Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I never thought it’d be so hard to sell a LS430. I know it’s quite a niche car but I had mine up for 2.5 months and have just removed it from sale and will probably just keep it as a runaround. I had mine up for £4K, it’s a very good example with a lot of money spent and a good ad to accompany it.. yet pretty much the only attention I had was from other LS430 owners enquiring if it had sold 😀 

There’s another good one for sale for £2500 that’s been up for as long as mine has and that hasn’t moved either… So goes to show where the values are at for these cars. 

• Sad 1

it's as simple as the Economy and Spare ££££ I'm thinking

Older cars need someone who actually wants one and most older guys who wanted one now have it, satiated their thirst for the Ls430 luxury and all that goodness

£2.5 / 4k is often, well sometimes,  a drop in the ocean for us older guys reading this Forum and having that interest

AND I fear that those with pre ULEZ acceptable cars might have trouble now with Herr Khan extending his cash gobbling remit much further around  ............ 

Many factors .....  stretched ££££ economies and ULEZ being the most impact maybe

................ and many have a ULEZ ok car AND their luxury pre ULEZ steeds too these days

Good luck with the sale, there'll be someone out there OR as you suggest, just use her as a local runaround

I know my Ls400 is an everyday car, as always and of course  now too, and for any trip absolutely anywhere, she's brilliant ..........  on 245k miles ....  and the, our Honda Legend which is ULEZ ok will suffice for our London visits upcoming this August

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks it does make you wonder about spending money on the car though seeing as there’s little to no resale value. I’ve always broke even or made a profit on the cars I’ve owned (older BMW’s) and always maintained to a high standard.. however I was expecting a bit of a loss on this as it’s not very well viewed outside of LS430 circles. Including the cost of the car I’ve spent about 7-8k on it, so thought 4K was realistic.. but if the most I can get is 2 to 2.5k then it can just be a spare for when I need ULEZ free motoring! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coincidently I'm in the market for one and I'm not 'old'. WFH and thus don't mind having a huge V8 as a run around. Is your LS for sale then?

• Thanks 1

Ignore the title of this video - he does note that a £2500 LS430 is probably best avoided and that £6-7 is more realistic for a good one on Autotrader - but as a sales / buying aid it does tell you most of what you’ll need to know if you’re considering one of these…enjoy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Ignore the title of this video - he does note that a £2500 LS430 is probably best avoided and that £6-7 is more realistic for a good one on Autotrader - but as a sales / buying aid it does tell you most of what you’ll need to know if you’re considering one of these…enjoy.

I'm so sure I saw one of his videos a year or so ago when I was looking at an rx400h. He reviewed a 2005 or 06 plate one.

It does seem like there are a few LS430's in the market that are "stuck". Been for sale for months on Auto Trader. Low milers with great history as expected go quickly. I am looking for one - just want black leather though which narrows my choice down considerably!

I think black is a very rare colour in anything to do with an Ls …….. interior and exterior 

life can often be worth a slight compromise 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

I've never understood why people would want a black leather interior.
I had black leather in my first 98 Legend and in the S320 and they get stupidly hot in sunshine and show dirt just as much as cream/grey leather does.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I paid £2,800 for my LS430.  Had it for 18 months, spent nothing.  However, starting to throw up some faults - EML (possibly an o2 sensor?  My GS300 had it), and intermittent wipers stopped working today.....

Irritating.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put mine up in Feb, it attracted dreamers initially as (in my opinon) it was the best on auto trader at the time I advertised it £8k, I just ignored the low-ballers or took their "offers" as offers to pay a deposit (knowing what they were offering was what they obviuosly couldn't afford) and asked when they were coming to view and settle the balance.

Within a month someone advertised one almost as nice as mine for a couple of grand less (way below it should have been) based on others that were also listed, it sold very very quickly

a month or so later a dealer put one identical to mine on, with 10k less miles on, but not looking any nicer, for £12k, and it disappeared within a week, I don't know whether it sold, but dealers obviously get more generally as customer's have 6 months to iron out any issues, but £12k?!

after that mine remained the most expensive and (I think still, the nicest) and it sold at the beginning of July to a chap who only started looking in July

If you want to sell it, leave it advertised, it just needs the right person to have a look

• Like 6

I took mine 2004 with 104k on the clock for 3k, 3 years ago, the lowest price and miles, catalytic converters code lowered the price,  but it was post cat exhaust leaks. Runs on lpg, already 130k, ecu tuned, so much smoother shifting and faster acceleration. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links