Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered my first Lexus

whiskey33

13 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Just ordered an ES300H Premium in ice ecru with hazel tahara interior. Dealer reckons it might be here before the end of the year with the year end incentives they have at the moment. We will see. My previous and current UXs took 6-8 months.

This could be right based on my experience. I am getting mine in next couple of weeks. I was told 3 months in June when i placed the order. But i never got any updates on my app. i had to contact my dealer in Cambridge to see where we are.

• Like 1

I was told once by a Lexus Carlisle  that Lexus were obsessive about customer feedback and full a audit would be carried out if a dealer dropped below 9.5 out of 10.  Pity then that they pay no attention to a long standing forum like this one which covers all their product range and when dealers are quoted by members for not giving a damn  they seem to turn a blind eye.  I doubt that they don't read forum members opinions.   Having said that it's been a while since Lexus sent out a customer service feedback survey after any dealings with a dealer.    Don't they bother anymore?   

Bear in mind Lexus removed their Customer Relations contact address relying on the Toyota version of Customer Relations but letting them know of my dealings with one of their Lexus Ambassadors  (Cambridge) resulted in an automated e mail response and then no follow up.     No doubt Covid and the war in Ukraine are to blame for Companies failing their customer base. 

There are dealerships that take care of their customers welfare in all areas of service for sure, I experience this at Lexus Hull whose approach is so helpful the moment you walk in the door and who always smile and within 60 seconds are offering you a coffee and biscuits while you sit in reception awaiting the person you want to discuss something with.    They follow up on quotes they undertake when doing health checks, e.g.  after one visit to Hull for a software recall they noticed the scuffing to the front lower lip of my front bar caused by the previous owner.   They asked if I wanted a smart repair quote so out of interest I said yes.  They printed it out and I took it away.  I did the repair myself which I intended to do from the start but a few days later got a call asking if the quote they gave me was something I wanted to take up. Very polite and genuine enquiry on their part, no hard sell and were just fine when I said I was doing it myself.   At least this dealer thought about it,  I know it was an opportunity to sell a service,  but they didn't forget about it.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the Car arrived at Cambridge on 6th but there was a sale event the whole week so couldnt get the car. i have now arranged the pickup for this Saturday!! Very excited for the the first Lexus! Cant wait to see it in flesh as i have never seen the car in this paint on the road.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

So the Car arrived at Cambridge on 6th but there was a sale event the whole week so couldnt get the car. i have now arranged the pickup for this Saturday!! Very excited for the the first Lexus! Cant wait to see it in flesh as i have never seen the car in this paint on the road.

I have one in ice ecru but with the light interior and I also have not seen one on the road at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have one in ice ecru but with the light interior and I also have not seen one on the road at all.

Care to share some pictures Colin? I have an Ice ecru with hazel tahara ordered and would love to see more than images on the lexus configurator. Like you not seen one on the road. 

• Like 1

Be interested to know Whiskey33 how the hand over went and more importantly where on the premises the hand over took place.

Cambridge Lexus have their Toyota dealer next door and the car park was rammed when I was there collecting a pre owned ES back in July.  Other Lexus dealers I have used have a designated covered hand over area to offset any weather issues on the day so previous collections enabled me to inspect the new car in a dry dry space even if it was lashing outside.   I don't recall seeing any under cover facility for a hand over at Cambridge but maybe there is and pre owned car collection get a second rate hand over like mine.    Was your car in the car park when it was handed over?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Be interested to know Whiskey33 how the hand over went and more importantly where on the premises the hand over took place.

Cambridge Lexus have their Toyota dealer next door and the car park was rammed when I was there collecting a pre owned ES back in July.  Other Lexus dealers I have used have a designated covered hand over area to offset any weather issues on the day so previous collections enabled me to inspect the new car in a dry dry space even if it was lashing outside.   I don't recall seeing any under cover facility for a hand over at Cambridge but maybe there is and pre owned car collection get a second rate hand over like mine.    Was your car in the car park when it was handed over?

Hey Steve, I am yet to collect it. Will add my experience here for all! 🙂 

Maybe Muneendra a call ahead of the collection day to ask if the car is in a special hand over area, thinking that if it is raining and it's outside it would make it difficult for you to have a really close look at the paintwork for any marks, blemishes etc.   I hope you come back and say it was in a special viewing room fully enclosed to guarantee all was well with the car.  

I moaned and moaned about Lexus Cambridge and my experience when I collected my used car from them.  Left out in the rain over night, boxed in by about 10 cars, discovered some minor bumper damage and the driver's seat was absolutely filthy blah blah blah.   Made no difference when I wrote to Steve Eagell who just ignored my written complaint. 

Good Luck though, I hope it all goes well on the day.      

Its here!

The handover experience was very smooth at Cambridge. the sales was was very helpful throughout with my queries. The car was parked inside the showroom when we arrived and the color looks amazing and suits the car. I went with black interiors. 

The only niggle was the car not being updated in the Link+ app. i was told that this gets fixed after i take a first long trip, which it did but the experience could have been better.

I only persisiting issue is i am unable to access andf view the menu in app where i can remotely prepare the car with aircon/heating/sending navigation. i would need your assistance with it. adding screenshots from my app.

IMG_4655.JPG

06f31600-81fa-4b27-8d37-0e8f1cff8c6e.JPG

136B7E6F-9E32-46CC-8B04-C325F2846C1D.JPG

• Like 4

Great to hear your handover was done properly with the car inside.   My car is Mesa Red with Tan interior but I will be having the Sunlight Green with Tan interior next time and hopefully I can find a used Takumi in my budget.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

I only persisiting issue is i am unable to access andf view the menu in app where i can remotely prepare the car with aircon/heating/sending navigation. i would need your assistance with it. adding screenshots from my app.

I think you need to logon to the main Lexus website and activate some options. That's what I did. Not sure if you can do this on the app. 

16 hours ago, Steven C said:

I think you need to logon to the main Lexus website and activate some options. That's what I did. Not sure if you can do this on the app. 

i have done that as well. Didnt work. will reach out to dealer tomorrow. I can see the DCM icon on the screen in car is grayed out. maybe something to do with that.

7 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

i have done that as well. Didnt work. will reach out to dealer tomorrow. I can see the DCM icon on the screen in car is grayed out. maybe something to do with that.

I am using the Lexus Link app not the Lexus Link +. There are two for some reason. I think you are using the wrong one. Try the Lexus Link not the + version. Mine is on an android phone.

Should work with either App, was using the standard one then switched to the plus version a few weeks past. When switching to the plus App it removed the vehicle from the standard one. Would not hurt to remove the vehicle and add again using the chassis number if needed.

I like the '+' version. More information available (see image) but whether any of these apps are really useful I can't say. Handy when they tell that a door is open but that isn't a consistent feature.

Car Park .png

14 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Should work with either App, was using the standard one then switched to the plus version a few weeks past. When switching to the plus App it removed the vehicle from the standard one. Would not hurt to remove the vehicle and add again using the chassis number if needed.

I did add the car again using the registration and followed the authorization steps where i had to enter car milege. didnt work. Have dropped an email to dealership.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links