within the Android Auto settings on your phone (usually listed under your phone's general settings) to control whether AA starts automatically when it connects to the car. The setting to look for is "Start Android Auto automatically". Might be worth taking a look at the selected option under there and change it if necessary.

Yeah it's definitely on in the lexus infotainment and fairly sure it's on in the android side just wondered if anyone else had the issue ?

The specification seems to vary by year, but the base edition did not have rain sensing wipers in some years. The price list I have shows them being one of the upgrades included for the Premium Edition - other upgrades in the pack include privacy glass and heated steering wheel. If you haven't got either of those, then you probably haven't got auto wipers.

I'd be interested to know if there was a way of retaining the setting on the cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As it states in the handbook....

When weather conditions are bad 
enough that they may prevent the sensors from detecting correctly (fog, 
snow, sandstorm, heavy rain, etc.)
●When there is rain, snow, etc. on the 
front surface of the radar or front camera

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tHomBleached said:

Radar cruise control stopped working when it started snowing. Started working again as it stopped snowing - happened to anyone else?

My previous Lexus had its cruise cut out as soon as the wipers went full speed. I initially thought it was faulty but it is by design. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happened on the way back during the pretty heavy slush that was going on up the M40

I stopped to get fuel (this time the pre-crash detection was off as well!), looked at the badge where the sensors are and there was a perfect disc of ice (as well as the entire grill and number plate!)

Headlights were caked in ice/slush as well so gave it a going over before getting my wallet emptied by motorway services petrol and all was working once again.

I should have taken a picture of the perfect disc of ice over the badge as it was rather amusing - made me wonder what happens to ES owners in countries with permanent weather like yesterday 

57 minutes ago, tHomBleached said:

I should have taken a picture of the perfect disc of ice over the badge as it was rather amusing - made me wonder what happens to ES owners in countries with permanent weather like yesterday 

A good point well made. I would suggest a heated badge, along with heated washer jets.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 5:34 PM, cdmaskell said:

Took a mate to Epsom Hospital today. Deep grief, 1st,  no designated Lexus parking bays!  Then the alloy wheel and coil spring destroying pot holes.  A very unpleasant experience. Good job they had an A&E for my elevated blood pressure.

Colin.. They have a Dedicated Lexus Trauma Doctor at All A+E Departments However They only need to work 1  Day A Year..Thought you would have known That..!!!! Always Always Park Alongside Class cars..But You Knew That...!!!

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 10:12 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Colin.. They have a Dedicated Lexus Trauma Doctor at All A+E Departments However They only need to work 1  Day A Year..Thought you would have known That..!!!! Always Always Park Alongside Class cars..But You Knew That...!!!

Talking of which (kind of), I was doing a site wireless survey the other day. The chap from the wireless company was telling me about the installations he'd done recently for a large motor group. He said that the activity in the JLR service centres was frenetic, whereas (and he wasn't prompted) he said the Lexus service departments were almost dead. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Talking of which (kind of), I was doing a site wireless survey the other day. The chap from the wireless company was telling me about the installations he'd done recently for a large motor group. He said that the activity in the JLR service centres was frenetic, whereas (and he wasn't prompted) he said the Lexus service departments were almost dead. 

Not really my experience at Milton Keynes, they suggest the Relax warranty has made more people go for service making them quite busy.

2 hours ago, Alan305 said:

Not really my experience at Milton Keynes, they suggest the Relax warranty has made more people go for service making them quite busy.

I think he meant "frenetic" in a "full of very cross customers with faulty cars" way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links