Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre-loved NX300h

I plan to sell my IS300h - which I've enjoyed driving for four years - and acquire an NX300h (same engine but being SUV, higher, easier to get in and out, and more room for oldies like us).  For budgetary reasons I'll buy second hand.  (I might do a part-exchange deal with Lexus).  I'd welcome tips on special NX300h issues to look out for.  Are owners happy with their NXs?

NX300H is a great car. I would aim to buy from a Lexus dealer and look for as new a model as your budget allows. A 18MY would be my choice and go for a 300h with Luxury pack as this offers a good number of standard kit. Panoramic roof was terrific if you like a bright interior and I miss this on my current NX.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony B said:

I plan to sell my IS300h - which I've enjoyed driving for four years - and acquire an NX300h (same engine but being SUV, higher, easier to get in and out, and more room for oldies like us).  For budgetary reasons I'll buy second hand.  (I might do a part-exchange deal with Lexus).  I'd welcome tips on special NX300h issues to look out for.  Are owners happy with their NXs?

Anthony You Will Probably get a good PX for your own Car..From A Lexus Dealership So I would go there first Best  Word to describe The NX300 AMAZING Had mine for a year now and Great to drive Reliable and complimented with the 10 Year warranty fom The Dealership...Go For It.. You Won,t be disappointed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anthony B said:

Thanks, Ken.  Not familiar with the term 18MY - please enlighten me!

18MY = year of manufacture so a 2018 model. That's the facelift model from 2018 to 2021.
Panoramic roof is nice, but you lose rail bars for roof / cycle rack (if that's an issue). Don't see the point in them myself, as the NX one doesn't open, a lot more glass to clean, also I'm assuming with all that glass the car heat up a lot more if stood outside in the sunshine. If it cracks the car could be a write-off. Mine has a off white headliner so the cabin is bright enough.

But in all honesty all the AWD versions are great vehicles, all depends on budget. I'd go for the lowest mileage, newest with most toys as I could afford.
There lies the quandary though. Do you go for a newer car with less gadgets? Or for a slightly older one, higher mileage but fully loaded? 

1 hour ago, Anthony B said:

AT my age (80) depending upon price vs budget I'd go for a slightly older car with bells and whistles. 

Just traded in my 2015 NX300h premiere last month - great car, but if you can stretch to the 2018 model year after the “facelift” you will get a better version, improved hybrid (mileage) and multimedia

I have a 2021 NX300h Premium Sport addition (in the UK). This gives the body/wheels of an F Sport but for less money! We got the man made leather also as we find this far more comfortable/soft than the harder real leather seats. Don’t need a glass roof, ours has light coloured roof inside feels very airy. 

You just want to make sure the previous owner has looked after the car. Not just serviced by a Lexus as and when required but that they have looked after the car. Check down sides for swirl scratches as this is a tell tell sign they were lazy and put it through car washes! Only hand wash a Lexus!! Check wheels for curb scuffs too as this shows a careless driver.

We are due to take delivery of the NX350h before the end of the year but it’s bitter sweet for us. We have never had such a reliable and comfortable car as the 300h. We’ll miss it 😢 

One last thing, try and go for metallic black, it’s literally glittery in the sun! Oh and we had ceramic coat added, that makes it soooo shiny! 

• Like 2

I went from a 2016 IS300h to a 2019 NX.  Main reason was that the IS was too low for me.  

NX is a great height for getting in and out of.  Major differences were the NX felt underpowered compared to IS, turning circle is much worse and the fuel consumption is worse.  Having said that, its a wonderful cabin and a joy to do long runs in.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deb said:

One last thing, try and go for metallic black, it’s literally glittery in the sun! Oh and we had ceramic coat added, that makes it soooo shiny! 

Hi Deb,

My IS300h had Black metallic paint and looked great. My NX350h (due any day now) is the Graphite Black metallic too. I have been offered the ceramic coating protection from my lexus dealer, but unsure as I have never seen a ceramic coated black metallic lexus before.

So, in your opinion,  how different does it look, and what cost / where did you have yours done?

Michael. 

Look at what bells and whistles you already have and see if you can find a similar spec. My NX does not have memory seats like my old RX but it really does not bother me. Fuel economy may not be quite as good as your IS 300h but around 40 mpg is good as far as I am concerned. Not sure you would get a decent part exchange as they would be unlikely to sell your car, it will probably go to auction. Use WBAC to get a ball park figure and see a Lexus dealer can get near it. Had my NX 6 months and agree with previous contributors. You will enjoy the extra space.

2 minutes ago, imgo said:

Hi Deb,

My IS300h had Black metallic paint and looked great. My NX350h (due any day now) is the Graphite Black metallic too. I have been offered the ceramic coating protection from my lexus dealer, but unsure as I have never seen a ceramic coated black metallic lexus before.

So, in your opinion,  how different does it look, and what cost / where did you have yours done?

Michael. 

Hi. We have the 300h in graphite black and our 350h will be the same (only difference is we’ve gone for red interior this time)

Think the ceramic coat coat around £700, I’d have to dig out invoice to be exact. My husband washes it it every week and finishes off with some sort of ceramic spray. It ends up looking super shiny! Could be the ceramic spray helping but in my opinion it’s worth it 

26 minutes ago, Deb said:

Hi. We have the 300h in graphite black and our 350h will be the same (only difference is we’ve gone for red interior this time)

Think the ceramic coat coat around £700, I’d have to dig out invoice to be exact. My husband washes it it every week and finishes off with some sort of ceramic spray. It ends up looking super shiny! Could be the ceramic spray helping but in my opinion it’s worth it 

36 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Look at what bells and whistles you already have and see if you can find a similar spec. My NX does not have memory seats like my old RX but it really does not bother me. Fuel economy may not be quite as good as your IS 300h but around 40 mpg is good as far as I am concerned. Not sure you would get a decent part exchange as they would be unlikely to sell your car, it will probably go to auction. Use WBAC to get a ball park figure and see a Lexus dealer can get near it. Had my NX 6 months and agree with previous contributors. You will enjoy the extra space.

30 minutes ago, Deb said:

Who did it? Was it Lexus?

42 minutes ago, Hud 450 said:

I went from a 2016 IS300h to a 2019 NX.  Main reason was that the IS was too low for me.  

NX is a great height for getting in and out of.  Major differences were the NX felt underpowered compared to IS, turning circle is much worse and the fuel consumption is worse.  Having said that, its a wonderful cabin and a joy to do long runs in.  

Motorway quoted me £8670 a few minutes ago - I've had offers between 8300 and 8700 over the last few months.  CarWow said £8535.  The Lexus part-exchange page offered £8386.  So all in the same ballpark.  I could live with that kind of deal.

• Like 1

We paid Lexus as part of the car cost but it was another company that actually put it on. I wanna say GaurdX or something along those lines? I’d have to go and look on car as think they put a sticker on window! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Anthony B said:

AT my age (80) depending upon price vs budget I'd go for a slightly older car with bells and whistles. 

Good call sir, enjoy the search and eventual purchase, they are great vehicles.

Mid SUV size, almost car like handling, I find it very good for a tall motor, AWD reassurance for bad weather.
Most reliable car winner from 2015 and every year to 2020, can't remember which survey though.

Great value for money. When I bought mine new in 2020 with premium plus pack I compared prices to a VW Tourist / Touran whatever! The much lower class and quality VW with all the extras to almost match the NX spec was £9,000 more expensive.

2 hours ago, Deb said:

We paid Lexus as part of the car cost but it was another company that actually put it on. I wanna say GaurdX or something along those lines? I’d have to go and look on car as think they put a sticker on window! 

Yep, GardX did mine as part of the dealer package when buying the car. During C-19 there were bargains and plenty of free add ons to be had

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I've taken the plunge and bought a 15-reg NX300h with an exceptionally high spec - head-up display, forward radar, sun roof, heated steering wheel, etc, etc; one careful lady owner (yes, really) and looked after by Lexus Swindon since new.  It's a real find, immaculate, and being an SUV it's much easier of access than the IS.  Lexus did apart-exchange deal for me, not a good as I'd naively hoped for but good enough.

I'd be interested to learn what typical MPG other NX300h get. It's a heavier vehicle, albeit with the same engine as the IS, but I'm not going to get 50+ on a long run - or am I? , What's the best I'm going to get in a mix of highway and truly rural motoring (we're in the middle of Wiltshire).

• Like 2

I'd be interested to learn what typical MPG other NX300h get. It's a heavier vehicle, albeit with the same engine as the IS, but I'm not going to get 50+ on a long run - or am I? , What's the best I'm going to get in a mix of highway and truly rural motoring (we're in the middle of Wiltshire).

Congrats on the new vehicle, sounds like you found a good one.

It isn't the same engine as the IS and being heavier and a less aerodynamic SUV style vehicle you will see a noticeable drop in mpg - I'd expect a 15 to 20% drop compared to your IS.

We had a NX300h for over 4 years and averaged a real (actual, not car computer) fuel consumption of 37mpg on mixed driving. The range was 32mpg on short winter journeys to 40mpg on longer warmer runs. This seems typical.

Well, I've taken the plunge and bought a 15-reg NX300h with an exceptionally high spec - head-up display, forward radar, sun roof, heated steering wheel, etc, etc; one careful lady owner (yes, really) and looked after by Lexus Swindon since new.  It's a real find, immaculate, and being an SUV it's much easier of access than the IS.  Lexus did apart-exchange deal for me, not a good as I'd naively hoped for but good enough.

Congratulations on your purchase. I had a NX300H for 4 years recording every fuel fill from new and covering c31500 miles. Achieved an overall average in excess of 41mpg. Seasonal differences are noticeable - the best I recorded was 46.04 mpg in August and the worst 30.48 in February. Happy motoring!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anthony B said:

Congratulations on your purchase.  I recently traded in a 15 reg nx300h premiere but without the sunroof. Mileage does vary on the different roads and also as much by season.  In the summer on a long run I was getting low to mid 40s. In winter on local Norfolk runs it dropped to mid 30s. In the last year my average up to trade in was 38.8, but this was with less long runs than normal.

Enjoy the car - I did

23 hours ago, Anthony B said:

Congratulations on your purchase! We regularly drive motorway/country lanes (New Forest) and get around 42mpg on average. Never falls below 40 but never 50! 

Happy motoring 😊 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links