Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF/GSF LCA Bushings Installed

The lower control arm bushings on the 2IS are quite prone to splitting. It's quite a common issue. I've been reading about how the RCF/GSF ones are way better and they are compatible with the 2IS including the ISF. So I bought two sets (one for myself and another IS250 owner) directly from Japan. Here in the UK from LPD the pair of bushings cost just over £200. I got them for £80 a pair including shipping and import taxes from Japan. So quite a bargain. 

Many owners seem to opt to go for the Figs or RR Racing LCA bushings which are supposed to be a lot better performance bushings made from PP. However, I didn't want to go down the route of installing PP bushings as they need to be maintained by greasing them at certain intervals. So I chose a cheaper but OEM performance upgrade 🙂 

The installation is very simple. A lot of people tend to take the wheel off for better access. I personally did not, I just raised the car on low profile ramps and there was plenty of clearance to swap it out. Saving the time of removing the wheel 🙂 It took about 10-15minutes per side. Below are some pics of the installation. 

As for the results. It's very noticable. There is a lot less body roll. A very well spent £80 I would say.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.971100dee01799b6026b87c45d9395c0.jpg

166859941_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.9c6fba21cf630811d81eaa7f32f656a9.jpg

624b70b2-9cdd-4273-8d1d-f96ba5e16e05.thumb.jpg.257701345edf8c66397025df0ca21214.jpg

bdc2b68a-60cc-4870-b741-99f1bdf25ae4.thumb.jpg.6a842c5d39bb0b46577d7ced4cf4adf6.jpg

008db8d3-0b5b-426a-ab1c-afd0501bfedd.thumb.jpg.010b84220da280e3f2e1560e189d55d3.jpg

88a84612-e2f4-4f86-8709-7e3a4de8185d.thumb.jpg.eca7173d699f9c64ea51a251b873ce3e.jpg

1aee8554-9902-49ba-a881-4f00a1c717df.thumb.jpg.8e8ce5afaad296cd18e4f61e0dd064c0.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Nice one Ahmed. Can you provide a link to where you got them?

Not sure if forum rules allow links to the popular auction site. Item number on that popular auction site UK is 384916363410

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zoricib said:

Noob question - Will these have any impact on the inner tyre wear? As it will it reduce the inner wear? 

It's supposed to help reduce inner wear yes. A lot of people replaced it for mainly this reason and say it makes a big difference.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, akawants said:

I m just wondering if they fit 3is as I m thinking to upgrade😅

Im quite certain it does. I’ve read about 3is owners in the states doing the same upgrade 

• Thanks 1

A few other tips I forgot to mention that are very importatn:

1. The main nut holding the bushing to the control arm threaded shaft, don't tighten without the cars weight being on the wheels otherwise you risk damaging the new part.

2. Also, before removing the bushing, measure from the end of the lower control arm threaded shaft to a fixed point that won’t be removed during this repair. Record the measurement for both sides. Basically, you are measuring 90° to a fixed point of the car. Then when refitting the new bushing unit, place the bolts and nuts but do not tighten. Then Measure to the fixed point and force the end of control back to where it was according to the original measurement and tighten the bolts to secure it back to that original measurement mark. That way you won't need any alignment done after.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, ahmed24 said:

As for the results. It's very noticable. There is a lot less body roll. A very well spent £80 I would say.

I am really torn between the OEM GSF bushings (£80) and Hardrace hardened rubber bushings (£200). I'm itching for that BMW E90 level of steering feedback - I think it's the main thing missing from this car.

Do you think the reason you found the change noticeable is because you were going from old, worn OEM bushings to brand new bushings? The US Lexus forums are full of people lauding the hardness of the FIGS and RR racing bushings and the improved feel. They say the only benefit you will get from the GSF ones is reduced inner tyre wear, but no impact on handling/feel.

Whilst they're rubber not poly, I'm guessing the Hardrace ones will nonetheless be more similar to FIGS/RR than to OEM.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 11:47 PM, AFlex said:

I am really torn between the OEM GSF bushings (£80) and Hardrace hardened rubber bushings (£200). I'm itching for that BMW E90 level of steering feedback - I think it's the main thing missing from this car.

Do you think the reason you found the change noticeable is because you were going from old, worn OEM bushings to brand new bushings? The US Lexus forums are full of people lauding the hardness of the FIGS and RR racing bushings and the improved feel. They say the only benefit you will get from the GSF ones is reduced inner tyre wear, but no impact on handling/feel.

Whilst they're rubber not poly, I'm guessing the Hardrace ones will nonetheless be more similar to FIGS/RR than to OEM.

The noticable difference isn;t because my previous ones are worn. I had perfectly good bushings on mine just thought i'd try it out because people swear by them. And it's made a considerable difference in how it goes round a roundabout and turns. 

The other performance bushes that have PP instead of rubber are supposed to be a lot better but for how much they cost and the fact that they need to be regularly removed and greased, I would rather not add something else to my maintenance list lol.

Hi all😀

Ahmed that is interesting regarding the upgrade for the Caster Bush.

Mine is still having it's service and 2 things among others were mentioned the other was the rear shocks which won't get through a MOT and the R/H caster bush I have seen 3 different part numbers and need advise but seeing this post iam now completely confused will this affect the ride or tyre wear do you know.

65Mike.

• 2 months later...

I’ve had these on for about 6 weeks now and I have to say I’m impressed by the improvement it has made. 

The car certainly feels “tighter” … it’s quite apparent. It’s all a bit tighter and less “wallowy” on bends and roundabouts and the like.

Now this bit is weird I’ll grant you … but it has improved the front end too. Very noticeable on trips we’ve made and especially on tight manoeuvres in car parks … I’ve not heard any wheel chatter ( my own description) … as yet.

Tyres are same as before the change … all I had done was 4 wheel alignment after fitting.

Nice one Ahmed … thank you for the pointers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, normski2 said:

I’ve had these on for about 6 weeks now and I have to say I’m impressed by the improvement it has made. 

The car certainly feels “tighter” … it’s quite apparent. It’s all a bit tighter and less “wallowy” on bends and roundabouts and the like.

Now this bit is weird I’ll grant you … but it has improved the front end too. Very noticeable on trips we’ve made and especially on tight manoeuvres in car parks … I’ve not heard any wheel chatter ( my own description) … as yet.

Tyres are same as before the change … all I had done was 4 wheel alignment after fitting.

Nice one Ahmed … thank you for the pointers.

I’m glad you did it and seeing the difference for yourself 😀

6 minutes ago, zoricib said:

Same here, had mine replaced about 5-6 weeks ago and noticed an improvement in the bends. Well worth it.

Definitely worth it specially at that price from that Japanese seller. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 6:38 PM, ahmed24 said:

Not sure if forum rules allow links to the popular auction site. Item number on that popular auction site UK is 384916363410

Did you need to specify two for the quantity? Or was it 2x bushings for £80 all in? 

43 minutes ago, BkS said:

Did you need to specify two for the quantity? Or was it 2x bushings for £80 all in? 

No you don’t need to specify quantity. Listing is for a pair (Left and Right - each have their own part numbers) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

No you don’t need to specify quantity. Listing is for a pair (Left and Right - each have their own part numbers) 

Perf, cheers mate

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links