Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealership Experience

Cs150

As reported in another post a 5 month old ES has had some corrosion on parts under the bonnet. This was taken to the dealer a few weeks past for 'assessment and inspection'. It was agreed I would not take a courtesy vehicle and simply wait and it would likely take one hour approx.

Upon arriving at the dealership there was not a single free parking space. So attempted to park at the same franchise neighboring Toyota building. Upon grappling with the ES turning circle and successfully occupying a space the unexpected occured. A greeting from a member of staff stating 'cannot park here' we are having some refurbishing works done and the space is needed. Further advice was provided and it was 'leave it outside the Lexus building front door and they will have to deal with it'. At this point the already low experience of the franchise and wider Lexus UK name was sinking to new depths.

Unfortunately there were vehicles parked outside of spaces namely Toyota Aygo and Yaris units and they were partially blocking the route to the Lexus main door. The ES managed to squeeze through with inches to spare, why are Toyota vehicles blocking an entrance to a Lexus building?

Upon arriving a member of staff moved the vehicle to a little further back away from the door but thought nothing of it. It was after one hour before another member of staff arrived to take the vehicle to the workshop which is offsite down the road. As chance would have it was taking a phone call outside and witnessed the member of staff open the car door and touch a neighbouring vehicle with a clunk noise!

When challenged the member of staff stated and I quote 'how do you expect me to get the vehicle out then'. Thankfully no damage was done and after complaining to the service representative the issue seems to have been brushed aside.

In total a one hour inspection did take 2.75 hours and wasted almost half of a working day. Followed up with a complaint to the dealership but it seems to have not been taken very seriously so have reported the dealer to Lexus UK. In decades of running other makes and the ES being the first (and last) Lexus have never seen a vehicle being treated with such disrespect. This is not a financed vehicle but a 5 month old ES owned outright so an asset of a fairly significant value. In conclusion an abysmal failing on every front and it is a mystery how the dealership has some positive Google reviews. Astounded how Lexus Cambridge has satisfied customers if they are and their vehicles treated in this way. The dealership seems to lack basic levels of service never mind the additional expectations of a so called premium make.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Carl,

It's quite clear that you are so very upset.

And it's a feeling that will live with you for a long time unless you take steps to resolve it.

I suggest that you should have a frank and calm discussion with the owner of the dealership, and, if that doesn't put your mind at rest -  then escalate the issue and talk to Lexus UK.

I hope the issues are resolved and your peace of mind restored.

• Like 3

This is very disappointing to hear, I believe Cambridge are under the Steven Eagell brand the same as here in MK where I am always treated as a VIP. In fact they also have a Toyota dealership a few miles away where I used to take an old company car and again the service was amazing. I would also contact the head office for the group who I think are also based in Milton Keynes on Knowlhill 

Indeed not upset by the experience as the expectations are very low. Certainly not happy and feel the level of experience has always been unacceptable with this dealer. Wanted to give a detailed report about what it is actually like to interface with this dealership and experience the 'premium' brand. Did take the wifes Fiesta in for a service last week and the treatment and overall service at the Ford dealer was ironically so much more professional.

Carl what was the outcome of your corrosion problem?  Don’t look at the inner wheel stations etc. They will be the same.  All ferrous metal cannot be surface rust free.  You need some WD 40.  Very upsetting about your experience at Lexus.  Unfortunately a sign of the times we live in now.

17 hours ago, Cs150 said:

As reported in another post a 5 month old ES has had some corrosion on parts under the bonnet. This was taken to the dealer a few weeks past for 'assessment and inspection'. It was agreed I would not take a courtesy vehicle and simply wait and it would likely take one hour approx.

Upon arriving at the dealership there was not a single free parking space. So attempted to park at the same franchise neighboring Toyota building. Upon grappling with the ES turning circle and successfully occupying a space the unexpected occured. A greeting from a member of staff stating 'cannot park here' we are having some refurbishing works done and the space is needed. Further advice was provided and it was 'leave it outside the Lexus building front door and they will have to deal with it'. At this point the already low experience of the franchise and wider Lexus UK name was sinking to new depths.

Unfortunately there were vehicles parked outside of spaces namely Toyota Aygo and Yaris units and they were partially blocking the route to the Lexus main door. The ES managed to squeeze through with inches to spare, why are Toyota vehicles blocking an entrance to a Lexus building?

Upon arriving a member of staff moved the vehicle to a little further back away from the door but thought nothing of it. It was after one hour before another member of staff arrived to take the vehicle to the workshop which is offsite down the road. As chance would have it was taking a phone call outside and witnessed the member of staff open the car door and touch a neighbouring vehicle with a clunk noise!

When challenged the member of staff stated and I quote 'how do you expect me to get the vehicle out then'. Thankfully no damage was done and after complaining to the service representative the issue seems to have been brushed aside.

In total a one hour inspection did take 2.75 hours and wasted almost half of a working day. Followed up with a complaint to the dealership but it seems to have not been taken very seriously so have reported the dealer to Lexus UK. In decades of running other makes and the ES being the first (and last) Lexus have never seen a vehicle being treated with such disrespect. This is not a financed vehicle but a 5 month old ES owned outright so an asset of a fairly significant value. In conclusion an abysmal failing on every front and it is a mystery how the dealership has some positive Google reviews. Astounded how Lexus Cambridge has satisfied customers if they are and their vehicles treated in this way. The dealership seems to lack basic levels of service never mind the additional expectations of a so called premium make.

On my 1 and only visit to the Cambridge dealership I came away less than impressed.

Thinking of a change of car I booked a test drive. On arrival the car park was packed - drove around and around and finally spotted a car pulling out. On going out for test drive asked to leave my keys for salesman to have a look at for trade in value.

the main issues was on leaving my car was not where I had left it ( taken out for check ?) no one had bothered to tell me we’re the car was. Walked around car park and found it - the issue was that a panel van was parked opposite totally blocking the row opposite and only giving me about 4 ft in front for me to get out- impossible from the tight parking bays.

went back to Lexus reception and explained situation - thought the would say sorry and get the van moved- what I did get was “ nothing to do with us, must be Toyota go and sort it with them” !!  Not the service I would expect from any dealership

Toyota did apologies and found the van driver and had it moved in a few minutes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

Carl what was the outcome of your corrosion problem?  Don’t look at the inner wheel stations etc. They will be the same.  All ferrous metal cannot be surface rust free.  You need some WD 40.  Very upsetting about your experience at Lexus.  Unfortunately a sign of the times we live in now.

The corrosion problem was concluded with the dealer providing a written statement that it is normal and will not cause any problems with the vehicle. The corroded parts are of cast construction but do have a coat of black paint that is quite thin; the corrosion seems to be at various random places on the parts. It is simply cosmetically unsightly and does indicate poor manufacturing quality. Will simply treat the rust and paint with a good quality durable chassis paint.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:22 AM, Tonyw said:

This is very disappointing to hear, I believe Cambridge are under the Steven Eagell brand the same as here in MK where I am always treated as a VIP. In fact they also have a Toyota dealership a few miles away where I used to take an old company car and again the service was amazing. I would also contact the head office for the group who I think are also based in Milton Keynes on Knowlhill 

An interesting observation is that the Lexus UK and dealer group both have flawed complaints processes with no escalation evidently possible. If you raise a complaint with the dealer group on the complaint form it requires selecting the dealer that the complaint is about. Which ever dealer you select simply receives the complaint with seemingly no escalation to head office! When you raise a complaint with Lexus UK which I did it also gets referred back to the dealer! So there appears to be no level of escalation and certainly not what I would call a robust tiered level complaints process. Again the expectations are very low from the dealer group and also Lexus UK so not entirely surprised.

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

An interesting observation is that the Lexus UK and dealer group both have flawed complaints processes with no escalation evidently possible. If you raise a complaint with the dealer group on the complaint form it requires selecting the dealer that the complaint is about. Which ever dealer you select simply receives the complaint with seemingly no escalation to head office! When you raise a complaint with Lexus UK which I did it also gets referred back to the dealer! So there appears to be no level of escalation and certainly not what I would call a robust tiered level complaints process. Again the expectations are very low from the dealer group and also Lexus UK so not entirely surprised.

Hi, if you use LinkedIn it is very easy to find senior employees at Steven Eagell group in Milton Keynes, just send them direct messages 

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear of your poor experience at Lexus Cambridge and I hope u can escalate your concerns higher up to achieve some result.

This is in such stark contrast to my experience at Lexus Preston. Who I have posted before for their exceptional customer service.

yesterday I had my ES booked in for it’s 20K service and although the car park was quite full I did manage to get a bay to leave my car in.

I was greeted by name as I walked in offered coffee and shown to the service reception area.

The service manager  Phil was expecting me and all the paperwork was ready for me to sign. Whilst the car  was being  booked in on the computer the service technician arrived and took the keys ready to commence the work ….

For this service I had requested a courtesy car and they offered me the new  RX350h demonstrator. Because it is significantly different to my ES, the service manager went out of his way and spent a good 20 mins to explain the functions of the RX for me before letting me loose with this beast ……

by the time I had returned home and done a few errands I had the text  message with the service video , and then 1/2 hour later was told the car was ready ……..

on my return the car was washed and vac,d  parked on the forecourt gleaming in the sun … and a bottle of spring water was complimentary supplied in the car.

As the car was purchased with 2 free services the bill for this service was less than £50 with ac clean and a paint touch up stick.  Loan  car was FOC.

previously I posted this dealership as Par Excellance and it continues to go beyond in its  customer service . A big thank you and well done Preston Lexus.

perhaps Cambridge Lexus should take note ……

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Disappointing to hear the Steven Eagell Group appear to have a poor reputation as the Lexus Milton Keynes branch is supposed to be my local service dealership for my new ES300H. Maybe I need to use Lexus Reading.  

51 minutes ago, Steven C said:

Disappointing to hear the Steven Eagell Group appear to have a poor reputation as the Lexus Milton Keynes branch is supposed to be my local service dealership for my new ES300H. Maybe I need to use Lexus Reading.  

And where did you hear that, Steven?  Not from me, that’s for sure.

I bought my IS250 from them when it was a couple of years old and its had a regular annual service there ever since.

So far the service I’ve received has been exemplary.  I have three year service plans so that everything is organised for me.  At the last MOT I had a video tour of the car to report on its condition and to identify the very few area that might - just might - need attention in the future.

The few items I’ve ever asked them to attend to have never been a problem 

Every six months they contact me - possibly to see if I’m still alive - and if they can interest me in a new Lexus (they can’t).  But should Lexus suddenly offer something that suits me better than the one I already have, I would have no hesitation about getting it from Lexus MK.

Of course, that’s just based on my experience.  Why do you think yours might be different?

6 hours ago, LenT said:

I bought my IS250 from them when it was a couple of years old and its had a regular annual service there ever since.

So far the service I’ve received has been exemplary.  I have three year service plans so that everything is organised for me.  At the last MOT I had a video tour of the car to report on its condition and to identify the very few area that might - just might - need attention in the future.

Every six months they contact me - possibly to see if I’m still alive - and if they can interest me in a new Lexus (they can’t).  But should Lexus suddenly offer something that suits me better than the one I already have, I would have no hesitation about getting it from Lexus MK.

Of course, that’s just based on my experience.  Why do you think yours might be different?

I too, have had a great service over two years and now two new cars from MK. In fact several years if you include my previous XF which came form their too good to auction trade ins 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LenT said:

LenT, It's the header comment in this post about Lexus Cambridge who are owned by the Steven Eagell Group. I have no experience of the Steven Eagell Group or Lexus Milton Keynes for service yet other than having a test drive in the ES300H. Hopefully I will receive the same service level as you do. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steven C said:

Hopefully I will receive the same service level as you do. 

At the very least Steven.  😊

And hopefully you’ll return to let us know all about it.

But looking back at the OP - and irritating though some elements may have been - I doubt that I would have castigated a Dealer because of, for example, the careless parking of a van driver.  

So perhaps I have a generally more relaxed attitude.  As an example, at the last Service I asked that the usual complementary valeting should NOT include being taken through the car wash at MK on account of the car having been professionally detailed with a ceramic finish.

I had used the.collection and delivery service, so was surprised when I got a call from the Service Manager to say that, unfortunately, that message hadn’t got to the young mechanic so the car had gone through the car wash.  The Manager apologised and asked if I would examine the car and if I saw any new damage they would deal with it.

Needless to say, there was none.  But he needn’t have made the call at all.  How would I have known about it?  If any marks had been there, how could I prove they were not there when they picked the car up?

What that told me about Lexus MK is that they were more concerned about having a satisfied customer than being embarrassed by a small oversight.

• Like 1

2005 - 2006 Toyota service here was much more than fine. It was perfect. Next door there was a Lexus service, much bigger and impressive, but did not have a Lexus then. Management were Japanese, service possible also in week-ends if you did not mind paying extra.

Think they sold the franchise to local people and Lexus service is now together with Toyota, and we can be lucky to have fine service and also unfortunately the opposite. Believe the personnel is paid minimum wage or at least some of the personnel.

On the other hand, such is of minor importance when the car never has any problems and all it need is oil etc.

Tried to buy tyres from them, but they are close to being not smart. They would sell the tyres they had in stock close to 100€ more expensive than tyre professionals and when asking for the Continental I wanted they were almost 200€ more expensive. Told them that and shrugging shoulders was what I got. Guess who did not sell tyres!

Oil and filter (ordinary service) are what they can handle and hybrid Battery control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

At the very least Steven.  😊

And hopefully you’ll return to let us know all about it.

But looking back at the OP - and irritating though some elements may have been - I doubt that I would have castigated a Dealer because of, for example, the careless parking of a van driver.  

So perhaps I have a generally more relaxed attitude.  As an example, at the last Service I asked that the usual complementary valeting should NOT include being taken through the car wash at MK on account of the car having been professionally detailed with a ceramic finish.

I had used the.collection and delivery service, so was surprised when I got a call from the Service Manager to say that, unfortunately, that message hadn’t got to the young mechanic so the car had gone through the car wash.  The Manager apologised and asked if I would examine the car and if I saw any new damage they would deal with it.

Needless to say, there was none.  But he needn’t have made the call at all.  How would I have known about it?  If any marks had been there, how could I prove they were not there when they picked the car up?

What that told me about Lexus MK is that they were more concerned about having a satisfied customer than being embarrassed by a small oversight.

I'm sure it will be fine LenT. Interesting note you made about the ceramic coating as I'm having mine done in two weeks and will have to make sure they do not put it through the car wash. I was warned not to put my last ceramic coated car through a car wash as it can remove the coating. I will probable stay up there for the first service as it should be a small service so will wait while they do it. But that is a year from now.😁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steven C said:

Interesting note you made about the ceramic coating as I'm having mine done in two weeks

Excellent move with a new car, Steven.  When I had mine done I did also consider having Paint Protection Film also applied just to the front of the car as an additional stone chip protection.

In the end, I didn’t because although it was very low mileage there was still little evidence of any such damage.  However, had it been brand new and with a larger, more vulnerable frontal area, I would probably have done it.

The only downside of the detailing was having to get out the buckets and snow foam and take up car washing again!  🙁

• 1 month later...

Lexus Cambridge, don't get me started.   Bought a car there 2 weeks ago only to discover they didn't organise the 12 month Lexus Roadside Assist policy which I only discovered after  ringing the customer services of Assist to ask them to update my policy with my private plate.   Your car is not known to us was the reply.   Dealer pointing fingers now at anybody but themselves.  The car is only 16 months old so has 20 months left of the original 3 year Roadside Assist but still I and my car are invisible to Road side assist.   I don't exist whether your talking about the 3 year roadside assist or the 12 month roadside assist dealers give with used car sales.    If I broke down tomorrow or was hit by another driver The AA would not be sending anyone out to me because the Computer says NO !!!!!!!!    Total disgrace.   A stiff letter to Steven Eagell is being drafted and ready to send.   

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.:driving:

If you want your car stewed best place to take it is Lexus Hatfield.

Let me explain.

Last year I took my is250 for it's MOT not a big job I know left it there as was told it would be a couple off hours so had a walk around the retail centre at Hatfield.

1 hour passed so thought would go back to dealer and saw a chap putting car back outside thought oh this is great all done alas no.

So sitting down and service adviser comes up to me a little while later and says the engine management light has come on.!!!:schmoll:

What was my reply he said was it on when you brought it in NO it was not,:Jumpy:

Cutting a long storey short here he thinks they left the car running in a 100 degrees while washing it then took it into a 100 degrees workshop with no air and the poor car could not cope with it.

So I had my fill off them not going back there again.

Note they reset the light as there was nothing wrong and all was ok.

Cowboys.

Also needed a service 60'000 mile service on a 14 year old car would not budge on price the price Lexus say is what you pay even though no warranty is issued as to old.😦

Selling dealer on the other hand nocked 10 percent off no problem.😀

So you can imagine my thoughts on Steven Eaggle Lexus Hatfield.

65Mike:driving:

It's been over  a week since I wrote to Mr Eagell via his PA whose e mail address was supplied to me after a friend had cause to write to Mr Eagell himself.   Suffice to say not even an email to even acknowledge my complaint about their sales department at Cambridge. Same old  story once they have your money you're on your own.   

Lexus Carlisle for me is still the benchmark for customer service and sales.  Bought 2 cars there and had both serviced there even though I lived 130 miles away.   It's a pity Lexus Cambridge staff can't be made to spend a week there so they see how it's done.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links