Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time for a change.....

After 6 years, 65 thousand miles and a load of fun, it's going. Getting traded in at the end of the month.

Got a new car lined up and am selling all the stuff that isn't bonded on (or too much of a pain in the azzle to remove) on eBay. Listings start at 7:30 tonight.

Will do forum members a better deal direct so if you fancy anything be sure to mention that if you message me on there.

Struggling to get my posts to stay on the for sale section on here so have given up (I and a gold member!).

Farewell old friend, it's been amazing....

IMG_20220728_124819_223.thumb.jpg.bdafef0eb1c2e23f5d79ef1d910946c9.jpg

• Like 1

@northerndan

4 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Got a new car lined up and am selling all the stuff that isn't bonded on (or too much of a pain in the azzle to remove) on eBay. Listings start at 7:30 tonight.

Do you have a link to your listings page?

2 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

If you go to eBay and search for "Lexus ISF WALD" that's my front bumper add on, then just go to see seller's other listings.

Check out Lexus ISF WALD Replica Carbon Fibre Front bumper insert/Add-on on eBay!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145292220287?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dGZj776JQ92&sssrc=2524149&ssuid=dGZj776JQ92&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

5 minutes ago, Pielight said:

If you had to choose one, GR or RCF?

I couldn't choose between the two, each has their own charm. I'm in the fortunate position where I can keep both.

Although the GR has the advantage of being new to me, but all the rave reviews go nowhere near what it can do on a twisty country road after half an hour of very exciting driving. Absolutely incredible little car and that sums it up, small so great on country B roads which is its natural home and just about the last place in this country where you can enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

@Pielight have both 🙂 if financially allowed. Dont think you will lose much money from them. 

as mentioned above, two very different cars. I dont run a gr yaris, instead run a grmn yaris and an isf. Similar concept i guess, light weight fun hot hatch and a gt/sport car. It is all down to your personal circumstances such as the types of road around you, nature of car use, kids, journey to work (short or long)

Imo gr yaris will be a better “one car does all” compared with the rcf. That is on the basis of better back seats, 4wd for winter use, cheaper to run and probably offer more fun than the rcf within uk road speed legal limit (if this means anything to you).

barry

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cactus said:

@Pielight have both 🙂 if financially allowed. Dont think you will lose much money from them. 

as mentioned above, two very different cars. I dont run a gr yaris, instead run a grmn yaris and an isf. Similar concept i guess, light weight fun hot hatch and a gt/sport car. It is all down to your personal circumstances such as the types of road around you, nature of car use, kids, journey to work (short or long)

Imo gr yaris will be a better “one car does all” compared with the rcf. That is on the basis of better back seats, 4wd for winter use, cheaper to run and probably offer more fun than the rcf within uk road speed legal limit (if this means anything to you).

barry

My thoughts exactly, luckily where I live if I turn right at the bottom of the road I'm in GR Yaris heaven for as many miles as you like. Plus as I've lived in this area most of my life I know them well.

The RCF can do these roads but not nowhere near as well but the RCF has a charm all of it's own. For longer journeys with the wife I just put the RCF in limo mode and waft to our destination. With the modifications I've done to the RCF I still enjoy the positive reaction from all ages of drivers I get.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, B1RMA said:

I couldn't choose between the two, each has their own charm. I'm in the fortunate position where I can keep both.

Although the GR has the advantage of being new to me, but all the rave reviews go nowhere near what it can do on a twisty country road after half an hour of very exciting driving. Absolutely incredible little car and that sums it up, small so great on country B roads which is its natural home and just about the last place in this country where you can enjoy yourself.

Thanks for reply...I know exactly what you mean...I own motorcycles and it's the same with them....horses for courses, B road blaster vs fast A road/motorway cruisers. The gr sounds fantastic though.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, Cactus said:

barry

Thanks Barry some great points...I'd love both, but I also have motorcycles which if anything are more expensive to run..tyres and servicing costs in particular. I also have an old civic as a runaround and wife has a Renault Captur, both of which help with running costs and keep my GSF of the winter salted roads. An advantage of the GSF compared to RCF of course is back seat space.

Yes, fun on UK roads is definitely a big factor which is why I have different the bikes to tick the different boxes as you describe. From your and others replies, I'm frightened to test drive a GR as I'd inevitably end up in a dilemma! 

That's it. She's gone......

If LB09 KAK surfaces anywhere I'm more then happy to provide all the juicy details behind her ownership.

Handed her over with 12 Lexus stamps in the book and every single invoice for everything since 2015 (before and including my ownership).

Got a great deal that meant that (excluding mods and servicing, which I'd spend on any car) she cost me just over £96 a month to own). What a deal.

I managed to get most of my money back on the removable mods and it's gone looking fine but in need of a few minor jobs to get her perfect. Time for the next owner to pick up the reins.

Replaced the old girl with something a lot newer and with infinitely more accessible modification potential. Already got it booked in to go stage 2 before Xmas!

Not what anyone would have expected but even in stock form (which it won't be for long) this thing is formidable.....

IMG_20230930_182350.thumb.jpg.12d70ed071808366ab8fcb14efc25538.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links