Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Key Fob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:41 PM, CGJ said:

My 450h+ Takumi arrived mid July minus second fob, wheel bolts, manuals and towbar (which has now been fitted at the main dealer).

No updates at all on the key fob or locking wheel bolts😬

03/01/24 I called dealer to book my car in for remedial work on the fuel flap issue. The first corrective attempt has not worked. They also advised me that the second key fob has arrived and will also  issued to me.

• Like 3

I'm now just over the four month mark into waiting for my second key (and locking wheel nuts). Typically I've not been kept updated by the dealer or anything so I do occasionally come back to this thread just to see where people are at. 

As I said last time, I'm going to wait until around March (then it'll be six months - which seems to be around 'average' judging from other people's experiences) before I'll pluck up the courage to get in touch with my dreaded dealer... 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I'm now just over the four month mark into waiting for my second key (and locking wheel nuts). Typically I've not been kept updated by the dealer or anything so I do occasionally come back to this thread just to see where people are at. 

As I said last time, I'm going to wait until around March (then it'll be six months - which seems to be around 'average' judging from other people's experiences) before I'll pluck up the courage to get in touch with my dreaded dealer... 

I did hear from my dealer that "the keys are coming a bit quicker". 

We should get a letter from Lexus - (hopefully soon 😀)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gary H said:

yes you should soon be good to go, as was I after 6 months. However the locking wheel nuts “are not now supplied with the NX” was the response from my dealer. I’m just too worn out with protracted deliveries of car and keys plus poor dealer communications all round, to fight this.
I’m enjoying my beautiful 450h+ as is, and getting on with life. 

• Like 2

We got our NX350h towards the end of July 23 and we have been told today by the dealer that they have ordered our second key. However, no letter directly from Lexus yet. Wheel nuts? No idea.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

We got our NX350h towards the end of July 23 and we have been told today by the dealer that they have ordered our second key. However, no letter directly from Lexus yet. Wheel nuts? No idea.

I hope that they haven’t just ordered it today 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

However the locking wheel nuts “are not now supplied with the NX” was the response from my dealer. I’m just too worn out with protracted deliveries of car and keys plus poor dealer communications all round, to fight this.
I’m enjoying my beautiful 450h+ as is, and getting on with life. 

I received the same response from my dealer however Lexus UK said that locking wheel nuts (or bolts) WILL be supplied eventually.

I know what you mean about being too worn out 🙄🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got the letter from Lexus in December and contacted my dealership - got reply about being busy and closure over Christmas and they would be in touch - still waiting, so end of last week contacted my “local” Lexus service dealer (they cannot sell Lexus but can service them) they said ok we can get the keys in a couple of days when do you want to come in it takes about 1/2 hr so we will fit you in almost anytime.

Took it in this morning, all OK - it did take just under the hour, but to be fair the complementary health check and the valet & wash took most of the time, and the coffee was quite good !!

ps still waiting for the printed owners handbook my dealership promised me in September

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

We had a call from the dealer today. Our second key and WHEEL NUTS are available and will be fitted next Tuesday!

When was your car delivered, I haven't heard anything yet?

4 hours ago, malcolmw said:

We had a call from the dealer today. Our second key and WHEEL NUTS are available and will be fitted next Tuesday!

Wheel nuts .....how exciting 😀😀.

All good news.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

My dealer told me Lexus don’t supply them anymore. Hmph!!!

Yes, me too. 🙄🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Late July 2023.

Ah, same time as me so where is my second key? Must give the dealer a call!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 3:36 PM, HMT said:

Got the letter from Lexus in December and contacted my dealership - got reply about being busy and closure over Christmas and they would be in touch - still waiting, so end of last week contacted my “local” Lexus service dealer (they cannot sell Lexus but can service them) they said ok we can get the keys in a couple of days when do you want to come in it takes about 1/2 hr so we will fit you in almost anytime.

Took it in this morning, all OK - it did take just under the hour, but to be fair the complementary health check and the valet & wash took most of the time, and the coffee was quite good !!

ps still waiting for the printed owners handbook my dealership promised me in September

Well 3 weeks later finally got a call from “my dealership” offering to sort out the 2nd key….. told him already done elsewhere as I had gaven up on waiting for them.

did remind them about the printed owner manual I was promised in Sept (and that was only after Lexus CS had a word with them) - told it was a different dept and that he would get them to call me …….. wonder how long that will take if at all

• Sad 3

Six months since I took delivery of my RX and today I got the call from the dealer to say the 2nd key fob and locking wheel bolts are available fit next week!

• Like 1

NX450 delivered in Sept. Last week Dealer advised that Lexus had told them second fob was available, and they have ordered it for me. Didn't receive anything from Lexus.

Dealer also advised that locking wheel bolts are being issued to Dealerships, so hopefully not too much longer

• Like 2

Whoopee! We now have two keys and locking wheel bolts.

We have had to synchronise the new key to the Lexus Link + app and account as otherwise it identifies the user as "Guest" and you won't get the journey data etc saved.

We get the "second key registered" pop-up so we will see if this disappears soon as mentioned.

We also get the big blue screen asking us to agree to T&Cs but this may also disappear now that everything is registered.

• Like 4

2nd Key fob arrived at Dealers yesterday - car delivered Sept 23.

Apparently locking wheel bolts were sent out to Dealers last week, so should be in stock.  A timely phone call to your Dealer may prove fruitful

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, MarcG said:

2nd Key fob arrived at Dealers yesterday - car delivered Sept 23.

Apparently locking wheel bolts were sent out to Dealers last week, so should be in stock.  A timely phone call to your Dealer may prove fruitful

Going tomorrow for my 2nd key and asked about the wheel bolts was told “ oh yes they will be here next week”(week starting tomorrow), so live in hope that my once new car will be a complete 2nd hand car. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Going tomorrow for my 2nd key and asked about the wheel bolts was told “ oh yes they will be here next week”(week starting tomorrow), so live in hope that my once new car will be a complete 2nd hand car. 

Let us know!!

As I sit near the fake cherry blossom tree in the Lexus showroom I am told that the locking wheel bolts that have come in are for the RX and not for the little NX. 
So a 6 month wait to get my once new car finished will be a little longer. At least I now have two keys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links