Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, unfortunately mi loved Lexus Nx 300h was stolen at 28 Marc from Chingford

F sport model, white colour, panoramic sunroof, reg BG68NWE, if anyone has information or has seen it, please let me know

Many tanks đŸ˜Ș

• Sad 9

Hi Robert,

So sorry to hear about the stolen NX....many times I have thought about being left in the same position, you must be gutted.

It has been discussed in various forms on this forum.

Was it broken into or can bus job or other ?? 

Do hope you hear something very soon ....good or bad.

• Like 1

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear this, don’t tell me the police have kindly given you a crime number for your insurance claim!

Insurance company “Do you have any photographic evidence in support of your claim?”

1255D37B-DEA0-42F1-B56F-05D1CE7B8ABF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, fiszemfaszom said:

Hi guys, unfortunately mi loved Lexus Nx 300h was stolen at 28 Marc from Chingford

F sport model, white colour, panoramic sunroof, reg BG68NWE, if anyone has information or has seen it, please let me know

Many tanks đŸ˜Ș

Sorry to hear that. 

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear this, don’t tell me the police have kindly given you a crime number for your insurance claim!

Insurance company “Do you have any photographic evidence in support of your claim?”

1255D37B-DEA0-42F1-B56F-05D1CE7B8ABF.jpeg

That's exactly what is happened đŸ€š

4 hours ago, Mobeam said:

Hi Robert,

So sorry to hear about the stolen NX....many times I have thought about being left in the same position, you must be gutted.

It has been discussed in various forms on this forum.

Was it broken into or can bus job or other ?? 

Do hope you hear something very soon ....good or bad.

I don't know, unfortunately i have no cctv records.. I had  the key inside home in a Faraday box, but nobody was at the door or around house to catch the key signal..I don't know how they took it..

3 minutes ago, fiszemfaszom said:

Yes, I guess you right

Please let us know if you get it back and if so what the damage is to indicate the method used to steal it. If it was the Canbus method this is really putting me off buying a used 2018 to 2021 NX. Very disappointing.

46 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Please let us know if you get it back and if so what the damage is to indicate the method used to steal it. If it was the Canbus method this is really putting me off buying a used 2018 to 2021 NX. Very disappointing.

just fit a ghost immobiliser to the car.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

just fit a ghost immobiliser to the car.

Might stop the car being stolen but won't stop the damage caused by an attempted can bus theft and all the inconvenience and cost involved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Might stop the car being stolen but won't stop the damage caused by an attempted can bus theft and all the inconvenience and cost involved.

don't think there will be damage for a canbus theft, they just plug in an ipad to the canbus and create a new key. there will be more damage if you have a stop lock where they will try to remove/saw through your steering wheel.

anyway, I prefer to have a damaged car than no car at all

• Thanks 1

From what I have heard canbus attack causes a lot of damage as they break wheel arch and presumably hack into loom.  I know of a rav 4 that was stolen then recovered and damage was in excess of 1000

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear about this. What a horrible thing to have to discover. I don't know what I would do other than feel sick and cry if someone stole my car. It's genuinely one of my worst nightmares. 

Has there been any update on this? I'm assuming not. 

I'm seriously considering investing in a new crook lock. Today's 'computer wiz-kid' criminals are unlikely to carry hacksaws around with them...I'd hope. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I just got new to me NX F-Sport (17)

I just realised after purchasing I come from high demand stolen car to more worse one đŸ€” as I had Land Rover discovery sport but that was only relay attack and we would prevent it disabling the keyless entry.

but on lexus no such option apart of one time disable method.

but with can-bus hack it’s a nightmare and everyday I am using my wife car to block my car on the drive.

what is the recommendation for aftermarket immobiliser I check with autowatch and they send me their trusted installers around me.

I don’t think the steering wheel lock will be handy if they manage to start the car once coz they will come back other day if they get a chance with the tools they need.

But if the car won’t start they will know this car no good for them and they will just look at it when they see it again.

Any one installed Ghost 2 Immobiliser?? Any feedback?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mad_4u said:

Hi All,

I just got new to me NX F-Sport (17)

I just realised after purchasing I come from high demand stolen car to more worse one đŸ€” as I had Land Rover discovery sport but that was only relay attack and we would prevent it disabling the keyless entry.

but on lexus no such option apart of one time disable method.

but with can-bus hack it’s a nightmare and everyday I am using my wife car to block my car on the drive.

what is the recommendation for aftermarket immobiliser I check with autowatch and they send me their trusted installers around me.

I don’t think the steering wheel lock will be handy if they manage to start the car once coz they will come back other day if they get a chance with the tools they need.

But if the car won’t start they will know this car no good for them and they will just look at it when they see it again.

Any one installed Ghost 2 Immobiliser?? Any feedback?

@Mad_4u  Abdul

I do not believe you can ever fully protect your pride and joy as these idiots will always find a way if determined enough and especially when stealing vehicles to order.  I have also just taken delivery of an NX450H+ and have opted to have Scorpion X CAN bus immobiliser (similar to Ghost II) installed next week and used the LOC discount with the S5+ Tracker.    I also use the Milenco steering wheel lock when at home and in non secure car parks.  Many in the LOC here will also advocate the bright yellow STOPLOCK. 

You can also disable the key fob RF from receiving vehicle smart access broadcasts from the car with a simple two button procedure. This will prevent Relay attacks as the key will broadcast its presence.  This does not require you to disable the primary remote access in the vehicle settings.   This is also recommended to disable any spare key fobs as well.

image.thumb.png.4a7035b5dc5ce0a61886cc25f08ddee9.png

I also keep my active key in a RF Faraday pouch when out and abouyt and in a Faraday tin when at home. See link below that woirks really well and holds one Lexus and fob:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081Q73X2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMO your comment to park your wife's car behind yours and block you in is probably best the idea and deterence.

2 hours ago, Hillie said:

@Mad_4u  Abdul

I do not believe you can ever fully protect your pride and joy as these idiots will always find a way if determined enough and especially when stealing vehicles to order.  I have also just taken delivery of an NX450H+ and have opted to have Scorpion X CAN bus immobiliser (similar to Ghost II) installed next week and used the LOC discount with the S5+ Tracker.    I also use the Milenco steering wheel lock when at home and in non secure car parks.  Many in the LOC here will also advocate the bright yellow STOPLOCK. 

You can also disable the key fob RF from receiving vehicle smart access broadcasts from the car with a simple two button procedure. This will prevent Relay attacks as the key will not be broadcast its presence and does not require you to disable the primary remote access in the vehicle settings.   This is alsom reccomended to disable any spare key fobs as well.

image.thumb.png.4a7035b5dc5ce0a61886cc25f08ddee9.png

I also keep my active key in a RF Faraday Pouch when out and abouyt and in a faraday tin when at home. See link below that woirks really well and holds one Lexus and fob:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081Q73X2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMO your comment to park your wife's car behind yours and block you in is probably best the idea and deterence.

Firstly sorry about your car,Robert hopefully you have had a good outcome and the little !!!! Have had their comeuppance.  Thanks to all the input about this. I am now going back to the money tree and getting more additional stuff added to my car when it gets here. Dear old Lexus should really be ahead of the curve about this. 

• 6 months later...

https://twitter.com/SyedHassan14/status/1737028020274090230?t=-yjh9yDLbYCcCKmLiPB3UQ&s=19

I can share your pain, mine was stolen in under 3min. I'm disappointed that showroom staff didn't pre warn of the high risk. It was sold to be as very secure as its keyless, these thieving scum proved the exact opposite

Edited by HassanB
More detail
  • Sad 5

seeing the attention to the left wheel arch, those are CANBUS attacks. Hopefully not so easy on the new NX models and a metal plate is being retrofitted on the RX. Should be available for the older NX too, perhaps with a bit of pressure on Lexus U.K. 

• Like 1

If they need to get into the wheel arch lining, I wonder if parking on left lock impairs their efforts at all? If you look at the mud flap fitting instructions you will see how the plastic wheel arch cladding are attached to the lining and body underneath, I also wonder if there is any facility to replace the plastic plugs with security head screws. Anything to deter them from bothering

This is my small way of deterrent..... parking as close as I can get to the wall in the hope that there is no room to work. !! along with steering lock and camera 

20231223_153849.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links