Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty and Negotiate price

1. I've been reading the warranty T&Cs on the Lexus website. It mentions the "12 month service activated warranty" applicable from the day a USED Lexus is purchased from a Lexus dealer and continues each time the vehicle is serviced by a Lexus dealer for a further 12 months (or 10K miles) up to 10 years old or 100,00 miles. How is this different from the Relax servicing/warranty talked about on this forum?

2. Used cars for sale on the Lexus website sometimes say "Negotiate on this car". However, some forum members have recently stated that Lexus dealers don't negotiate. I'd welcome guidance on this, for example a car I'm interested in is priced at £31,990 and it's difficult to know what to offer. Of course whatever they offer off the price is potentially going to affect the price they offer in PX.

Geoff,

The "12 month service activated warranty" IS the 'Relax' warranty (which is active providing you have the car serviced annually at a Lexus Dealership (basically) - t's'n'c's apply of course.

Any negotiations are a non-proscribed conversation between two parties (buyer & seller in this case) and are wholly without any Lexus manufacturing company legislation.

As ever, a negotiated price, with whatever additions/subtractions or conditions, is only the result of a mutual agreement between the two parties.

• Like 3

There is a difference (or certainly was unless it has changed) in that a used Lexus (from a Lexus dealer) comes with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty including Lexus Roadside Assistance whereas the service activated (Relax) warranty (activated on having a Lexus service) is for 12 months or 10k miles (whichever comes first) and does not include Lexus Roadside Assistance. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JeffL said:

1. I've been reading the warranty T&Cs on the Lexus website. It mentions the "12 month service activated warranty" applicable from the day a USED Lexus is purchased from a Lexus dealer and continues each time the vehicle is serviced by a Lexus dealer for a further 12 months (or 10K miles) up to 10 years old or 100,00 miles. How is this different from the Relax servicing/warranty talked about on this forum?

2. Used cars for sale on the Lexus website sometimes say "Negotiate on this car". However, some forum members have recently stated that Lexus dealers don't negotiate. I'd welcome guidance on this, for example a car I'm interested in is priced at £31,990 and it's difficult to know what to offer. Of course whatever they offer off the price is potentially going to affect the price they offer in PX.

I have found that on new the cars I have bought Lexus do not negotiate ( last 2 both NX with long lead times) not sure on other models.

when I bought my first Lexus it was a few months old - pre registered ( only 5 miles on clock) but they were willing to negotiate on price.

Also when I had my car in for service I overheard part of a conversation regarding a 2nd hand Lexus and they were negotiating.

• Thanks 1

I have negotiated discounts off my current IS300h purchased new in 2013 and my NX350h Takumi order placed Feb 2022, no trade in car in either purchase.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JeffL said:

for example a car I'm interested in is priced at £31,990 and it's difficult to know what to offer.

£30k is a nice round number, if you don't ask you don't get, but I suspect £500 is likely the most you will get, make a low offer and let them counter offer rather than go in too high.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JeffL said:

I'd welcome guidance on this, for example a car I'm interested in is priced at £31,990 and it's difficult to know what to offer. Of course whatever they offer off the price is potentially going to affect the price they offer in PX.

Put the number plate through We Buy Any Car. Get their quote. Reply to Lexus mentioning WBAC quote and that you are happy to pay XXamount more than that but can not justify their price. See what happens.

• Like 1

Similar advice from me, use the car supermarket prices to negotiate.
Although mine was a couple of years ago and on a new NX, went through all the specs, extras etc, I was given the price. Then showed the dealer the CarWOW price from another dealer only 45 miles away, a few hushed words amongst the sales staff and BAM 27% discounted. Signed on the dotted line and had the car on my driveway in 5 weeks

• Like 1

I've been able to get our local dealer to match a Carwow offer on two occasions and saved thousands. Just tell them that you're prepared to travel to Lexus Orkney to get their car and the local dealers soon back down.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links