Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

summat seriously wrong .................... ???

is it me or my car ......  I get this urge, when the  road cameras don't deter me, to floor the Old Lady ..............  and it scares me a little that the turn of speed is soooooo exhilerating AND probably does the Old Gal a power of good too

Jeez, who knows what speed she's doing, I dare'snt take my eyes off the road and concentration to look down at the speedo ............... it's a brilliant feeling though 😇

Do others with this V8 wolf in sheep's clothing get the urge too ?  🤩

Malc

• Like 1

Urge? VROOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!! :taz::yahoo:
Love the muted growl of the V8 and that sustained push in the back. 😁

The LS is not as exhilarating as my motorcycles though.
The GTR1400 does the 1/4 mile in under 11 secs (terminal 125Mph) and 0-60 in 2.9 secs.
On a slip-road I can go from 30 to 140 and back to 70 before I merge with traffic on the dual-carriageway.

Even the 34 year old GTR1000 does 0-60 in 4 secs and the 1/4 in 12 secs.
On the bikes you had better be awake though, or you'll soon be asleep,... permanently!! :scared:

• Haha 1

I know what you mean. My FZR 1000 Exup de-restricted and tuned by V&M racing had similar performance.

One fine day I tested the top speed and stopped trying at 175 mph before I chickened out and it was still picking up speed.

Then I saw the range rover hiding behind a motorway bridge. He never caught me.😁

Thanks to Queens park motorcycles for the dodgy rear number plate😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed Malc. I do rather enjoy leaving impatient drivers in shock :shocking:, after they underestimate just how much torque the 400 has, when she leaves them in her wake.

Going up steep hills, at traffic lights, as two lanes narrow, any excuse really:yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not on the public highway:

140+ MPH

My old Mk3 did this with consummate ease at a trackday on an RAF base.

Don't know if I'd subject my current Mk1 to the same thing, but driven within speed limits it feels like it has so much more to give and wants to keep pulling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stanwithaplan said:

when she leaves them in her wake.

most other drivers just think we're Old Aged plodders out for a Sunday afternoon poodle down the country lanes and then, when we get on a main highway just don't know how to possibly keep up with modern day cars .....  any really ........ coz our slumbering saloons are a quarter of a century old .  and they have no idea it's a 4 ltr V8 chugging along .........  at 142mph  ......  hehehehehe 

Malc

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My LS has one big bore exhaust running from cat. When I was in petrol station putting fuel and air in tyres nobody seemed interested. Turn the engine on and rumble of V8 spun a lot of heads. Then gave it a bit of welly got an audience to watch a very non descript saloon making a lovely V8 tune. Considering the number of audi's and beemers with large capacity engines it beats them all. Waiting to play with the corsa crowd with large bore exhausts see what they make of it. You just have to do it and smile. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links