Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hydrogen (H2) started before and is working now.

hahahahaha, most of the upper 3 storeys of my ancient 400 year old tiny 2 bed cottage is made of wood .........  cozy in winter and well insulated against the heat in summer  .....  not so sure the beetles are ok tho' ........ hopefully they munched all they wanted decades ago ........... those houses look tooooo big for me ..  think of the cost of a heat pump and plumbing to get those up to scratch ......

simple life for me and old fashioned kiddies type tree houses would be ok for the homeless masses  .  need plenty of space to park the Lexus tho'  .  of course  😅

Malc

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, VFR said:

We are “told” that CO2 is an issue but it seems not.

When was the last time Earth had 400 ppm CO2?

Between 2.6 million and 5.3 million years ago.

The last time the concentration of CO2 was as high as 400 ppm was probably in the Pliocene Epoch, between 2.6 million and 5.3 million years ago.

Until the 20th century, it certainly hadn't exceeded 300 ppm, let alone 400 ppm, for at least 800,000 years.

So maybe it is an issue.

That politicians know very little is common knowledge, but that does not mean that CO2 is not an issue.

There's a lot of debate about both temperatures and CO2 levels from millions of years ago. But the evidence is much firmer for the last 800,000 years, when ice cores show that CO2 concentrations stayed tight between 180 and 290 ppm, hovering at around 280 ppm for some 10,000 years before the industrial revolution hit.

Much CO2 make brain activities less efficient, causes dizziness and headache. Maybe humans were thinking better before. Another very worrying “virtue” of humans is common greed. Unfortunately, that is not a new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Until the 20th century, it certainly hadn't exceeded 300 ppm, let alone 400 ppm, for at least 800,000 years.

hahahahahahahahaha ..  PROVE IT  ............... 🤣 

your personal experience then ?  .  if not then why not ?? ...........  did some politician tell you somewhere .  an honest one, to be believed .  and if so WHY would you believe him/her or whatever it might be  

NOW THEN ......... we do all actually know for certain that some politicians lie and often tell mistruths ......  and I'm sure I don't have to prove that to anyone ......  OR do I  ?

My 3rd cuppa of the morning awaits  .  then I'll go for a swim  .  kids are back to school and the pool will be " normal " again thankfully with room to breathe, well, swim anyway 😅

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

hahahahahahahahaha ..  PROVE IT  ............... 🤣 

your personal experience then ?  .  if not then why not ?? ...........  did some politician tell you somewhere .  an honest one, to be believed .  and if so WHY would you believe him/her or whatever it might be  

NOW THEN ......... we do all actually know for certain that some politicians lie and often tell mistruths ......  and I'm sure I don't have to prove that to anyone ......  OR do I  ?

My 3rd cuppa of the morning awaits  .  then I'll go for a swim  .  kids are back to school and the pool will be " normal " again thankfully with room to breathe, well, swim anyway 😅

Malc

You know I do not trust politicians, so no! Politicians make rules about things they do not know what is, but as long as more than half of them agree, they are right. Are they?

Ice cores from ice that is from several hundred thousand years till hundred ago can be showing more than it was just water that turned to ice because it was cold. And! Yes! I do believe some scientists.

Decaf or good strong Mokka? Not that over-roasted cheap coffee the Italians call espresso. Stay healthy, swimming is good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

I like Mocca. I swim like a brick lol.

hahahahaha  ....... learn ?  it's very therapeutic they tell me  .  so's the coffee too  😇

Malc

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

but as long as more than half of them agree, they are right. Are they?

that's why we have the House of Lords to keep the stupid excesses at bay ........... usually

Malc

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

supposed to be brighter

noway ......  coz' they're full of age old wisdom and simply NOT political AND on the whole, when awake, much much brighter than the politicos beneath .......... with no axes to grind and see the world in a better more realistic light 🤩

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

noway ......  coz' they're full of age old wisdom and simply NOT political AND on the whole, when awake, much much brighter than the politicos beneath .......... with no axes to grind and see the world in a better more realistic light 🤩

Malc

Thank you, Malcolm.

I learned something today. Always thought they were old aristocats (miauw) with gout, the preferred ailment of the upper class, according to Mrs. Bucket and have never been in the outside world of the poor people, because they were driven from their castles in RR to their place in the government with sofas where they could talk about golf and other very important things while having a cup of ? Whatever!

You must continue to educate me.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

You must continue to educate me.

Lord Sugar for one  ..................  maybe some 790 more and even some better ?  ..... like            Justin Welby and Melvyn Bragg for instance

Malc

13 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Lord Sugar for one  ..................  maybe some 790 more and even some better ?  ..... like            Justin Welby and Melvyn Bragg for instance

Malc

Dear God 🤯🤯🤯

I myself have not bought into the climate emergency twaddle and tend to view / read info like this that will of course never be shown on the MSM.

The whole thing from day one was as bent as a nine bob note & the praise given to the likes of Al Gore should have told you all you need to know.

IMO     😉

5 hours ago, VFR said:

I myself have not bought into the climate emergency twaddle and tend to view / read info like this that will of course never be shown on the MSM.

The whole thing from day one was as bent as a nine bob note & the praise given to the likes of Al Gore should have told you all you need to know.

IMO     😉

Very many fine things he said. And in a calm and close to pleasant voice without behaving like a fool.

Shutting down combustion engines will mean disaster. EV cars will in no way be sufficient to transport all the things we think we need. Batteries cannot move the airplanes we need to go to other countries on vacation. Neither can they power the big container ships.

He did for some reason not mention H2. Luckily not all smart people agree with him as well as really smart people do not agree with or trust politicians. H2 is on its way, the ball started rolling and it cannot be stopped. For the time being there is no other energy source that is eternal. Fossil fuel is lees abundant than it was, we are wasting it, just like he said. Natural gas is also not something that will be available forever. Water that is turned to H2 and when having used the power in it return to water is the only energy source that is reliable and regenerating itself no matter how much we use it.

Sun does not shine all the time and wind is not blowing constant. He is saying things we know, so all he says must be right. The only constant power source we have on this planet come from magnetism of the moon and that is the tide. It is there and it is more or less constant. The biggest most reliable power source on this planet, as far as I know. Just a little bit of mechanical problem turning that into useful power. He is smart and probably know that and for some reason did not mention it.

CO2 is not dangerous in levels that are now or levels that supposedly will come the next 50 – 100 years but if CO2 level keep climbing, they will become just that. If we are OK with the probability that in a few hundred years humans will have problems breathing, then Mr. Musk certainly has found a golden opportunity to spread humans to other planets hoping they will do better there than here. He will of course make money on it. That rain is not sufficient many places is a disaster, see Africa where people are having problems not just with the idiots that want to be president instead of the president.

That the water around Greenland is getting warmer is no problem (best quality shrimps and salmon come from cold water, but we can live without?), ice will just melt and that there below the ice in Antarctic also is rising temperatures in the water and the ice layer there is far less stable than before is also no real problem till some of the colossuses break and fall into water so sea level will rise so much that not only the island that are now having sea water to their plants which make them not grow will be completely gone as well as all low level areas will need to have dams around them in order to still have people there able to walk around with dry feet. Look at Holland. No problem we can all just move to higher ground or build dams around all the areas where we want to live.

So: Go tell it on the mountain.

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

and salmon come from cold water, but we can live without?

certainly not  .......  not sure where my Aldi smoked salmon slices come from these days .....  I would miss it for sure

Malc

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

certainly not  .......  not sure where my Aldi smoked salmon slices come from these days .....  I would miss it for sure

Malc

Maybe from one of these:

As you see, there are many of them. The blocked one can be seen on YouTube and it is rather critical but also rather long.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:16 AM, Las Palmas said:

Decaf or good strong Mokka? Not that over-roasted cheap coffee the Italians call espresso. Stay healthy, swimming is good!

Excuse -me John but the Italian coffee is widely known as one of the best ones. There is a reason why Starbucks closed down all its bars in Italy after only a few years.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Excuse -me John but the Italian coffee is widely known as one of the best ones. There is a reason why Starbucks closed down all its bars in Italy after only a few years.  

I am sorry.

Do not though consider Starbuck a place to expect to be served very good coffee. In an airport while waiting a cup from them is as good as a cup from most other airport coffee bars. Strong taste, yes. Taste of real coffee, no. Roast any coffee bean enough (too much in my opinion) and the coffee will taste strong. Many places in Turkey you can get good coffee, tasting of what it is supposed to - coffee.

Some think that highest amount of caffeine show that the coffee is good.

Some think that the coffee that tastes like real coffee beans, fist dried in sun and then roasted very lightly is good.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I've had Moroccan coffee, in Morocco and it's sooooo like  SLUDGE

Malc

Moroccan mint tea is surprisingly nice though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mincey said:

Moroccan mint tea is surprisingly nice though.

And extremely sweet. Some places a bit too much of the cane sugar they use. But Moroccan mint is fantastic. Here we can buy it dried.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links