Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F insurance

Just got a email with my renewal quote… 😂😂 thought it was a joke as it had gone up £120, 

nowt changed from last year except another years no claims and had a speeding conviction taking off as over 5yrs now since offence….

i understand ALL things go up in price but with extra year  NCB and fully clean license I wasn’t expecting a hype up  of 120

so declined the auto renewal and went elsewhere 

so now insured fully comp with missus as named driver for £270 (actually took initial quote for just me DOWN £50 by adding her)

and no she wont be driving it, shes too scared lol not of car but my reaction if she dunted it or kerbed it 

• Like 1

I must admit to using price comparison web sites for my insurance, lets face it they try their level best to worm their way out of any claim so I have no problem going with who is the best for price and cover.

• Like 1

I noticed this too, my renewal quote was nearly £250 higher. I'm also in the process of looking around, cheapest I've got so far is £440 but that's with bumping the excess up to £1000 and taking my partner off which in my case made it cheaper now.

You should feel fortunate though, some guys I've talked to are paying truly eye watering amounts, even for normal cars. £270 is still very cheap.

My 2 cars and house insurance renewed yesterday and in total I paid £1400 now instead of £1000 before:/ I changed admiral multicover to 2x Churchill and RAC.

The only difference is UK national breakdown cover with RAC for £110 both cars which I decided to take (upgrade from £70 for one car). 
I also have 14 years NCB, my wife earned 1st NCB, no claims. 

This year both insurances went up by about 16% for all the companies researched. When I queried this, despite an extra year's no-claims bonus I was told that it was due to the increased cost of repairs and medical claims generally across the UK.

IsF - £480 pa.

200t - £445 pa.   All the same excess, conditions, fully comp etc. 4 yrs NCB

BTW - house insurance reduced by £1.50 pa. 🤪

My renewal with LV went up a large amount too, I counteracted the increase by reducing the estimated mileage and increasing the voluntary excess.

Yes there were cheaper options on the comparison websites, but all companies I had never heard of or via brokers etc.

• Like 1

Admiral was still the cheapest in my case so I haven't needed to switch. Highly recommend people use the online chat with your company and ask them if there's anything they can do to bring the renewal quote down, they will usually give you a discount.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Admiral was still the cheapest in my case so I haven't needed to switch. Highly recommend people use the online chat with your company and ask them if there's anything they can do to bring the renewal quote down, they will usually give you a discount.

I usually do this but on principle I switched anyway. I can't stand the fact that they can magically give it to you lower if you you're leaving, but not just quote you that at the start. Yes I know about business, etc, but it annoys me 😂

1 hour ago, RichGS11 said:

I usually do this but on principle I switched anyway. I can't stand the fact that they can magically give it to you lower if you you're leaving, but not just quote you that at the start. Yes I know about business, etc, but it annoys me 😂

I agree, the practice of quoting you an extortionate figure for renewing your insurance has been stopped or at least I believe it was.

I read on a forum the other day that an insurance company refused to pay out a claim because the owner had a a paint protection film applied and didn't tell them, so a word of caution.

I was charged an extra £80 for the fact I'd had mine wrapped which is again a rip-off but hey-ho

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I agree, the practice of quoting you an extortionate figure for renewing your insurance has been stopped or at least I believe it was.

I read on a forum the other day that an insurance company refused to pay out a claim because the owner had a a paint protection film applied and didn't tell them, so a word of caution.

I was charged an extra £80 for the fact I'd had mine wrapped which is again a rip-off but hey-ho

Yeah I covered everything I've had done. Even miniscule pointless things. Someone I know said the same thing you did about PPE film. Couldn't quite believe it, but if they can get out of paying, they will!

Has this person with PPE been in the court against insurance company or just agreed to their first reply? 
I just took Royal Mail to small claim court few days ago because as a compensation of fully insured item damaged in transit I got 8x 1st class stamps and “apology” 🥳 Item worth £1150… 

As a principle I ALWAYS end up going with any insurers or “big” companies to court. 
I always won what I initially wanted or more. 
It just takes time, sometimes few years:/ 

How do you think they make their BILLIONS every single year?

Just by fobbing people off.

2 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Has this person with PPE been in the court against insurance company or just agreed to their first reply? 
I just took Royal Mail to small claim court few days ago because as a compensation of fully insured item damaged in transit I got 8x 1st class stamps and “apology” 🥳 Item worth £1150… 

As a principle I ALWAYS end up going with any insurers or “big” companies to court. 
I always won what I initially wanted or more. 
It just takes time, sometimes few years:/ 

How do you think they make their BILLIONS every single year?

Just by fobbing people off.

I guess their business model works on the fact that people mostly just drop their trousers rather than fight.

The PPF insurance issue I believe started on PH, but has been discussed on The GR forum too, different insurers have different opinions with Axa seemingly the culprits, and Admiral being more laissez faire:
ppf-voiding-insurance.3259

ppf-on-the-car-have-you-declared-it-with

My GSF has turned out to be one of the cheapest cars to insure that I've ever had. I guess thanks are in order to every one of you for not crashing, so there's very little data for them to go on regarding repair costs!

• 3 months later...

Anyone got any advice for a fellow GS F owner? My insurance renewal is £1200. 35 years old, 12 years no claims, no accidents or convictions in the last 5 years. Only do max 5,000 miles a year. What is everyone else paying for their GS F or their RC F?

Thanks!

I saw an article somewhere over the last few days and they were showing how much car insurance has gone up over the last 12 months and showed on average around 25 to 35%

8 hours ago, ashyk36 said:

Anyone got any advice for a fellow GS F owner? My insurance renewal is £1200. 35 years old, 12 years no claims, no accidents or convictions in the last 5 years. Only do max 5,000 miles a year. What is everyone else paying for their GS F or their RC F?

Thanks!

I’m paying around £440,  37yrs old with similar no claims and 10,000 miles a year.

Postcode makes a big difference and I’m TD.

11 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’m paying around £440,  37yrs old with similar no claims and 10,000 miles a year.

Postcode makes a big difference and I’m TD.

I concur on the postcode makes a difference…. Im £270 fully comp  on RCF in a IV30 postcode area (N.E Scotland)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links