Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance big jump in premiums.

Just to add to this. My Merc c class got hit and requires a £9k repair. Full one side needs doing.

Checked insurance premium as non fault claim and it's doubled to £1800 from £985 last year. 

• Sad 1

Think yourself lucky £20,000 pounds insurance!!!

From the Independent newspaper.

The Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE is virtually impossible to insure in some areas of London. According to one comparison website, only two providers offer insurance for the car - to a 35-year-old woman in zone four, with six years of driving experience and no claims - for no less than £20,000 a year.

When moved to a north London address in zone 2, the website QuoteGoat found no insurance available for a 2023 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE and no car insurance deals appear to be available in London for a 25-year-old man with the same driving qualification and the same car.

• 4 months later...

2020 Lexus  UX F Sport E Four Takumi pack 

My insurance is up for renewal , current insurer AVIVA  increased renewal quote from £700 to £2000 including , NCB protection , legal cover and courtesy car small . 

No Claim  , NCB 13 years . Tried ringing them but they won’t reduce and happy for me to go elsewhere . 
Adrian Flux could not help either . 
Cheapest I could find on comparison website  with 5000 miles down from 8000 was £880 to 1000 with  Admiral , AGEAS , RIAZ , but when i go to their page from comparison sites page , my car details change despite entering car reg . All it says is Lexus UX F Sport . 
Do I accept this as it is , how do I specify E 4 Takumi pack , I thought that was part of the manufacturer configuration . I have not done any modifications . 

What do you all think .

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Ammu said:

All it says is Lexus UX F Sport . 
Do I accept this as it is , how do I specify E 4 Takumi pack , I thought that was part of the manufacturer configuration . I have not done any modifications . 

Many insurance companies don't care about having to declare factory built options. It was the same with my wife's UX which has Premium Plus and Tech packs but is just listed as a base grade UX on insurance and they said that was fine when queried with them.

Ring and speak to someone if you are unsure, and keep a record of the time/date and who you spoke to.

• Thanks 1

It is not just us Lexus owners that are seeing big increases in insurance costs. Phone call yesterday from brother-in-law who is ancient and has a knackered old VW Polo, just for shopping. His premium has doubled. He is on a poor state pension only. He cannot afford the increase. He must now take the bus everywhere as the old car in unaffordable. Priced off the road. Sad😒

On 3/17/2024 at 10:25 AM, Ammu said:

2020 Lexus  UX F Sport E Four Takumi pack 

My insurance is up for renewal , current insurer AVIVA  increased renewal quote from £700 to £2000 including , NCB protection , legal cover and courtesy car small . 

No Claim  , NCB 13 years . Tried ringing them but they won’t reduce and happy for me to go elsewhere . 
Adrian Flux could not help either . 
Cheapest I could find on comparison website  with 5000 miles down from 8000 was £880 to 1000 with  Admiral , AGEAS , RIAZ , but when i go to their page from comparison sites page , my car details change despite entering car reg . All it says is Lexus UX F Sport . 

What do you all think .

Thanks 

Hi.

I'm sorry we were unable to help with your insurance.

Regards,

Dan.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought my insurance quote from last month was an anomaly but all the comparison sites were pretty similar and there seems to be a 'consensus' amongst the different companies to have pushed prices up this year. Just had to pick the least painful option and get on the road

I have an LV multi car policy.

The insurance on my 2018 NX was £250 last year. Just had a renew notice and it has gone up to £460 (appx 80% increase)

Wife has a Golf GTI and that has gone up by 40%.

The sooner Lexus introduce a plate to protect the Canbus, or other security measures, the better for us all. They need to up their game in this respect.

There seems little rationale or logic behind the increases and to me just seems like insurers are out to get as much as they can while they can - in my case here are a few examples over the last couple of months:

- My mothers 12 year old Audi A3 (lives in North Yorkshire) that two years ago was about £350 per annum, then last year £510, renewal this month was £933 - so 83% increase (all those years were with LV Insurance) - no change in circumstances other than she is 3 years older (now 86 years old) - LV would only reduce it £45 on calling them - ran comparison quotes and best she could get was £792 with another insurance company so took that.

- My daughter and her fiancé with a 4 year old Kia Niro and a 13 year old Ford Fiesta (live on the south coast) and both cars with Admiral insurance multicar saw about a 25% increase in premiums - no change in circumstances except a year older (both under 30 years old) - but on calling Admiral they got the increase in premium roughly halved (so about 12% for the year).

- My wife's 4 year old Toyota Yaris (we live in Berkshire) with Tesco Insurance went from £234 to £366 - so 56% increase - no change in circumstances. Ran comparison quotes and got it down to £294 with a different insurance company so changed to them.

- My 9 year old Lexus IS 300h with Tesco Insurance went from £374 to £661 - so 77% increase - no change in circumstances. Ran comparison quotes and got it down to £429 with a different insurance company so changed to them.

Having seen all of those within a few weeks of each other just highlights how broken the whole insurance market is.

Here's something that also makes no sense in the UK insurance market, compehensive vs 3rd party cost difference is negligible. Why? Every other country I've insured in, 3rd party is considerably cheaper as the goverment mandated option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peniole said:

Here's something that also makes no sense in the UK insurance market, compehensive vs 3rd party cost difference is negligible. Why? Every other country I've insured in, 3rd party is considerably cheaper as the goverment mandated option.

I've actually found that 3rd party sometimes comes out MORE expensive than fully comprehensive when I've experimented before on the comparison sites! 

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

I've actually found that 3rd party sometimes comes out MORE expensive than fully comprehensive when I've experimented before on the comparison sites! 

I did the same exercise out of interest and found the same result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

It's obvious innit. Third party is always higher risk thus more expensive.  After the first party you are at risk when driving, after the second party you are very much at risk but third party = downright dangerous.  Simples.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links